Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 9 128 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 11:44 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
nwt000 wrote:
Anyone by chance have a screencap of the crowd of kids at Clyde Frog's funeral?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I downloaded the episode, but this shot comes from the online stream.

Bebe knows what to do when she has to attend a funeral no one wants to attend. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 11:53 pm Offline
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 am12
Finally, some Kenny! Not much, but enough to stop me from being so damnned upset about his absence. He even got a line!

I did like the ending. I'm not a Cartman fan and I hate ep's centered around him. But the fucked-up twists are where Cartman shines.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 02, 2011 11:56 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
thanks for doing that. i like that scene too! but i loved when they copied fatal attraction and made Micheal Moore look so fat and ugly. did anyone else overheard bon jovi? too bad we did not see them.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 12:02 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Bon Jovi here is one police officer, but no, we didn't see him. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 12:07 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Well wasn't what I was expecting. It was funny to see Cartman's dolls 'die' and the funeral he held for Clyde Frog but hm... the whole 99% thing grew a bit stale after a while but it got funny again when the 5th graders fought with Butters and Jimmy.

Liked the idea of Polly Prissypants killing the dolls, I think, lol. It was funny to see the boys looking down at Cartman like 'wtf???' :lol: But I don't think Cartman had to grow up really, at least not like this. I'm pretty sure plenty of kids at age 10 have stuffed animals and play with them when others aren't around. I still have my stuffed animals and I can recall kids my mom used to nanny for, they had stuffed animals galore as well. I'm sure Stan and Craig and the 5th graders and everyone have stuffed animals hidden somewhere. :wink: Nothing to be ashamed of, you're still kids.

With that I would have wanted to see more of the kids taking gym and the physical fitness tests in general. And wanted more boys, but don't want to complain about such things as it was nice they came through to protect Cartman in the end.

Overall I feel this may be my least fav of the run so far. I wanted it to be more. It felt like something was missing and unlike the others, I'm in no rush to see this again. Although I'm sure I will by next week's eppy.

7.5/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 12:36 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Wow...considering my high expectations for this episode, that was rather...disappointing.

This IMO is the most blatant example of M&T squeezing 2 episodes' worth of content into 1. The Cartman-&-his-dolls subplot was rushed at times and the Occupy subplot is little more than a bunch of news clippings once the protest began.

The Cartman subplot was well-written and hilarious at times. I was totally laughing at the gruesome deaths of his dolls and the over-elaborate Clyde Frog funeral. Man, what a mentally screwed-up kid. It would have been easy to come up with more content to make a full episode out of this subplot alone.

The Occupy subplot became weak once the soft characters of Butters and Jimmy became its standard-bearers. Add liberal-&-vocal Wendy to the duo and we would have gotten a legit Occupy protest group that could have interacted more with the cops/hippies/Michael Moore/reporters and moved the plot along without the need for the lame and choppy "news-clippings method".

Add a subplot of Cartman showing how morbidly unfit he is during the recess PE sessions while the other students bombard him with fat jokes and the PE teacher try in vain to slim him down, and that would have been enough content for an Episode 1513 (and a half-week break for M&T too!)

Overall, it's a 8.4 for the Cartman subplot and a 6.0 for the Occupy subplot, giving us a 7.2/10 average. Break the two subplots into independent episodes and we could have wound up with two 8+/10 episodes instead... :(

Regarding M&T's view on the Occupy movement, they appear to agree (or at least empathize) with the viewpoints of the protesters. It's the overreacting cops, drum circle hippies, Michael Moore & his liberal elite friends, and the media's hyped-up coverage that tick them off.

And poor Wendy...she only ended up with that one line...

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 12:47 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
We know Mr. Adler as the woodshop teacher, but what else is he? This is the second episode he's been in with the principal and the counselor. Was he promoted to vice-principal or something?
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 12:57 am Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
VACOOLA wrote:
byte19 wrote:
so... what on earth was it based off from? Identity? hee-larious episode tho... :lol:

Certainly feels like it. But then there has to be one stuffed animal left alive that still controls his mind and makes him do crazy things. Which one could it be?

