Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 3 of 4 52 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 12:49 pm Offline
Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:57 am2
looks like a reference to Thor
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 12:53 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Barack_Obama wrote:
As you said, it was the "Hitler Channel" about 5 years ago. Since then it has turned into swamp logging, pawn shops, auction depots, ice road trucking, 9/11 BS, and.... aliens...

EDIT:
Looking at their schedule...

Cookies? I want cookies!
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 12:58 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Hmmm, does the map on the preview look familiar?...

My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 2:36 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
I'm so glad they will be calling out my once favorite cable channels for their steady decline into reality shows, pseudo-science and mystery mongering. Some of those programs are just pathetic.
Let's spend an entire hour based on the radical assumption that these ancient, poetic descriptions of fly gods are totally super intelligent extra-terrestrials who showed humans how to build pyramids or whatever. It's the most absurd crap that to even give it a second thought, much less devote an entire show to it, is a gigantic insult to the millions of people who have spent their entire careers learning actual facts about past civilizations.

There's a reason this crap isn't "mainstream;" because it's bullshit.

Just from the preview clip, I'm already impressed with the quality of animation they produce for these non-typical episodes. Jeez man, that looks really sweet.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 2:43 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Hey, I just realized. They're in space. Starvin Marvin and the Marklar aren't the only ones with the potential to come back... I mean if we're talking about the Pilgrim's stuffing mines, perhaps we'll see some berry mines as well ;)
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 3:55 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
Big-Will wrote:

Yes, Asgard is a kingdom in the movie Thor. And I was unaware that History Channel was total crap, as 3 or 4 years ago it wasn't. And I love how SP is targeting those futuristic movies. I hate those.

This could be a great episode, but don't rush it like they did with 1%.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 5:24 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
Big-Will wrote:

Actually it looks more like the Kabbalah tree of understanding. I wonder if any of this will get play on the reality show "Earth". lol

(at least Cartman appears mostly sane after his ordeal in the last episode)
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 5:59 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Hm.... not quite sure what to make of this one. I'm generally not a fan of the sci-fi, alien episodes. I'm just not into that sort of thing in RL so it's hard to follow or care. Thanksgiving with aliens and whatnot is kinda crazy. The preview was, wow. I hope it is more about the boys than the crazy Thanksgiving stuff and the pilgrims and Indians. Cause I hardly care about that. I just want the boys working together to uncover the truth.

Also, not a fan of the other Thanksgiving episodes either and not rooting for a shot of Starvin Marvin. Wish they did a Halloween episode instead, or Christmas. But ah well, a holiday is a holiday.

One of those eppies I will just have to wait and see to know how I truly feel about it. But I hope the string of good episodes continues... :cartmannohat:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 6:34 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
Hopefully this episode will be heavy on the comedy and light on the drama.....I've seen enough of that this season.
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 7:03 pm Offline
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
Well there were really only two, okay 3 episodes that were high on the drama, if you count the stuffed animals. I dunno, i sort of like the drama, though i guess that kind of makes me laugh. I dunno. This one just better contain the kids mostly or I will be irritated. I'm done with those mostly other people and minimum kid episodes. I'm also kind of sick of episodes centering around cartman. WE NEED KYLE. An episode focusing on kyle would be nice. if not this episode, the next one. I do not want to be dissapointed. Come on matt/trey!
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostMon Nov 07, 2011 7:58 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ I think we're all sick of Cartman lol

And Kyle's had good screen time this season. He had big roles the first run and has been there this run as well.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostTue Nov 08, 2011 8:35 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
The Cartman episodes have been good this year and usually involve someone with Cartman. I think the upcoming episode will be a group focus though. And not centering on any one of the boys.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostTue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
99 i fail wrote:
And I was unaware that History Channel was total crap, as 3 or 4 years ago it wasn't.

To be fair, it's not all crap. But there is an inordinate amount of programming devoted to fake history. 'Ancient Aliens' is just the most glaringly ridiculous example.

They still have some cool stuff like The Universe or How the Earth was Made; the latter being of particular interest to anyone with even a passing curiosity about geology. And they still do stuff that used to be their bread and butter; The Cold War, WWII, the American Revolution, etc. But it is much rarer. It's really disappointing.

At least they're about to roll out some new Vietnam shit this month.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostTue Nov 08, 2011 4:22 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
I doubt the History channel thing will be a big part of the episode it's probably mostly going to be a Thor parody and the title is there to throw us :(

Quote:
The Universe or How the Earth was Made

so the best documentaries on History aren't about history?

I don't care if it's a Cartman episode or has drama as long as it's...good

Hope maxbjr is right we haven't had a good group episode in some time.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Pre-Air Discussio PostTue Nov 08, 2011 5:24 pm Offline
Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:15 am7
"The truth could change Thanksgiving everyone."

I think they mean, "the truth could change Thanksgiving FOR everyone".

Unless, maybe, the truth about Thanksgiving results in the destruction of all prepositions.

I'd be all favor that.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 3 of 4 52 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next