Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 9 128 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 7:55 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I never thought I'd see charactor developement to such a degree in one episode, Great job. Suddenly Cartman is more than just the fat-assed jerk who causes trouble. He's become a deep and complex personality. I can only wonder how M&T will move his charactor forward from here.

Other thoughts now;

Nice to see alot of the kids shown together in groups again. The funeral was great, loved Cartman's song. Craig seems to be getting more lines here and there lately. Liked the pairing of Jimmy and Butters, showing Butters can work with anyone. Nice to see the 5th graders because it shows M&T could move the 4th grade kids to 5th if they wanted to. And the only changes, if any, would be to increase their body height alittle. Well I'm sure I'll think of more tomarrow.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 8:02 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
The early tags mislead me to believe Wendy was going to have a huge role in this one. Oh well, here's a poster for my #SPGirlsFTW campaign:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2796/w ... e4thgr.png
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Last edited by nwt000 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 8:16 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Best Cartman episode in years, honestly. I've grown to hate Cartman's portrayal in recent years based on, well, how much of an assh*le he is, but this episode showed that deep down Cartman isn't COMPLETELY selfish. And that little bit of human is what keeps Cartman a complex and interesting character.

I was really glad it turned out not to be the Fifth Graders - it was a great curveball. A little sad to see it looks like the Sixth Graders, aka the Classic Fifth Graders, are done, but still was fun. I actually thought the villain would be Scott Tenorman. Polly Prissy Pants was a great twist ending, but the motives could've used more explanation. I also enjoyed seeing Token get a little spotlight. He needed it.

The whole Occupy spoof was interesting - it was a bit fun, especially the police part of the story, but I felt it boggled down the story a bit. The lesson regarding the police bit was good but what I loved even more is they satirized the police and media presence without jumping straight to "the police are mean and overpowered and hurting poor innocent people" - the Michael Moore bit was a bit odd.

@newt000: Don't hold your breath. Trey and Matt never bend to fan will unless the network feels threatened enough to make them bend, sadly.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 8:20 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
JVM wrote:
@nwt000: Don't hold your breath. Trey and Matt never bend to fan will unless the network feels threatened enough to make them bend, sadly.

I'm still going to try though, I have the will to at least create a little buzz.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 8:24 pm Offline
nwt000 wrote:
JVM wrote:
@nwt000: Don't hold your breath. Trey and Matt never bend to fan will unless the network feels threatened enough to make them bend, sadly.

I'm still going to try though, I have the will to at least create a little buzz.

Good luck.

I will say shorten your name, it could be very beneficial. Maybe just #SPGirlsFTW or something? The adult females don't do much either.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 8:32 pm Offline
Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 pm175in a small dark egg carton
I've backed the ows thing majorly from the beginning. Go ahead and hate on me. Call me a liberal. A hippie. I don't really car I'm not here to argue.

However, I guess I'm the world biggest puss because I think I was almost crying when Clyde frog and Peter panda died. When PPP dropped the say hello to the sunrise line . I latterly shed a tear. Have no clue why though. I'm not really an emotional person.

And on last thing to nwt000 . No offense to you but I've always sorta been annoyed with your obsession with the minor characters. However I'm with you that it would be pretty extreamly cool to see the girls in a episode for once.
Because the list was so perfect it would have to include at least one boy, that way to play on the differences between girls and boys at this age.

O and more Clyde. I've developed a disease and the only cure is more Clyde
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 8:33 pm Offline
JVM wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
JVM wrote:

Good luck.

I will say shorten your name, it could be very beneficial. Maybe just #SPGirlsFTW or something? The adult females don't do much either.

I will go with #SPGirlsFTW from now on.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 8:40 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Not enough Wendy or Kyle or Stan. But, we did get to see Cartman's psychological state at it's finest, that alone deserves an A+. He's crazy as hell.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 8:55 pm Offline
Anyone by chance have a screencap of the crowd of kids at Clyde Frog's funeral?
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 8:59 pm Offline
Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:58 am5
Am I the only one who found the whole deal with Cartman and his stuffed animals disturbing? It kind of freaked me out. What I got from it was after Clyde told him to grow up, and after he read in his moms diary that it was time for him to get rid of his stuffed animals, he went crazy. In a way. What I don't understand is how the panda got on fire if he was asleep..or how Clyde Frog was crucified if it ended up not really being anyone..now I'm all confused.

