Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 6 of 8 110 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 15, 2011 5:29 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Well I'm not jumping for joy for a Kenny episode simply because I'm not a big fan of his family but I'm not going to lie and say they don't deserve an episode. It is the perfect time for a McCormick episode this season. I like the idea of them going into foster care. Makes sense. I wonder if they will go to one house or several diff. ones through the course of the show. And why can't Kenny go back to school just because he's in foster care?? Why would this stop Cartman from ripping on him? Would they not hang out with Kenny after this? I'm excited to see Kenny interact with his siblings because we honestly never saw it. And I guess they are sticking with him having a sister since she has only been seen like, twice. I say her name is Karen, and Mrs. McCormick is Carol. One of those things like Cartman's birthday is July 1st. Never mentioned but is around the fandom too much now to change. What I'm not liking is the fact Kenny seems upset. He never shows he cares much for his parents or their actions. He's pissed they are the way they are. So it will seem weird if Kenny seems upset with the situation. Maybe he is just because his sister is.

Not jumping for joy for tomorrow. Hope the other boys have good screen time as always. Don't want to leave s. 15 off with little Stan. So we shall see...
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 15, 2011 7:34 pm Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm28
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe the reason the McCormicks are being arrested is because of the Cult of Cthulhu?

Hope so but this show doesn't...do continuity. As is shown in the various names for the same character.

Well, SP does have some continuity, such as Scott Tenorman (being in episode 201 and all that, with the fact of learning who Carman's mom is, which comes from the episode "Cartman's Mom's a Dirty Slut") However, the reason for their arrest might be because of drugs (they seem like that kind of people, stereotypically, and South Park does like to rip on stereotypes.)
Or... I have a slight suspision that maybe, the McCormicks will be arrested for something that they didn't do, and were just being the main suspects because they are "Poor and Stupid" (I mean, they love NASCAR :lol: )
But I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I just hope that this is a good eppy, that Kenny dies, and that this episode will not be a cliffhanger (April is wayyy to far away. I mean, I gotta study for APs and stuff.)
Oh Well... Good luck T&M, and you better end this season on a high note. :D
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 15, 2011 9:12 pm Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
Well, I hope to see some interaction between Kenny and his little sister because we barely see his sister in the show that often. I'm kind of happy about Kenny having own episode in this season because he haven't any centered episode. Not that much say about this one but I'm looking forward to it and Cartman B-plot as well :lol:
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 15, 2011 9:17 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Let's hope Fatass doesn't hijack this episode from Kenny. I hope Fatass just gets the b-plot.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 15, 2011 9:19 pm Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
nwt000 wrote:
Let's hope Fatass doesn't hijack this episode from Kenny. I hope Fatass just gets the b-plot.
Knowing Cartman he will most likely :|
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
starlitlight wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Knowing Cartman he will most likely :|

I see in the preview clip that Cartman is indeed finding Kenny going to a foster home funny, but wouldn't it be a kick in his big fat ass if the foster parents are actually rich?

We've already heard from Token in "1%," so maybe a celebrity of sorts?

Of course, being a Kenny ep, a "death" HAS to be part of it...Something just tells me that.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 3:00 am Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Stanluv25 wrote:
Well I'm not jumping for joy for a Kenny episode simply because I'm not a big fan of his family but I'm not going to lie and say they don't deserve an episode. It is the perfect time for a McCormick episode this season. I like the idea of them going into foster care. Makes sense. I wonder if they will go to one house or several diff. ones through the course of the show. And why can't Kenny go back to school just because he's in foster care?? Why would this stop Cartman from ripping on him? Would they not hang out with Kenny after this? I'm excited to see Kenny interact with his siblings because we honestly never saw it. And I guess they are sticking with him having a sister since she has only been seen like, twice. I say her name is Karen, and Mrs. McCormick is Carol. One of those things like Cartman's birthday is July 1st. Never mentioned but is around the fandom too much now to change. What I'm not liking is the fact Kenny seems upset. He never shows he cares much for his parents or their actions. He's pissed they are the way they are. So it will seem weird if Kenny seems upset with the situation. Maybe he is just because his sister is.

Not jumping for joy for tomorrow. Hope the other boys have good screen time as always. Don't want to leave s. 15 off with little Stan. So we shall see...

Actually Cartman's birthday is rooted in fact a bit - a South Park calendar released when the show was new back in the 90's included each of the boys' birthdays. Stan and Kyle's have been rooted into canon since they're based on Trey and Matt's.

While Kenny hasn't been seen too upset about his parents before, they've never been in jeopardy the way the other kids' parents have been. The McCormick family has only once had a starring role before, in "Cartman Joins NAMBLA", over ten years ago now. Whereas Stan's father has become a main character in his own right, and Kyle's mother was at one point one herself.

Kenny's the one who's usually in jeopardy and we've seen they do care for him a great deal: the McCormicks always grieve at Kenny's funerals - hell, they throw him funerals each time he dies. They do seem to regret taking him to the cult meeting. Carol harassed Stan in "Spookyfish" while drunk because of Kenny's disappearance and in aforementioned "NAMBLA" they do try to make time for Kenny despite Carol's pregnancy.

While we've seen Stan have to save his father from his own stupidity and (although it's been a very long time) seen Kyle try to prevent both his parents from their own and his public humiliation - plus he's saved Ike - this is the first time really that Kenny's parents, and only his parents, have been in any real danger. Thus, it's the first time we'd really get a look as to how much the family members care about each other, and how they interact.

:oops: Sorry for the tangent, but the McCormicks are to me what the Marshes are to you, understand.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Stanluv25 wrote:
And why can't Kenny go back to school just because he's in foster care?? Why would this stop Cartman from ripping on him? Would they not hang out with Kenny after this?

