Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 9 128 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 06, 2011 7:23 am Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
Yep! Big changes are a comin, and the boys will be in 5th grade! I'm sure it will bring as much change as it did when they transitioned from 3rd to 4th grade! :lol:
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 06, 2011 10:04 am Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm28
Why do I feel like this "Vote for your favorite Kenny death" thing is leading up to... another Kenny death? I think that the last eppy of season 15 is gonna have Kenny die in it. :zombiekenny: <3

Stanluv25 wrote:
Well I can assure you I care very deeply about the show overall and the people who are a part of it. And so what if I like to write fanfics? It's a hobby and it's fun. :cartmansmirk:

SOUTHPARK FANFICS FTW!!!!
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 06, 2011 12:04 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Now now, we don't know if the class will move on to fifth grade, but there are things happening now that weren't happening two years ago that have some of us excited at the prospect.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 06, 2011 2:38 pm Offline
Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:58 pm92
Let's just make sure they never enter middle school.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 06, 2011 3:16 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
I want to bring up that this thread is solely about 1%, as the last 2 pages have had nothing except speculation asking if the kids are moving onto fifth grade. If you want to make a fifth grade speculation thread (I may start one myself for the sake of somewhat cleaning this thread up, although I did contribute to this) then go post there. Thank you.

P.S. Just one more off-topic word just because I made this post: I agree the kids shouldn't go past fifth grade. (The approximate formula (give or take) is 1 SP month=1 Real life year.) so it would take about 10 years (providing they go along with it) to get them to 6th grade. And I sadly don't think SP will go past the Season 16 and 17 the signed for.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 06, 2011 5:56 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
Big-Will wrote:
Wiles9000 wrote:
Cartman plot here reminds me of the Anthony Hopkins movie Magic about multiple personality disorder and murder and ventriloquism. Is there a reference to this :?: :D

Consider your post the reference. I've heard Silence of the Lambs and Fatal Attraction mentioned as well.

Yeah, I get the Fatal Attraction reference, but apparently not the Silence of the Lambs one. :?:
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
I think that "say hello to the sunrise" thing is a paraphrase from The Lady from Shanghai, which also has a line that goes something like, "killing you would be the same as killing myself." Seems like an apt reference.

I also find it interesting that a tripwire-triggered death appeared in South Park and Dexter at almost the same time. It was rigged differently, but I wonder if the writers are Dexter fans?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 07, 2011 10:43 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
NeuroHeart wrote:
I think that "say hello to the sunrise" thing is a paraphrase from The Lady from Shanghai, which also has a line that goes something like, "killing you would be the same as killing myself." Seems like an apt reference.

I also find it interesting that a tripwire-triggered death appeared in South Park and Dexter at almost the same time. It was rigged differently, but I wonder if the writers are Dexter fans?

Its possable they are Dexter fans, but the tripwire-triggered death device has appeared alot of times in alot of movies/tv shows. Usually its designed to kill both the recuser and rescusee though.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 08, 2011 6:16 am Offline
Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:01 am1
I loved seeing Cartman playing with his stuffed animals one more time. They sent them off in pure Cartman style. Great episode.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 11, 2011 12:36 am Offline
Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:28 am2
nwt000 wrote:
Anyone by chance have a screencap of the crowd of kids at Clyde Frog's funeral?

I have a couple. If you want to e-mail me I will send them.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 11, 2011 12:54 am Offline
Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:28 am2
AmyElizzabeth wrote:
Am I the only one who found the whole deal with Cartman and his stuffed animals disturbing? It kind of freaked me out. What I got from it was after Clyde told him to grow up, and after he read in his moms diary that it was time for him to get rid of his stuffed animals, he went crazy. In a way. What I don't understand is how the panda got on fire if he was asleep..or how Clyde Frog was crucified if it ended up not really being anyone..now I'm all confused.

Sadly, I laughed when Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Token were staring at Cartman having a revelation with his doll. But with that aside..who killed all his stuffed animals?

It was a metaphor to show that Cartman is starting to mature and has lost some of his childhood. I would assume the allusion is that Cartman did it himself, as Polly Prissy Pants couldn't have done it herself (as she is a doll). It makes sense as well, seeing as how Cartman is able in many episodes to be completely delusional and even do things and convince himself that he didn't. Yes, he appeared to be asleep when his panda caught fire, but he totally could have started the fire in his despair after reading his mother's diary and laid down (not realizing that he did it) until the fire got his attention.

I don't know, maybe I'm reading too far into it, or not far enough? That's just what I got out of it :/
weird PostThu Mar 22, 2012 5:50 pm Offline
Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:29 pm0
isnt weird that he had a forg named clyde and they have a clyde in their class??
PostSat Apr 14, 2012 7:41 pm Offline
Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:49 pm0
This was surprisingly dramic to just be about his stuffed animals...and very funny
PostThu Apr 19, 2012 10:32 am Offline
Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:46 am0
Nice
Wished Cartman dead. PostSat Jun 23, 2012 11:10 am Offline
Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:39 am1
I wished Cartman burned with the the rest of his toys.

Sort by  
Page 8 of 9 128 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next