Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 10 of 13 188 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 28, 2011 10:38 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Brendle wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
2nd time- same thoughts on it pretty much. The BJ jokes got old fast. Too much Randy. And what ever became of his musical? Still find Sharon and Randy being nice to each other and giving pet names weird. Loved the Shelley/Larry story as we all did pretty much. And the ending was so sweet and random! Could have used more Stan, first eppy his family was in it more than him. Still would have liked to see Shelley hit him or something lol. She does have a soft side though as clearly seen in this eppy.

Because of jokes that got old fast, I give it 8/10 still.

can the good streak of episodes for 15B continue next week?? We shall see.

Gosh...all you ever talk about is how stupid/annoying Randy is.

And how Stan should have been on more. You don't seem to care at all about the comedy or the story, which is what M&T care about. They don't give a damn about your precious Stan.

Great post, always nice to see you putting others down over totally subjective matters as usual. You're a real champ.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 2:16 am Offline
Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:32 pm49
Why do people care so much about seeing Stan when the episode is MEANT to be a Randy/Sharon episode? If he was in there it wouldda been like MnT just went, "Oh yeah they want Stan in it, so let's shove him in here, here, and here and just the story here, here, and here...f*ck! That's sh*t now!"
Appreciate the way THEY wanted to do it and accept that's the way the episode was meant to be. It was awesome 9/10
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 2:23 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Brendle wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
2nd time- same thoughts on it pretty much. The BJ jokes got old fast. Too much Randy. And what ever became of his musical? Still find Sharon and Randy being nice to each other and giving pet names weird. Loved the Shelley/Larry story as we all did pretty much. And the ending was so sweet and random! Could have used more Stan, first eppy his family was in it more than him. Still would have liked to see Shelley hit him or something lol. She does have a soft side though as clearly seen in this eppy.

And how Stan should have been on more. You don't seem to care at all about the comedy or the story, which is what M&T care about. They don't give a damn about your precious Stan.

I have a habit of saying what I think of certain things the majority of people think opposite of. Since so many people love Randy, and I however don't, I do tend to express this often. I look at things in a literate manner- which isn't the best thing for SP, but I see Randy as well, someone who could do with some parenting and spouse tips. So when I see others who don't seem to see the bad in Randy, I get annoyed.

Believe me, I see the comedy of the show. I may be a big Stan fan but I get the comedy. I absolutely love the episode Tsst even though it was heavy on Cartman and had little Stan. But my goodness I love it and lmao all the time. I'm also not saying all Stan episodes are #1 da best either.

If there were more Stan fans and less Randy fans, I wouldn't post the comments I do. But since there are little of the first I have to stick up for the lesser crowd.

That is it- for now. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Last edited by Stanluv25 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 2:25 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Velcrix wrote:
It was alright I guess. Very similar to Creme Freiche and the ending was so sudden and out of place.

You didn't see that coming? :lol: You know they made BoM earlier this year and you know this episode was about Broadway musicals, and you didn't put 2+2 together? :cartmanlaugh:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 2:33 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Stanluv25 wrote:
I have a habit of saying what I think of certain things the majority of people think opposite of. Since so many people love Randy, and I however don't, I do tend to express this often. I look at things in a literate manner- which isn't the best thing for SP, but I see Randy as well, someone who could do with some parenting and spouse tips. So when I see others who don't seem to see the bad in Randy, I get annoyed.

Believe me, I see the comedy of the show. I may be a big Stan fan but I get the comedy. I absolutely love the episode Tsst even though it was heavy on Cartman and had little Stan. But my goodness I love it and lmao all the time. I'm also not saying all Stan episodes are #1 da best either.

If there were more Stan fans and less Randy fans, I wouldn't post the comments I do. But since there are little of the first I have to stick up for the lesser crowd.