The implication is that Kenny's being sent to another school, maybe even to another town like Fairplay or Denver. How's Cartman gonna make fun of a boy who isn't there anymore?

Stanluv25 wrote:
I say her name is Karen, and Mrs. McCormick is Carol. One of those things like Cartman's birthday is July 1st. Never mentioned but is around the fandom too much now to change.

You can blame Comedy Central (or Matt and Trey, assuming they provided the birthdays below to the calendar publishers) for Cartman and Kenny's birthdays - I have a calendar from the early days that lists the following:

March 22 — Kenny's Birthday
July 1 — Cartman's Birthday

Also:

March 1 — Randy Marsh's Birthday
June 17 — Sheila Broflovski's Birthday
October 4 — Gerald Broflovski's Birthday
November 24 — Shelley Marsh's Birthday
December 16 — Sharon Marsh's Birthday
December 17 — Ike Broflovski's Birthday
December 25 — Jesus' Birthday

Nothing similar has been published for their names except for Clyde Goodman, on a T-shirt, but his last name has changed a couple of times since that T-shirt came out (Donovan, Harris).

As for Kenny's mom being called Carol, the voice actress who first voiced her said in a letter that Mrs. McCormick does NOT have a first name.

In "Death," waaay back in Season 1, both Stan's mom and Kyle's mom were called "Carol" and Kenny's mom wasn't in the episode at all, so I don't know where anyone came up with Carol for Kenny's mom.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 9:30 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
Big-Will wrote:
In "Death," waaay back in Season 1, both Stan's mom and Kyle's mom were called "Carol" and Kenny's mom wasn't in the episode at all, so I don't know where anyone came up with Carol for Kenny's mom.

Ugh I couldn't stand them both being called Carol. Now they both have completely different names :lol: Eh, that's South Park for ya!
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 2:52 pm Offline
Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:57 pm91
I have some friends in foster care who <3 SP (Especially Kenny), I wonder how things will go for Kenny and his siblings?
._____.
|_____|
() o_o ()
...|__|----> this is Kyle

98% of teens have one of these 98% statistics in their signatures, copy and paste if you're in the 2% that doesn't...hey, wait a minute...
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 3:00 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
The variable geography of South Park strikes again in the preview this week. All of a sudden, Kenny lives across the street from Kyle? Canon seems to be that Stan, Kyle and Eric all live in the same hoodie while Kenny lives a crappier part of town within walking distance. That was the precedent set by Chickenpox and Chicken Lover. (Avenue de los Mexicanos anyone?)

Usually the locations of everyone's houses doesn't matter because we rarely see them in the larger context of the town. But Kenny as Kyle's neighbor definitely violates canon.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 3:21 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
triplemultiplex wrote:
The variable geography of South Park strikes again in the preview this week. All of a sudden, Kenny lives across the street from Kyle? Canon seems to be that Stan, Kyle and Eric all live in the same hoodie while Kenny lives a crappier part of town within walking distance. That was the precedent set by Chickenpox and Chicken Lover. (Avenue de los Mexicanos anyone?)

Usually the locations of everyone's houses doesn't matter because we rarely see them in the larger context of the town. But Kenny as Kyle's neighbor definitely violates canon.

And Stan lives across form Cartman in "Ass Burgers" and Stan lives next to Kenny is "Quintuplets 2000".

And unfortunately due to busy plans, I can't watch this till Friday.

OMFG SOUTH PARK POSTED TODAY IT'S RENEWED AGAIN NOW TILL SEASON 20! HELL YEA!
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 3:56 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Big-Will wrote:
As for Kenny's mom being called Carol, the voice actress who first voiced her said in a letter that Mrs. McCormick does NOT have a first name.

I explained this a few pages back.

The real core reason is basically, Carol was a throwaway name for Stan's, Kyle's and Butters' mothers, as well as several minor one-off characters, so people applied it to the one unidentified mother left. Some people tried to cover up by using Mr. Grazier's line in "Cripple Fight" as a justification but it's rather obvious he's referring to his own wife. It wasn't too popularized until 2006 or so - I was one of the first people to use it heavily. I do regret that somewhat, but I guess I at least temporarily filled a niche, the way Nommel was used rather often for Craig until 'Tucker' was introduced in Season 12.

I'm also aware the name Peggy was popular in old circles, so much so there was debate just like this as to whether it was official or not, but it seems to have disappeared. I've also seen Susan a few times.

Quote:

Perhaps, but not too much. Kenny's house has almost always been seen in relation to Stan's out of the boys - he lives right across the train tracks. Cartman and Butters' houses are across from them, although back in Season 5, Cartman was said to live four houses up from Kenny. As for Kyle's location, I'd say the preview makes it look much more as if they live across from Kenny than next to him. Chef also lives next to Stan, although his house has since been purchased and sold again at least once ("It's a Jersey Thing")

Early versions of "About Last Night..." had Kyle's house across from the Marshes but it was replaced y Butters in the final cut, so I'm not sure if that's canon. Would seem to make sense now.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 4:23 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
3 1/2 hours before air time;

3 hours before this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49577

See you all there 1/2 before showtime 8)
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 4:38 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
dragongirl9888 wrote:
I literally had been ranting to my friends at lunch, if they don't do one, it'd be the only season without a Kenny centric, and he did like nothing this season, and I'd be disappointed and upset.
What were the Kenny-centric episodes in seasons 7, 8, 10, and 11? Sure, he had a few minor roles in those seasons, but nothing centered around him.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 6 of 8 110 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next