Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 8 108 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 9:57 pm Offline
Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:32 pm1
I loved the Thor references. it was an awesome episode
Curses and Cranberries!!
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 10:05 pm Offline
Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:11 pm25Los Angeles
LOVED IT! I love when they just play with history and culture and turn things on their head; the thanksgiving iconography in all the buildings and decor on Plymouth was great. Planet Indi haha where Indians are from. And I think that 1/16th Indian guy was another rip on Ward Churchill, the first being "little Eichmans" from Die Hippie Die.

It also looked really good. I love the really beautiful episodes like this. This is turning out to be a great season!
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
Hehe, in addition to being a Thor reference and making fun of how flat she is, does anyone else think that the whole Natalie Portman thing was a play on "port"? :lol:

Either way, she's still super hot. What red-blooded male wouldn't want to dock his canoe in Natalie's port, man?
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 10:47 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls wrote:
Hehe, in addition to being a Thor reference and making fun of how flat she is, does anyone else think that the whole Natalie Portman thing was a play on "port"? :lol:

Either way, she's still super hot. What red-blooded male wouldn't want to dock his canoe in Natalie's port, man?

Portal... Portman... Hmm. I didn't even think of that.

And yes. I'd really like to smell her hair. down there.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 10:48 pm Offline
Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:44 pm1
I loved the episode, but I wish there would have been a South Park Tsoukalos. Would have been the BEST episode ever.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Okay, I was laughing every thirty seconds or so. Such delicious ridiculosity. I am so glad they ripped on Ancient Aliens, and all the people of the world who say, "well, you can't disprove such-and-such..." So awesome.

triplemultiplex wrote:
Was that a pilgrim version of Gort in that battle scene? He was the robot from The Day the Earth Stood Still.

The solution for opening the wormhole is, of course, a little wine and dine from Kyle. Not being up on celebrity gossip, I'm assuming they picked Natalie Portman at random.

No, the robot and Natalie Portman are both out of Thor. About half the episode was a Thor reference, actually, which was fun for me because I really enjoyed the film and all its yummy ham & cheese and gorgeous effects.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 10:54 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Natalie Portwoman? :mrgreen:

Loved the little nod to Dune ("He who controls" etc., etc.) and the wormhole ending was real funny, but that's just about it. The episode falls into the so-so category for me: definitely worse than the Easter special, not up to the rest of 15b, and overall random. I couldn't care less about ripping on Thor, but was sorta disappointed with the fact that the Sephiroth/Yggdrassil thingy from the preview clip mentioning Marklar had been abandoned in favor of the interstellar palm. The boys didn't have much of a role, either. Oh, well. Another time, another space, I guess.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 11:06 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
So I'm logged in and I write a big detailed Pro's and Con's list, I step away, come back, finish it, post, and have to login again, only to lose the post? And no, the back button didn't work. f*ck.

Anyway, great to see cheesy poofs back, the date was funny, HC deserved a spoof, Kyle finally got an episode, yadda yadda pro's, the 1/16th's Indian guy was funny but the space Indians should've been nicer to balance it out, yadda yadda, dumb ending, HC characters generic govt. agent types, Marklar removed for no good reason, yadda yadda cons...

Sorry, but I don't remember my thoughts too well besides the basic feeling of disappointment and I'm not going to sit here for 20 minutes to recollect them.

6.5/10

Fair episode, but not that good. Guess it was lost on me since I never saw Thor.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 11:07 pm Offline
Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:52 am11
When they made the Spice reference, I knew

Plymouth = House Atreides ?
Indi = House Harkonnen ?
Earth = Arrakis
Stuffing = Spice!
Am I not a man and a brother?
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 11:13 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
JVM wrote:
Guess it was lost on me since I never saw Thor.

I imagine it would be pretty lost on you without having seen Thor. The whole portal thing and all the scenes on Asgar... I mean, Plymouth ...would seem very random without context. I mean, Big Lipped Alligator kind of random. But with context? I thought it was side-splitting.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 11:14 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 pm1
Being from Plymouth, MA i have to say i really enjoyed the episode. I could nitpick the little details about it (Plymouth rock is nowhere near that big) but overall i found the episode pretty damn funny
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 11:16 pm Offline
Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 pm33
Quote:
this episode was sh*t to me. Maybe because the History channel topic was uninteresting, or maybe the space story was lost on me without knowing any references, but I thought it was this episode was sh*t to me. Maybe because the History channel topic was uninteresting, or maybe the space story was lost on me without knowing any references, but I thought it was crap.

I don't give three bowls of stuffing what sayeth you! :lol:
No but (IMO) this was a damn funny episode! And ancient aliens really needed the south park treatment... It had about three interesting episodes worth of good ideas, then it just became ridiculous.
Making fun of how Natalie portman seemed to be randomnly inserted in Thor was great too...
Stuffing jokes, cartman ragging on Kyle for being on his period, cartman pushing the lady out of the way to get into the grocery store, the crayon drawings the kids made for their report on alien thanksgiving, (a nice reminder that they are, in fact, still little 4th graders) i mean the wormhole to the other worlds ends up being natalie portmans vag! :lol: so many little things, along with the overall story, just made this a great episode to me... It just felt like classic south park. Cannot wait for the next ep!
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostWed Nov 09, 2011 11:36 pm Offline
Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 pm50
I guess now I have to let my boyfriend make me watch thor.
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 12:08 am Offline
  • YIM
Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:22 pm72Chicago, Il
what a silly episode.... LOVED IT!!!! :lol:
now that's what i call a stickey situation!!
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 12:30 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
History Channel bashing aside, my favorite part of this episode is the jab at DeVry and other for-profit "universities". It's about time M&T called out those "education" institutions for what they really are: money-suckers, and nothing else.

Sure was awkward seeing Kyle reluctantly trying to get Natalie Portman to open her snatch portal... :shock:

This episode sure has a lot of references to elements of many past SP episodes. Here's a few I noticed:

- The boys do a project together (Gnomes, I'm A Little Bit Country)
- Verbal description-only of large-scale battle (Best Friends Forever) - The head pilgrim looks like Archangel Michael too!
- International/intergalatic warfare (Go God Go)
- Outlandish hidden explanation of holiday elements (Fantastic Easter Special)
- Kyle's disbelief in outlandish ideas that nevertheless is real in SP (Imaginationland, Red Hot Catholic Love)
- The reluctant protagonist (Pandemic)

It's a nice blend...until M&T decided to press the fast-forward button and stuffed 2 episodes worth of content into 1 for the second week in a row... :x Too many unexplained/unclear plot twists, and the awesome Marklars got time-squeezed. What a wasted potential here. 7/10

I guess M&T want to save the last episode of this run for another possible series twist a-la You're Getting Old. Maybe a grade change is in store?

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST

Sort by  
Page 3 of 8 108 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next