Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 8 108 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 am Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
M&T took a risk on this one. They obviously liked Thor and wanted to adapt it into an episode. The problem was, not everyone has seen Thor. I saw it, and the spoofs made more sense to me than someone who has not seen the movie. I expected this to be a divided episode, in some ways, the way the fanbase is developing for it resembles Star Trek in some ways.

But the part with Natalie Portman would appeal to more people, since it's a celebrity rip. I personally found it quite funny, but it wasn't my favorite part of this episode. That honor goes to the very end when Miles Standish was blowing the Indians up. As a history buff, and a Sci-Fi fan, I enjoyed those little spots.

Overall, I give this an 8/10. I really liked it, but it hasn't appealed much outside of a few who really enjoyed it. Otherwise it was great!
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 11:31 am Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
it kinda bored me 6/10 but i liked cartman making fun of kyle having his period which he can't get cause he's a boy. but i liked that girl who kept saying ummmm no. who was that again i forgot. i like how that guy came into kyles house and pointed a gun at him it was so funny. but overall some parts made me laugh but the whole thing was dull. hopefully the last one will be better.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 11:55 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
For anyone who's not aware of this, The History Channel has a history of making up "facts" and trying to appeal to popular culture by putting things in their programming, like shows about ghosts and UFOs, that don't really have anything to do with what the channel is supposed to be about. What this episode did was poke fun at it by exaggerating those things and turning what THC usually does back on itself, making THC look as ridiculous as what they do to get ratings.

That's what made the episode good.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 12:01 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
stevesut1 wrote:
The History Channel has a history of making up "facts" and trying to appeal to popular culture by putting things in their programming, like shows about ghosts and UFOs, that don't really have anything to do with what the channel is supposed to be about. What this episode did was poke fun at it by exaggerating those things...

Exaggerating? I could barely tell the difference between the parody and the actual channel. :mrgreen:
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 1:14 pm Offline
  • YIM
AtheistOtter wrote:
stevesut1 wrote:
The History Channel has a history of making up "facts" and trying to appeal to popular culture by putting things in their programming, like shows about ghosts and UFOs, that don't really have anything to do with what the channel is supposed to be about. What this episode did was poke fun at it by exaggerating those things...

Exaggerating? I could barely tell the difference between the parody and the actual channel. :mrgreen:

Ex1lepr0 likes this.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 1:51 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Heh, if only there were a Like system like on FB, right?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 1:53 pm Offline
  • YIM
Right? I was saying they should do that earlier. It would be a pretty bad-ass feature. :)
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 3:47 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
tehroc wrote:
This was by far the worst episode I have ever seen. Thor was horrible movie and you make an episode consisting of it, the only way this could be worse is if you used the extremely awful Captain America instead. You also missed a great opportunity to use Ancient Aliens meme.

So far I thought season 15 as a whole was great, but this episode was lacking any lulz, I didn't chuckle not even once.

By far an exaggeration. Really? You're like those people that were offended at Ass Burgers.

I'd give this episodean 8.5/10. It's better than Ass Burgers/Bass to Mouth (8), but not as good as the Last of the Meheecans caliber (9).

It has the same problem as 1%. They rushed the Cartman storylines both times and they crammed 2 episodes into 1.

I laughed in my head like I alway do, I really only laugh out loud on 9.5/10 episodes. It was really funny though; I liked the end.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 4:27 pm Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
IMHO the best show of the season is still "Crack Baby Athletic Association" it was a total instant classic and it doesn't loose any of it's qualities even after multiple viewing, I just love that episode. :D
M&T would have to pull a something rly EPIC to top CBAA with that one remaining show, but hey - who knows?
sry for the offtopic
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 6:14 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Hey all,

Uncensored audio is up in the full episode player... plus new wallpaper!
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 7:16 pm Offline
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
Now, i'm commenting again because I've seen this one a few times now. I laughed hardest the first time i saw it. I did not see tron, so that part was a bit lost on me, but i thoroughly enjoyed it all the same. I'm just waiting for a moment when i can reference this in a paper like I've referenced other episodes. So, where's the thread where we theorise what will happen next...hmm?

And yes, CBAA was great. I almost forgot about Bass to Mouth, which shows how dull i remember it as. I was majorly dissapointed at that one. anyway..
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 8:25 pm Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
A very adequate episode I must say. It has some decent scenes with Cartman complaining about Kyle having his period and the whole stuffing scenes, but overall I really enjoy this one. 8.9/10
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 pm Offline
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 pm84
I really thought it would be a two parter with some big conspiracy and such with all the Dune references. I kept thinking Kenny might killed in this one. I did enjoy Kyle not believing yet it all being true. I am waiting for the day they say one of the 4 boys is not human.

on a side note: big fan of Ancient Aliens, if you were not there, how do you know the truth?
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostThu Nov 10, 2011 11:50 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I did love how the History Channel was looking to the boys for information on aliens and Thanksgiving despite the boys clearly saying all their info came from their channel. Classic adults paying no attention to what's right in front of them lol. Kyle was saying how their is no proof of such things on the special!! I loved when Stan and Kenny were cheering on with the fight between the 'Native American' speaker and Mark Standish was his name?? Boys being boys. Not to forget Cartman ripping on Kyle about being on his period the whole time- always :lol: . The Indian and Pilgrim story grew kinda boring. And I don't get why Natile Portman was on it. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with her work or her in the tabloids.

I just love the blooper of the boys in Kyle's house then all of a sudden watching the History Channel at Cartman's- hahaha. It adds more realism to the fact that yes, the show is made in only 6 days. Umm... what else? Funny ending.

Overall, 8/10. *crosses fingers for a great season 15 ender*
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1513: A History Channel Thanksgiving* Post-Air Discussi PostFri Nov 11, 2011 12:03 am Offline
Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 am4
Seeing this, it probably wasn't the best episode of the season. For me, that would be Last of the Meeheecans... but it was still pretty funny. I'd give it a 7/10 personally. It'd be higher, but it felt a little rushed.

Heres hoping that the season finale is a good one, preferably with Kenny actually having a line. I mean, I'm appreciating the unhooded Kenny scenes, but it'd be great if Kenny had a line that I could remember. (Then again, I may be biased. I'm a Kenny fan).

Sort by  
Page 5 of 8 108 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next