Someday you'll just enjoy the show and not be a fan of any character in particular. :) Until then, there will be people who will be annoyed by you being Stan's knight in shining armor.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 3:25 am Offline
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 pm105Fairfax, VA
I got a kick out of the fact that in an episode focusing so heavily on fellatio and Broadway musicals, there were no gay jokes at ALL, and B'way is actually a heterosexual-male conspiracy! I really think, though, that they should have had Elton John in a "This Gun Loaded for Beaver" T-shirt, with an arrow pointing to his crotch... :D

Also, I totally want to give Trey a hummer for the little detail that the "Anything Goes" show Randy and Sharon saw was, apparently, the 1980s version with red-haired Patti LuPone in the lead role. ('Cause LuPone's performance was pretty f*cking epic.)
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 3:41 am Offline
Big-Will wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:

Someday you'll just enjoy the show and not be a fan of any character in particular. :) Until then, there will be people who will be annoyed by you being Stan's knight in shining armor.

But I already enjoy the show for what it is. And M&T in general. I love their sense of humor outside SP.

I don't see the fun in loving a show if one character doesn't stand out above the rest. We all have favs... :) I just get really excited about things I like; unfortunately it makes me come off as some crazy fangirl. But it could be worse- I'm not one of those fans who find the boys hot or swoon over their 'metro sexual' selves. That's just weird... :/

Sorry if I do go omg about Stan but, it's just how I get about things I like. :roll:

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 9:25 am Offline
Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:08 pm5
Stanluv25 i am also an huge Stan fan, i would love to see another Stan episode this season. I hate randy eps and this one just plane sucked ass i rated it 2/10. I hope before the end of the season we get 1 Kenny episode since Kenny not even talked much this season, and an ep about mint berry crunch and his home planet etc, and 1 about Stan.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 10:34 am Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Brendle wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:

Great post, always nice to see you putting others down over totally subjective matters as usual. You're a real champ.

Nobody's putting anyone down, and nothing here is subjective.

Throbert McGee wrote:
Cause LuPone's performance was pretty f*cking epic.

I love you.

Quote:
I have to stick up for the lesser crowd.

Oh god, are you some kind of SP hipster?
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 10:51 am Offline
^ lol nope, just part of the minority when it comes to SP. Who my fav character is, what my fav ship is, it's all good :wink:

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 11:40 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I like Stan also, he's usually the voice of reason in the SP world,...usually. I just wish M&T could do a few more episodes per year and feature more of the kids we don't see as often. But they do what they can do. Still aside from Randy and Sharon, which was pretty funny, I liked how Shelly got included in this episode. ....maybe she'll find true love someday, (and the kid will actually live past one episode...lol ) :P
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 4:08 pm Offline
My friend said as soon as he saw Larry take off his life jacket he knew he was going to die. lol, did anyone else think that?? I didn't see it coming :lol:

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 4:41 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
^ I knew that kid was a gonner as soon as he started taking off the lifejacket. LOL Like the red shirts in Star Trek, it was only a matter of time :P
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 5:15 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Randy ...wasn't annoying as hell in this. He refrained from ear piercing screams for once :)

Quote:
Like the red shirts in Star Trek, it was only a matter of time

Haven't seen a star trek reference in SP for a good few seasons ._.

I'm happy to see Trey back on the microphone
Only got 1 real laugh from me but it was enough

Not usually a fan of episodes that ignore most of the major characters or focus too much on a 'new' person brought in just for the episode though - they could have done this with only existing characters. Good to see Shelly back even if she didn't do much, a softer side too.

The first shows where they just yelled BJ went on too long and it seemed like there was only 1 real joke in this (broadway is hooters) but they did variations on that 1 joke more than they sometimes do. Not the best episode by far, but pretty good.

The hooters parody was out of nowhere, which i like about parodies, and they did a film we know is a cultural icon because people remember it 20 years on, always good to see them doing that rather than picking on new films no one will remember next year.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 7:06 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Brendle wrote:

I'm not putting her down. I like Stanluv25. Well, for the most part. Her positivity and her obsession with Stan is cool, but her hating Mexicans isn't cool. And I just don't understand where she's coming from when she criticizes Randy.

She says he is a dick. Well, of course he is. That's where the humor comes from. He's a self-centered, stupid, ignorant jerk. Whenever M&T want to make fun of a certain point of view or philosophy, they make Randy have it.

He isn't a very good father, certainly not a very good husband, but...I like him. He's likeable. His heart's in the right place. He means well.

If Randy wasn't likeable at his core, nobody would find him funny. Same goes for Homer Simpson, and all the buffoons in comedy. Cartman used to be likeable...but now he's just a cold-blooded murderer.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Sort by  
Page 10 of 13 188 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next