Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 8 108 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 12:45 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
JVM wrote:
So I'm logged in and I write a big detailed Pro's and Con's list, I step away, come back, finish it, post, and have to login again, only to lose the post? And no, the back button didn't work. f*ck.

Yeah, that used to happen to me sometimes; now I copy it into memory before I may "step away" - just a tip as to what I do :)

AtheistOtter wrote:
JVM wrote:
Guess it was lost on me since I never saw Thor.

I imagine it would be pretty lost on you without having seen Thor. The whole portal thing and all the scenes on Asgar... I mean, Plymouth ...would seem very random without context. I mean, Big Lipped Alligator kind of random. But with context? I thought it was side-splitting.

I too have not seen Thor; I've been too busy with school :(

Guy in Lab Coat in Season 15, Episode 13: A History Channel Thanksgiving wrote:
Look, if anyone knows about stuffing, it's Natalie Portman
:lol:

I don't know why, but that line gave me a big chuckle :wink:

EDIT:

You know, I don't remember (using the logic of The History Channel/Central) reading anywhere growing up that the Pilgrims and Indians didn't like South Park, the TV show. Does that mean that they were some of the biggest fans of the show ever to live? Think about it :!:
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 12:59 am Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
I've seen every episode to date. I never imagined an episode where I wouldn't have laughed at least once. This one did just that for me.

It had some funny moments, but nothing new, nothing unexpected.

But this episode is pretty much on the same level as "Pee". Well, at least that one started out good before quickly turning to hell.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 1:18 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
Pretty cool episode, there was a lot of funny stuff(ing) in this one.
Natalie Portman and her wormhole made ma laugh the hardest. :lol:
"FOR STUFFING!!!"

And the point of History Channel not being what it used to be is also valuable.

btw. I can't believe it's only one show till season finale. :?
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 1:27 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
So, first we see all the boys sitting in KYLE'S BEDROOM writing their report on Thanksgiving. Then Cartman says "Let's go downstairs and watch TV," and what we see in the next scene is all four of them sitting on the sofa in CARTMAN'S LIVING ROOM watching the History Channel bullcrap! Is that what's called "go downstairs" these days???
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 2:11 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Yeah, what's up wit tat?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 2:20 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
*wipes forehead* Phew! This turned out better than I thought! Highly enjoyable. Loved the throw at History Channel not really being about history these days. And how they really thought Kyle had all the answers and how he was a Prof. at Devry Universality- lol!! While it did focus heavily on the alien stuff I really liked the episode. I just loved Cartman ripping on Kyle about his period and menopause. That was a great throwback to the older eppies when he would say stuff like that. Proof yet again the boys really don't know much of puberty and sexual education :lol: .

Will mention more when I see it again. But this was a funny episode and well, can we hold on for another good one to wrap up a fantastic 15B run...????

we shall see in a few days...
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 2:45 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Did anyone notice Butters watching the same song on the tv that the Jonas bros played on The RIng :lol: .

Kyle's sarcastic rant on the history channel came back to haunt him somewhat. Natalie portman scenes were funny like that awkward dinner date oh and that hairy bikers scene made me chuckle for some reason,another good episode only 1 more to go dam.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Last edited by James--76 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 3:28 am Offline
Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:09 am1
Fantastic satire episode ! I've been ticked off for years at how the History Channel has gone so deeply got into pseudoscience such as UFOs and paranormal crap and presented it as though it were legitimate findings or revisions to accepted history . Wondered if anyone else there felt the same or even cared. :lol:

It purports to be a channel giving us legitimate information or reasonable debate on historical topics , but has gone way off the deep end with a number of programs that propose bunk as fact with questionable sources and spokespersons and seems to prefers the sensationally hypothetical -at best - to realistic findings . None of those Monster /UFO quests or pseudo-history programs ever come up with anything even slightly compelling or conclusive in the very least .

Well done . :mrgreen:
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 6:17 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Nice one.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 6:38 am Offline
Mon May 19, 2008 4:29 pm2
This was by far the worst episode I have ever seen. Thor was horrible movie and you make an episode consisting of it, the only way this could be worse is if you used the extremely awful Captain America instead. You also missed a great opportunity to use Ancient Aliens meme.

So far I thought season 15 as a whole was great, but this episode was lacking any lulz, I didn't chuckle not even once.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 7:24 am Offline
Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:56 am1
s'ok. i'd like to see matt and trey get back into the characters rather than bank on the next "social satire" opportunity. it's becoming a little too obvious now and comes off as either a bit lazy/methodical... not my favorite season.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 7:33 am Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
I didn't get the pop culture references, so it all seemed random. I had high expectations, as the holiday episodes are typically very good, but this one was weak.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 8:11 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
I didn't laugh as much as I usually do. The only part I loved so much I squeed was Butters watching The Jonas Bros music video on MTV. "bay-bay" hahaha :lol: .

I didn't see Thor so a lot of the references went over my head. I did enjoy the jab at History Channel though. Natalie Portman swayingback and forth: "um.... no" haha funny! Kyle's sarcastic rant was fantastic! And Cartman with the cheesy poofs <3
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 8:42 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
btw. did anyone else notice that some of the scenes from the preview weren't used (boys sitting at the campfire, also the "planetary map" is different). I wonder why.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 10:36 am Offline
Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:35 am1
scRaTcH#667 wrote:
btw. did anyone else notice that some of the scenes from the preview weren't used (boys sitting at the campfire, also the "planetary map" is different). I wonder why.

I noticed that too. Maybe they removed "Planet Marklar" because they didn't want fans to expect Starvin' Marvin to show up after the commercial break and then let them down?
Last edited by SPMolest on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 8 108 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next