Sadly, I laughed when Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Token were staring at Cartman having a revelation with his doll. But with that aside..who killed all his stuffed animals?
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:01 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Nice call back to T.M.I with Butters still talking about skeletor :lol: the Butters and Jimmy double act was a nice change to see them interact, don`t see much of that "how do you murder a stuffed animal made me chuckle i was surprised to see the boys at the funeral but they only turned up because they thought they were getting $5. :)

Cartman really can`t get more f*cked up can he? but i always found polly prissy pants a liitle sinister. Occupied rest room made me choke on my cuppa, another great episode from 15b really am like this 2nd half of the season only 2 more to go :(
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Last edited by James--76 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:04 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
nwt000 wrote:
Anyone by chance have a screencap of the crowd of kids at Clyde Frog's funeral?

Not yet. If a torrenter doesn't come through, you might have to wait until after 12am to get a cap off of the player.

AmyElizzabeth wrote:
Am I the only one who found the whole deal with Cartman and his stuffed animals disturbing? It kind of freaked me out. What I got from it was after Clyde told him to grow up, and after he read in his moms diary that it was time for him to get rid of his stuffed animals, he went crazy. In a way. What I don't understand is how the panda got on fire if he was asleep..or how Clyde Frog was crucified if it ended up not really being anyone..now I'm all confused.

Sadly, I laughed when Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Token were staring at Cartman having a revelation with his doll. But with that aside..who killed all his stuffed animals?

-Not by Cartman standards.
-Idk how they all got maimed either. But you remember what happened when Mr. Hat disappeared, right? Hell, he even broke Garrison and Chef out of prision!
-erm... Jimbo? Ned? Gerald? The 1989 Denver Broncos? The dam?
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:09 pm Offline
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:01 pm1
The 83% scene was the best scene so far this season that I can remember. Made the episode for me; the rest was decent. That scene still has me laughing great stuff.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:09 pm Offline
Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:58 am5
I still think that making your doll be in love with you, then shooting it to death while your friends, mother and classmates parents watched and then breaking down crying afterward was a little crazy.
Of anything, I felt bad for him.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:12 pm Offline
John's Random Observations:
- Mr. Adler must really have some kind of special role in the school hierarchy.
- Kenny did have a gym outfit in the press photos, although it's hard to notice him.
- Leroy, who's seldom been seen since Season 11, is among the kids in the gym. Bill, Fosse, Dogpoo and Brimmy/Blue Cap is also visible.
- Butters is still obsessing over the Arnie sex scandal. Interesting callback to "T. M. I." there.
- Craig and Jason no longer sit with the boys at lunch. In fact, this is the first time it's been three on each side; usually it's four or five per side.
- The dialogue in the Basement Tea Party scene is borrowed a bit from the deleted "201" scene.
- They continue to say there are two protestors after a hippie and someone in a costume appear. And disappear, after which Michael Moore is briefly added.
- Why's there an 'Occupied' sign when, as Butters leaves, we see it's a standard public restroom with several stalls? (Just for the joke.)
- The Fourth Grade makes up 17% of South Park Elementary; this may seem like a big portion, but it is an elementary school going up to the sixth grade at least, and we've seen (and verbally confirmed in "Bass to Mouth") there's more than one classroom. This also explains where Bill, Fosse, etc. have gone.
- Token's Parents have joined the updated character designs club. I noticed Bob/Steve's update in the previous episode though.
- Although Cartman's identities are heavily explored, there is no indication or mention of Mitch Connor. Guess Polly Prissy Pants never met him.
- The ending theme of Cartman needing to grow up is very reminiscent of "You're Getting Old"; seems all four of the boys need to grow up.

Well, that sure was fun.

Edit: And some people beat me to it. Ah well.

While I'm at it

Quote:
But with that aside..who killed all his stuffed animals?

Crab People.

It's South Park. It's an extremely common occurrence for puppets, toys, etc. to come to life.

Quote:
I still think that making your doll be in love with you, then shooting it to death while your friends, mother and classmates parents watched and then breaking down crying afterward was a little crazy.

Cartman was never sane to begin with. He's exhibited pretty strong signs of dissociative identity disorder before, most notably until now with Mitch Connor. Not to mention he's proven himself multiple times to be a Grade-A psychopath who cares for nothing but himself - and apparently, extensions of his own personality.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 9 128 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next