Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 6 78 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 24, 2011 6:04 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
TheJOJ96 wrote:
This episode will probably suck ass because there are no boys and just Randy and Sharon. :( I'm still waiting for an MLP/bronies episode.

Oh god no. It's not that parodying MLP is particularly horrible it's just that no good or original humor could possibly be made out of that.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 24, 2011 6:46 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Yeah, the plot seems rather meh from the press-release blurb. The SP crew (especially the animations team!) is probably getting burnt out after Last of the Meheecans & Bass to Mouth (2 great episodes BTW...) so this is probably a banked episode to give them time for a little well-deserved mid-run breather.

As for the Randy character, I'm more annoyed by his rather-frequent usage in recent seasons (especially compared to the other adult characters) than his personality. I don't mind a major role for Randy every now and then, but if I really want a goofy father-figure as a main character for my ideal animation show, let's just say that I would not bother watching South Park.

I'm more of a Sharon fan since she's level-headed and is more similar to Stan personality-wise than Randy is. She's my second-favorite female character after Wendy and my second-favorite adult character after Tuong Lu Kim.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 24, 2011 7:05 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm27
Well last weeks episode was hyped up a little more than usual and I personally thought it was a let down. Maybe this one will surprise. Seems like this is also setting up a possible Stan B plot. I think it would be funny to see Shelly watch Stan and they get into a big fight or whatever, or Stan and Kyle hangout and shows them really begin to be good friends again since the s*** episodes. But anyway it's a Randy episode so it should be good.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ Really, when Randy is used as the adult who gets into the latest thing or whatever is when he's most annoying. He gets so caught up in something, he takes over any episode or situation faster than you can blink. If his role is small, and not there to be the idiot, fine. I guess. But it's really hard for me to like anything about him now as all I see him as this idiot who is a bad father and husband. Will this episode change that as he appears to be doing something for Sharon for once? Judging by the fact he gets into Broadway himself, he's going to steal the show yet again. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 24, 2011 7:09 pm Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm28
The fact that Randy's in the episode makes me feel kinda.... ugh. I'm kind of tired of Randy and Cartman and Butters being main characters in most of the episodes this season...
This episode can either be really great or suck really badly. I hope that this episode does not have a predictable plot. I have a feeling that M&T are last-minuting their ideas, since the preview was pretty short.

Oh, when, oh when, will my little Kenny be featured? Or Wendy? Or Bebe? etc. The plots keep on recyling the same characters over and over, we need fresh, new stories about new characters, or stories that build up around other character's lives. What about the Goths, or the Raisins girls? (Or Pip? jk) we haven't heard much of them in a while.
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 24, 2011 7:29 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Maybe a big role by Sharon could save this one.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 25, 2011 3:47 am Offline
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm562
Mrs.KennyMcCormick wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:
I will say it again:

f*ck you haters, Randy is God. He is so fickle in his politics, one day an Obama fan, the next he is a Tea Party teabagger angry that he has a tiny dick. It is such a wonderful characteristic when you couple it with his outright retardation.

Aren't you afraid he might not vote for you next year, Mr. President? (I still think you're a better candidate than those GOP d*ckheads)

It's not worth going after "true" swing voters like Randy, they are going to switch who they vote for every cycle, as we seen in 2010. (seriously, voting for the people you got so pissed at before for wrecking things, when the reasons things are so stalled in congress is because of them, also. Two wrongs make a right in their eyes.)

About the episode:

People can complain about another Randy episode, but after what happened it is only fair to give Sharon and Randy another episode to hash things out/prove to the audience that they are truly back together, or if not. Either outcome, another ep is justified.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 25, 2011 1:57 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
The TV promos for this week say the guys are teaming up with Robert Lopez on this one. He's the dude they made Book of Mormon with. Suffice to say there will be some significant music in this week's episode.

Knowing that, it's not going to matter who the episode focuses on, there's going to be some great, hilarious music that we'll all want to download. Trey hasn't been putting many songs in the series in recent years, so it's about time they got back to that. It really lets you know they care about their project when the creator(s) have their stop motion cartoon characters pivot from sh*t jokes into well written, but still immensely funny songs. That goes for any show.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 25, 2011 3:46 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:08 pm2
I think if you dont like Randy episodes, you might not be old enough to get the humor in it or something. I dont get it. And comparing him to Homer, or Peter Griffin is absolutely ridiculous. He has depth, he is not just a fat ass oaf of a character that always f*cks sh*t up. He does intelligent things every once in a while. Just dont ever bring Towelie back and try to stay away from just Butter's episodes unless its up the "Bottom Bitch" caliber. Keep up with the Cartman being smart episodes he is a lot more funny when he is right. And Stan is an alcoholic. f*cking Genius!
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ That's the problem with Randy. He isn't some fun-loving dad. Homer from the Simpsons may be a beer-guzzling idiot too, but he has heart. You know he deeply cares about his family and he has done and said some pretty wonderful things to his wife over the years and takes time to get to know his kids, even if he may fail now and again. Randy does not do any of these things that's why I cannot jump for joy for him. He's only likable by those who don't see his flaws, or they do, they just don't care. :roll:

Hopefully Sharon saves the eppy, but I can't see the eppy being bad if she's in it. I'm too much a fan of hers to complain what she does tomorrow night. :wink:

now I wonder why it's called BRO down....
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 25, 2011 6:25 pm Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
Rather you hate him or like him, Randy is the star of the show now. Yes, he does get a little annoying with his obsession of anomalous stuff in several episodes, but he's a great dad character and I can't wait to see what he's going to do on tomorrow's episode. As for Stan--who will look up over him? Grandpa Marsh barely show in the house since "You're getting old" and Shelly--will she might babysit him like she did with Cartman. Anyway, I'm looking for this and Randy/Sharon moments. :o
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 25, 2011 7:22 pm Offline
Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:40 pm26
not sure what to this of this one
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 26, 2011 3:43 am Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
I wouldn't mind another Randy episode. The Creme Fraiche episode was awesome, so I thought.

I wouldn't mind seeing M&T make an appearance, themselves in this episode, announcing casting for The Book of Mormon, and Randy tries out for the part.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 26, 2011 8:50 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
So much hate for Randy, yet he is such a wonderfull f*ckin character. :lol:
He's not an example of good behaviour and he's not meant to be. He is the best satire for a modern man with his childish obsessions and ridiculous behaviour... he's just hillarious. :D Also comparing him to Homer Simpson just shows you how differently M&T do things from the Simpsons crew....
It's almost like:
Simpsons: "All people are good in their nature, ALLTHOUGH nobody is perfect and everybody has his flaws."
South Park: "Most people are fkin evil selfish jerk-off assh*les, ALLTHOUGH there may still be some hope left for mankind."

Imho Randy is not annoying at all, Randy is the adult icon of this show.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 26, 2011 8:54 am Offline
Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:13 pm22
I think episodes are best when writers stick to with what they know and they know musicals. The elementary musical was pretty good, lots of music in 20 minutes for not having a whole lot of time to do it.

I was hoping for The Thing episode though maybe having Kurt Russel and the chick from the new The Thing having a baby and it turns out to be a baby that looks like James Arness who played the thing in 1951.

Looking forward to the Broadway Bro Down still.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 6 78 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next