Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 13 188 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 2:49 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
triplemultiplex wrote:
I'd like to see this again so I can pay better attention to Larry's dad's rant of bullsh*t at Shelly about eating meat. From what I could hear, he was making some ridiculous claim that every time you're sick, it's because of meat and there's more fecal matter in a butcher shop sink than a toilet. Both of those are demonstrably false. Whatever reasons one might have for choosing a vegan lifestyle, the one's Larry's dad was going off on were not good ones.

The actual comment is "You know that when you think you have the flu, you're actually experiencing the gastrointestinal effects of contaminated meats or eggs? Researchers have found that in meat-eating households there is more fecal bacteria in the kitchen sinks than in the toilets."

(I think that's true whether you're vegan or not - you don't usually reach inside the toilet bowl unless it needs to be cleaned, but you touch everything in the kitchen sink to clean it and such at least once a day.)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 2:50 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
Dude, poor vegan kid :lol: That was kinda harsh, lol.
Otherwise a really hillarious episode, best moments - BroDown and the SpiderMan sh*t, that was totally 10/10. That 'Song to Shelly' was pretty sweet and funny too. :D Overall there were a lot of cool moments in this one.
INSTANT CLASSIC

btw. take a look at season 1/2 Elton John and then compare it to how he looks in this episode :lol:
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I know I haven't said it yet, and a few others have, but I can't believe they killed the kid off. Gaw, and that was so stupid too. Give poor Shelley a break!

I can usually tell from an ep what the @southpark twitter icon will be, but this time I'm stumped.

Oh dammit, I just realized that we're past the halfway mark for this run, and I have yet to crack open and snack on a bag of Cheezy Poofs during the first airing.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 3:57 am Offline
Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 am600Hell >:D
AngusMcTavish wrote:
BRMBug wrote:
Why is SpiderRandy hanging by his ankle in the middle of the theater the funniest thing on earth? :lol: I'm still laughing at it, and that was like 5 minutes ago.

I liked that, too! The way they made him hang there and spin around a bit, almost 3-D-like, that was funny!

Sometimes, a scheme by Randy tends to get a little bit, shall we say, overboard. His bit in "TMI" was a bit much, but even though that was also the case here, it seemed to get funnier as the story climaxed.

(No pun intended.)

I liked Larry finding ways to thank Shelley for sticking up for him, the serenade was the BEST!

One of Randy's better moments, I'd say. 7.5/10

Sorry to butt in or anything, but that wasn't something they made up, exactly-it was a spoof, in one of the Spiderman musicals, the actor playing Spiderman got tangled in the ropes and ended up hanging by his ankle ^^'.

(I only know this since I visit ThatGuyWithTheGlasses....just thought I'd share with you guys, since you seem curious.)

Short, sweet and on-topic-I really liked this episode, it did lack the kids, which at first I thought might've been a problem...but I have to say it was one of the most refreshing this season, don't get me wrong-in my opinion, pretty much all of the recent episodes were really good-but it didn't provoke emotions in me, I just sat back and laughed :) Which is something I think everyone needs once in a while.

(With the Stan saga, I felt so bad for him, it was just different-still very good, but that's a comment meant for another threat.)

There ya go, looking forward to next week ^^.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 4:02 am Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
I thought it was hilarious at the end when the kid died.

"Police thought it was unfortunate that the kid wasn't wearing a life preserver".

:lol:
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 4:05 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
CherrehCola wrote:
Sorry to butt in or anything, but that wasn't something they made up, exactly-it was a spoof, in one of the Spiderman musicals, the actor playing Spiderman got tangled in the ropes and ended up hanging by his ankle ^^'.

Oh, I know. As soon as I saw randy break the window of the costume shop, I knew what he was going to do, and where they were going to next. I expected Randy tangled up in a "web" of wires and crap though, not dangling by a single rope from his ankle. :lol: Just the way they played it out; complete silence in teh theater was perfect too.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 4:10 am Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
I just though about an excuse for Kyle's complete absence: Maybe Kyle doesn't swim much anymore now that he knows mostly everyone pees in the pool, so he didn't join his friends and they went without him.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 4:20 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Hydroleaf wrote:
I just though about an excuse for Kyle's complete absence: Maybe Kyle doesn't swim much anymore now that he knows mostly everyone pees in the pool, so he didn't join his friends and they went without him.

I don`t recall seeing Butters in the queue neither maybe they were both right at the back.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 4:38 am Offline
Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 am600Hell >:D
BRMBug wrote:
CherrehCola wrote:

Oh, I know. As soon as I saw randy break the window of the costume shop, I knew what he was going to do, and where they were going to next. I expected Randy tangled up in a "web" of wires and crap though, not dangling by a single rope from his ankle. :lol: Just the way they played it out; complete silence in teh theater was perfect too.

Honestly? I expected the "one single clap" :)

Ah, good then, someone else knows the story. Sankyouu ^^ sorry again.
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 4:40 am Offline
Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:05 pm1
the episode is pretty good. that queer should had wore a life jacket at the end before he died. or he could have swam. Oh well, thats what happens when you attempt to change blondes and if your father stops your date at a broadway musical. thank god my parents are divorced and i could swim. anyway NICE f*cking EPISODE!! i wanna see what yall got next week...... :?
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
"You make me come out of my shell, Shelly,
you give me strenght where there was only fear,
I ate at a Burger King today, Shelly,
and stood up to a boy who called me queer,
when you pushed me off the diving board I fell
and you make the world a nicer place, Shelly,
so I can come out of my shell."

Dude srsly killing that kid off was so terribly wrong and it makes sad :cry: But I have to laugh my ass off at it at the same time :lol:
THIS WAS JUST SO WRONG! :lol:
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 5:02 am Offline
Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:48 am2
The vegan kid singing was classic!!! M&T... you guys!!!

"Yoooou make me come out of my shell... Shelly..." aargh so cute!

moral of the episode:
All you need is vegetables... and a life vest.

LOLOLOLOL :lol:
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 5:17 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
The kid dying from drowning was a perfect example of Trey Parker's twisted sense of humor.

A gimmick that seems, on the surface, to be completely silly, trivial and insignificant (family wearing lifejackets all the time), turns out to be VERY significant and important. The same type of absurdist humor is used in the episode last season where Mintberry Crunch's seemingly ridiculous superhero gimmick turns out to be true, and he actually IS a superhero with the power of mint and berries :lol:
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 6:29 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
It was sad but i had to laugh when i heard the kid had died from drowning. :lol:
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1511: Broadway Bro Down* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 27, 2011 6:54 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
Loved it! I was so not expecting that storyline... so hilarious! It was fun picking out Bobby Lopez's voice too :D

I "awed" at Larry and Shelly big time! So adorable!

And of course Randy did not disappoint... as usual for me :lol: The Spiderman thing was genius!

And the advertisment for The Book of Mormon (you'll get a blowjob) hahaha nice!

Sort by  
Page 5 of 13 188 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next