Does Cartman still have Wellington Bear? Or they could just invent a new stuffie for Cartman. Muscleman Mark was new to me. We'll see...... :roll:
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 1:32 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 pm2
The episode was somewhat funny, but must admit I was disappointed.
I f*cking hate Cartman why couldn't they just let him suffer alone? He deserves it for being such and assh*le. Besides he brought it upon himself.
I'm glad his toys died. Maybe now we can see more of the other boys.
The class warfare had to be the best pun though and the funeral scene was way over the top.
I hope the last 2 episodes are much better then this.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 1:37 am Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
Big-Will wrote:
We know Mr. Adler as the woodshop teacher, but what else is he? This is the second episode he's been in with the principal and the counselor. Was he promoted to vice-principal or something?

I was wondering about that in Bass to Mouth... kind of a 'wtf is the woodshop teacher doing here?' moment. I figured it was just a random character revival and put it out of my mind, but now I have to wonder once again... what is up with that?

Overall the episode was pretty good. Not many big laughs but plenty of chuckles, especially with moments like the police briefing and the bathroom movement. Oh, and the 'black people can never get in trouble in this day and age' thing. There was plenty to like about it and nothing that I didn't really care for... although I do have to wonder about the stuffed animals getting massacred... Seems like more and more the creators are running themselves into a dead end by getting rid of essential elements of the show, but then they have been creative enough to keep things going without Chef. Actually, The Return of Chef is one of the episodes that made me laugh the most... maybe this one will become a classic with time as well.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 1:39 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
MoonBear70 wrote:
Does Cartman still have Wellington Bear? Or they could just invent a new stuffie for Cartman. Muscleman Mark was new to me. We'll see...... :roll:

You can see Wellington Bear all broken up in Cartman's room during his frenzied search for Clyde Frog.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 3:36 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
"Eric... stay cooool"
I really loved this episode :lol: The whole A story concept of Cartman wanting to grow up, so he had to get rid of all his toys... and how does Eric Cartman get rid of someone?? ELABORATE MURDER! :twisted: :lol:
I also felt like it was a dib to the oldschool B horror/detective movies (especially the last part - guy running through a mansion and finding his dead friends... and he's like "Oh who is the killer? It has to be one of you guys!"... I've seen hundred movies like this). It also reminded me off Hercule Poirot for some reason. :lol:
The protests B story... to be honest I didn't even know about the protests until someone mentioned it on this forum :) (I'm not American, so I kinda... don't care :D ) but it was still pretty funny for me. Butters occupying the men's room sure was a pretty decent sized movement! And that dancing guy with an anonymous mask made me burst in laughter. :lol:
Also, could you please use a different terminology? :D

Rly cool episode, I'd give it 9/10. My most favorite show of the second run so far.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 3:44 am Offline
Sat May 07, 2011 1:42 am2
Not funny. Not clever. It's just an absurd premise to say that Obama isn't criticized, let alone because he's black. He's doing as piss poor a job as Bush, Clinton, Bush, Regan, Carter, etc have done and just like the rest of them, the other side that wants to pretend like there are 2 parties says they aren't being criticized and are messing everything up.

This whole occupy stuff is nonsense and there was a funny episode in there; but Parker missed badly and provided as little substance as the hippies beating a drum on wall street have.
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 4:01 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
tbx59 wrote:
Not funny. Not clever. It's just an absurd premise to say that Obama isn't criticized, let alone because he's black. He's doing as piss poor a job as Bush, Clinton, Bush, Regan, Carter, etc have done and just like the rest of them, the other side that wants to pretend like there are 2 parties says they aren't being criticized and are messing everything up.

The "Obama is not criticized, because he's black" and also "Token is uncapable of anything wrong, because he's black"... that's not M&T's statement. That's just Cartman being racist. He's based on Archie Bunker ffs :D
Also the whole protests plot was just a B story imho. Stop being a Michale Moore. :P
Re: *1512: 1%* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 03, 2011 5:05 am Offline
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:35 am5
It was a Cartman version of You're Getting Old. Butters did it in Bottom Beach. Kenny and Kyle are already quite grown up and serious, but maybe they'll get they versions, too. :timmy:

Sort by  
Page 4 of 9 128 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next