Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 2 of 5 73 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 30, 2011 11:37 pm Offline
Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:31 pm94
Looks like it's "Everyone vs Cartman". I wonder how Cartman is be in this episode. If he does plot revenge, how will he get back at everyone in this episode?

Where is Kyle? Hope Stan has a big part in this. Glad to see that Wendy is in this episode. Hope she has more of a role in this.
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 30, 2011 11:49 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Yet another Wendy appearance! So great to see that she's finally getting her dues again this run. As a Wendy fan, I'm actually starting to feel a bit spoiled... :wink:

Haha, Cartman screws over the rest of his school by his failure to properly maintain his fitness, just like how greedy Wall Street fat cats screwed over the rest of America by their failure to properly maintain the economy. The only way the comparison can be any more accurate is if he somehow bails himself out of the punishment.

Not to mention that Cartman's self-absorbed personality is a perfect caricature of the Wall Street fat cats... :cartmanevillaugh: :cartmancry:

After a 1-week break with Broadway Bro Down (it has its good parts, but it's just not my type of episode), I'm ready for another great episode of 1509/1510 caliber!

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 12:29 am Offline
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm562
Cartman as the one percent? Well, makes sense.

Wonder how they will pull off their "CNN" fairness in this episode. I am sure it will involve hippies co-opting the movement, and a "I learned something today" bit at the end where they talk about Wall St. being greedy, and the protesters being "crunchy". Like always.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 5:05 am Offline
Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:37 pm845Texas
Barack_Obama wrote:
Cartman as the one percent? Well, makes sense.

Wonder how they will pull off their "CNN" fairness in this episode. I am sure it will involve hippies co-opting the movement, and a "I learned something today" bit at the end where they talk about Wall St. being greedy, and the protesters being "crunchy". Like always.

It can get really frustrating sometimes when they dance down the middle every time. However, it would be disingenuous to take the side of the protesters because, oops, they are part of the 1% and it would be equally maddening for them to say "Hey guys, let's take it easy on the ultra rich, okay?" This is one where taking a certain side would be damned if you do, but seeing as how royally the general public was screwed, showing any kind of sympathy for the haves would be insulting.

On the other hand, adding the over weight element is genius. For all we know it could be all about that (considering the title, I doubt it). Symptoms of Heart disease and Type II Diabetes are showing up in young kids when normally it doesn't show up well into your 40s. Could be interesting....

I liked the Broadway episode. Especially because I had a similar argument with my boyfriend about going to see West Side Story with me. If he had taken me who knows....but he didn't. Dick.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Thank god! Wendy has a speaking role.

This episode looks amazing. Maybe we'll catch a Fullmetal Jacket reference? (Soap bars in a pillow case or something?)
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 7:24 am Offline
Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 am6
I have a bad feeling about this one. I am thinking in a theory, but better keep it for myself :shock: :roll:

Anyways, the title sounds interesting, I don't know how can end this one, I hope it gets attention of the other kids too. I don't want to see another full-cartman episode.
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 11:40 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Barack_Obama wrote:
Wonder how they will pull off their "CNN" fairness in this episode.

I wonder if we'll get another Aging Liberal Hippie Douche vs ...crap. Now I can't remember who it was he squared off against, nor what episode it was. (Stupid search bar can't find anything.)
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 11:50 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
What, Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 11:53 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Stoked to see Wendy speak in the preview clip. I hope she backs that up with a prominent role on Wednesday. Hope to see at least Bebe and Red get a line in this one, 1513, and/or 1514. I really do wish Wendy would become a main character, but the chances of that happening are quite faint.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 12:02 pm Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
Poor Cartman. This episode has potential to be GREAT!! I hope Kenny and Butters will have more airtime. If not this ep, then at least in the final two shows of S15.
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 12:15 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Big-Will wrote:
What, Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich?

That's what I was thinking, but there's apparently no clip of Liberal Hippie Douche vs. whoever, so I couldn't be sure. (don't quite feel like trying to watch the whole ep to "fact check" myself at the moment)
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 12:19 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
Bleagh, I have really low expectations for this one.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 12:38 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
BRMBug wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:
Wonder how they will pull off their "CNN" fairness in this episode.

I wonder if we'll get another Aging Liberal Hippie Douche vs ...crap. Now I can't remember who it was he squared off against, nor what episode it was. (Stupid search bar can't find anything.)

No, he's thinking of "Goobacks" when an Aging Liberal Hippie Douche is against some redneck fighting over the future immigrants.

I don't have very high expectations for this one. Seems like a lot of Cartman episodes. Hope they beat the crap out of Cartman though!
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
^^^

"Pissed Off, White Trash, Redneck Conservative" is the one you all speak of.

Using the President's Physical Fitness Test seems like a pretty genius way to comment on the Occupy protests and still have a story about the kids. That's always the line they've got to walk when dealing with current events. Too often they have to rely on 3 minutes worth of TV news segments in order to move the story forward. The less they have to cut to TV-reporter-who-used-to-have-a-funny-name-but-doesn't-anymore, the better for the episode. So if they keep it in South Park, this could be really good.

More superficially, I just love the idea that Cartman is such a fatass that he single-handedly causes the entire school to fail the President's Physical Fitness Test. Now that's a good fat joke.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1512: 1%* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 31, 2011 1:54 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
Since its Cartman .vs everyone else, and Wendy has a speaking role. I wonder if Wendy will beat the crap out of Cartman by herself again, or let other kids join in the fun. Poor Eric.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 2 of 5 73 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next