Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 9 128 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:13 pm Offline
Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:48 pm27
Yawn. It started out good. The Fatal Attraction and Silence of the Lambs scenes were cool ("cool" pronounced the way Cartman does).

I think the show is probably losing fans quickly. It used to be a funny show, plain and simple. It was genius how they incorporated current topics into a genuine laugh out loud, hilarious show. It's been pretty stale for a while now, with an occasional funny episode. In the last few years it's gone from being a funny show which incorporated current events to just being a show about current events - no humor.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:20 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
salamander wrote:
Yawn. It started out good. The Fatal Attraction and Silence of the Lambs scenes were cool ("cool" pronounced the way Cartman does).

I think the show is probably losing fans quickly. It used to be a funny show, plain and simple. It was genius how they incorporated current topics into a genuine laugh out loud, hilarious show. It's been pretty stale for a while now, with an occasional funny episode. In the last few years it's gone from being a funny show which incorporated current events to just being a show about current events - no humor.

When would you say this decline began? Specific as possible please.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:26 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Best episode in a long while, laughed my head off even at the potty jokes and it was character focused how I always advocate.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:32 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
That...was messed up...

Just as it should be. :lol:
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Ah! Finally got to hear the last lines. Macaroni Grill. :roll:
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:43 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
byte19 wrote:
so... what on earth was it based off from? Identity? hee-larious episode tho... :lol:

Certainly feels like it. But then there has to be one stuffed animal left alive that still controls his mind and makes him do crazy things. Which one could it be?
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:49 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
Clearly something is up in the last two years involving age.

- Kenny Can't DIE! In fact, I believe that after the 'deaths' in the Coon saga, that very well might be it for his so-called deaths :(

- Stan is dealing with well, life's troubles. His parents are problematic, and he just doesn't see things as much as the other students (even the episode with Slash...he knew he was make believe).

- Cartman will always be Cartman, but again he has now lost his childhood. I sense that we will see him 'grow up' a little bit more in episodes to come...even though he will always be self-centered manipulative, and cruel Eric Cartman :P

So that leaves me with Kyle. My prediction is that this year's season finale will give us hindsight into how his life will change in the months/years ahead.

Which also leaves me to another thing. This show almost now MUST move the children to the 5th grade. It's time. We now have introduced a new 'rival' with the 5th graders (will become 6th graders) and I feel like it will be a good segment as after 6th grade, they move on to middle school.

So to put this all in hindsight. South Park is "Growing up!" and we must allow the show to evolve with that.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 9:58 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I think we're going to see more Kenny - there's still two seasons left, and with an immortal on the show, well I'm sure Trey and Matt will find some moment to kill him. Sure he's surviving - and may totally survive - Season 15, but he also survived Seasons 10 and 12, and even so Season 15's alluded to his deaths, something Season 10 did not.

I've heard so much fifth grade speculation but I don't see it happening until the series is meeting it's end - keep in mind the kid's haven't aged physically, but we've seen fifth and sixth graders and they haven't reached those sizes yet. To move them up would require either a complex explanation for a pandemic of stunted growth, or completely changing each character's iconic design - unless they did it for just a special, or the finale.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 10:06 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Glad to see fifth grade body shapes; could be an opening for the fourth grade class to be promoted next season :)

Loved that splinter movement of the 99%'ers moving to the bathroom; but the movement lasted only 30 minutes then the splinter movement joined the rest of the protesters; or something like that! There were so many funny little sub-sub plots like that in tonight's episode. I enjoyed it.

I also want to mention the news reporter: as part of the 99%'ers himself, he asked the protesters to explain how he (the reporter) felt on the issue :lol:

And of course the police needed entertainment set up just for them :mrgreen:

As it wasn't the typical one main plot on current events and perhaps a "B" plot, and instead showed several small sub-plots (based of course on protests groups all over the country now which started on Wall Street), this episode is kind of unique; for it's uniqueness and enjoyment value I will give it a rating of 10/10 because if I only gave it a 9.5/10 I would be saying they could have done a little bit more. I don't think they could have done anything more, so I'll stick with 10/10.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 10:31 pm Offline
Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 pm50
meh :santa:
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 10:46 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Episode is online, as are some new wallpapers.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 10:56 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Oh cool! To the downloads page! *woosh*
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
it was really funny 9/10. i felt so bad on how cartman lost all of his toys. it was cute to see him hold a funeral for clyde frog. so it was polly prissy pants that did that. it is too bad that he had to kill her. i guess we won't be seeing his stuffies anymore :( but im glad token and cartman had a little screen time and his parents with cartman's parents we hardly see them together. it was funny to see butters and jimmy try to beat up the 5th graders when they were protesting. i hope 1513 is good as this one.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 11:21 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
nwt000 wrote:
8.4/10 A pretty solid episode, hilarious protests.
I am starting the #SPGirlsFTW Movement on Twitter and Facebook to get the 4th grade girls their own episode this season. They really deserve more attention and can add a whole new awesome spin on the show.

Ahahahaha, give it up. It's not happening. Two more episodes left. You want the girls to have their own episode, you make it yourself.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 11:22 pm Offline
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 pm84
That was a delve into Eric's psyche. Poor Clyde.. and the whole group of toys, always liked Eric's toys. Never would have guessed it was Polly. To bad killing the toys was the only way to grow up, at least it was done with flair. Got to love those percents.

RIP: Clyde, Peter, Rumpertumskin and Polly
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
Last edited by SajiNoKami on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 9 128 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next