Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 8 108 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 8:37 pm Offline
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
amazing. This one was great. I am so happy there was so much kyle. it was a lot better than i thought it would be. also i loved the kyle period jokes. And yes, there wasnt much cartman! yaaaay
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 8:37 pm Offline
Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:24 pm6
This episode is as ridiculous as the Canadian wedding episode from earlier in the year

and just as ridiculously awesome :D
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 8:41 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Was that a pilgrim version of Gort in that battle scene? He was the robot from The Day the Earth Stood Still.

The solution for opening the wormhole is, of course, a little wine and dine from Kyle. Not being up on celebrity gossip, I'm assuming they picked Natalie Portman at random.

They simultaneously ripped the History Channel a new asshole for their retarded fake history shows and completely embraced them for an excellent story. We did lose Fatass in the process I see. Kind of forgot about him after the scene in the grocery store. Since that story didn't go anywhere it didn't seem necessary to bring up a disappearance of stuffing on Earth that was never explained. Could have used that time for more intergalactic awesomeness.

The traditional pilgrim garb they used and we're all familiar with was actually just made up in the 19th Century when Thanksgiving really started to be celebrated outside of New England. Same thing with the weird old gun with the bell shaped muzzle. Made up in the 19th Century.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 8:43 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
History Channel parodies=priceless
Stan's voice=nice
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 8:48 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Cartman ripping on Kyle for being "menopausal" was a nice 'old school' touch; hearkens back to Fatass' Detective Sandy Vagina runner from It Hits the Fans. They've been peppering the show with some of that classical goodness this season and it has a lot to do with how much I'm enjoying this season.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 8:50 pm Offline
Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:12 pm6NYC-area
No, I think Natalie Portman was picked b/c of the Thor references, and she's in Thor.
"My penis is on the loose! If you see it just try to catch it with some cheese."
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
Good episode but not great. Like how they played on the history channels sorta history shows with the aliens. Well at least Kyle's mom finally has a doctor in the family. Cartman kinda got lost in the episode, wonder if his part with the stuffing search got cut some. Eric's part feels incomplete somehow. Alittle too much of the pilgram/indian alien wars for my taste, (I never liked it when outside, one time players take over alot of show time. But that's just my personal dislike,) Natalie Portman cameo was great, the dinner with Kyle was funny as hell. You could just see him trying to move things along with everyone watching in the background. I'll watch it again and maybe come up with more view points.
Last edited by maxbjr on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 8:55 pm Offline
Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:49 pm3
I love Trey and Matt but they could've used Kat Dennings.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 8:55 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
7.4/10 Not as good as the rest of 15B, but ok.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 8:59 pm Offline
Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:12 pm6NYC-area
Yeah, gotta agree it's good but not great. Glad to see a Thanksgiving ep after so long. It seemed rushed tho, esp. the Cartman storyline. Maybe not quite enough for 2 episodes. Sorry not to see Marvin.
"My penis is on the loose! If you see it just try to catch it with some cheese."
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 9:00 pm Offline
Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:35 pm36
I like the show Ancient Aliens. How about Trey and Matt stop being on their period when it comes to putting musicals into everything.

Nice Thor reference though.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 pm Offline
Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:17 am12
There needed to be a duel plot, and not dwelling on one topic.

Who doesn't make their own friggin stuffing for Thanksgiving anyway?

If 1/16 (or my 1/8) Native American doesn't count, I don't want to hear about your great grandparents and adversity.

Yes there probably is sand in my nether regions with this episode...
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 9:12 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
this episode was sh*t to me. Maybe because the History channel topic was uninteresting, or maybe the space story was lost on me without knowing any references, but I thought it was crap.

Only part I laughed at was at the end with the Pilgrim sounding stupid muttering "yay, stuffing mine".
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 9:21 pm Offline
Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:35 pm36
Ok, after properly watching it again. I guess I see the point of it and some of its references.

History Channel may clutch onto something quite good and interesting but then bloats it out of proportion and makes a big deal out of something which I can kind of agree.

Ancient aliens is on its third season and no new information has really been giving its just minor minor things based on other things which in itself makes it more irrelevant.

Thor reference was quite clear, you had the Asgard like place, palace of gold. When Thor goes to earth and falls in a creator, gets run over and the beam armour like dude.

Natalie Portman - no idea what thats about. Stuffing and Pilgrims and Native Americans. Just splicing the fact that Aliens also may have conflicts? I don't know.

Anyway, not bad episode I guess.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 9:51 pm Offline
Tue May 12, 2009 10:03 pm2
Loved the Episode. Thor was my favorite movie this summer so i thought the storyline was funny.

Also i love documentaries but absolutely hate the history channel it has become complete and utter trash. I especially hate ancient aliens. It's complete nonsense IMO. The bbc and pbs are the only channels that still make shows about actual history.

I give this episode 8/10

Sort by  
Page 2 of 8 108 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next