Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 7 of 8 110 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 6:54 pm Offline
Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:40 pm29
99 i fail wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Grievous George wrote:
No Christmas episode? WTF are you guys on!?!?!?

As Season 15B is ending near Thanksgiving, we had a Thanksgiving episode last week. But Christmas? That's too far away.

Look back at other Christmas episodes:

Season One's Episode 10: Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo. It's original air date was 12-17-1997; pretty close to Christmas if you ask me.

Season Two's Episode 14: Merry Christmas, Charlie Manson! It's original air date was 12-09-1998; again at least in the month Christmas is in.

Season Three's Episode 15: Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics had it's original air date of 12-01-1999, followed by Episode 16: Are You There God? It's Me, Jesus, with it's original air date of 12-29-1999.

Season Four's Episode 17's A Very Crappy Christmas had it's original air date of 12-20-2000.

Shall I jump to Season Six's Episode 17: Red Sleigh Down with an original air date of 12-11-2002 or Season Seven's Episode 15: It's Christmas in Canada which aired on 12-17-2003?

As you can see, Christmas episodes aired in December; South Park no longer has new shows in December. They wouldn't even be airing new shows this late in the year if it wasn't for the delay of the making of the Broadway Stage Play: "The Book of Mormon" earlier this year.

So no, Grievous George, no Christmas episode this year. At least we're in November and had a Thanksgiving episode; haven't had one of those since Season Four's Episode 14: Helen Keller, the Musical which originally aired very close to Thanksgiving on 11-22-2000.

And don't forget Woodland Critter Christmas, season 8 episode 14 Christmas eppy that aired on December 15th.

Finally! The Kenny episode we've all been w8ing 4! Those clowns look scary.

And just to let you know: It's widely accepted (but not that official) that Kenny's mom is Carol, Kenny's brother is Kevin, and Kenny's sister is Karen, although that;s subject to change.
I knew they'd do a Kenny eppy at the end of the run!

It's been ages since we had a Christmas episode and it's about time we have one right now! Doesn't matter if it's November!!!
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:14 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
Since there's no post-air thread and I don't have a facebook:

Those clowns were creepy....

So Clyde's next-to-fattest, and now Craig's next-to-poorest? No wait, it's actually Cartman. XD

Even Kyle lapshaded how Cartman calls Kyle "Kahl". XD

Mysterion/Kenny!!! :D What a touching scene between him and his sister Karen. I feel so bad for them.

Cartman's mom hasn't used drugs in a while!! :)
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:16 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Post air discussion!

Well that settles that about Kenny's sister.

A strict agnostic family; freakin' hilarious. Dr. Pepper, the agnostic beverage. Lot's of sign gags at that foster home.

So far Kenny's story is really interesting; being there for his sis. She called him a 'guardian angel' so that will run her afoul of the foster parents.

Fatass's yo mamma runner might get old.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:24 pm Offline
So who's lame jokes are getting on your nerves more, Fatass or the child services guy?

Fucking Cartman. He seems to be cruising for another ass whoopin'.

But every scene with Mysterion has been gold. Kenny lovers, eat your heart out, eh?

Reminds me that I've got some agnostic housework to do later. lol
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:26 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1434in a secret underground bunker
I'm White Trash and I'm in Trouble! :lol:

Wow! What an AWESOME beginning....
the only thing now is I wish I could understand what Kevin was sayin at first, but seeing Mysterion, and now CARTMAN being the poorest (blames Craig first)...

All the Penn State sh*t. Wooow.

Mamma Sooo poor! HAHA! :lol:

Then the agnostic kids...man.

BAHAHAHA!!! My name is NOT meeem! :lol:

Damn! Mysterion is awesome!! :mrgreen:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:31 pm Offline
BEST ENDING!! :D

Cartman says he's "White Trash!" then goes to jail.

Kenny returns and Cartman still rips on him for being the poor kid

BUT WHEN HE DIES!! :zombiekenny: Carman is the "poor Kid" again :mrgreen:

This ep gets a 10/10 for me. Probably close to top 5-10 all time!! 8)
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:32 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
I love Kenny. Nuff said
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:32 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I loved it. Not the funniest episode, but it's about the kids being themselves. I loved how Kenny threw firecrackers at that Jenny kid. And Kenny died, too. What the fuck was that thing? Looked like a vulture or a condor. Or a dodo.

8.5/10
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:33 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
This was an awesome episode! :D It's a great conclusion to this season (to me)! :D
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:33 pm Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
Finally, someone makes fun of my religion! I don't feel so left out anymore :cry:
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:37 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I dunno what to think with this one. For every awesome thing that happened, there was something meh to cancel it out. Mysterion? Greatness. Penn State jokes? got tired quick. Cartman's Yo Mamma so poor jokes? Rollercoaster of bad then good, bad then good, then good then enh. The ending was a surprise, and very what-tha-fuck-ly. That has to be one of the finest Kenny deaths ever though. I think Trey's finally found the most random death that "doesn't have anything to do with what's going on right now".

More later maybe. Need to go get food.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:37 pm Offline
...about damn time they made agnostic jokes. Now if only they can turn on the Athiests! :twisted:

But that was funny..."We don't know if god existed, but who says he doesn't, or who said he could be a robot or dinosaur" Whatever the rest is., who cares..f*ck you! :P

They couldn't drink anything but Dr. Pepper, I'd like die in that house :roll:

I will say the only other neg (besides not knowing what Kevin said) was Penn State. It was necessary and hilarious, but many a bit over the top, too much. maybe.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:40 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
mo303564 wrote:
...about damn time they made agnostic jokes. Now if only they can turn on the Athiests! :twisted:

Remember "Go God Go"?

11/10

I felt for everything in that episode. Kenny being a protective older brother, Cartman reaching new levels of being an assh*le, and the ending all tied it up nicely for me.
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:43 pm Offline
Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm20
Guys, I'm not saying this because I'm a Kenny fan, but that was the best episode of the season (for me!)

(Spoilers!!!!)

Loved Mysterion being a great big brother to Karen, The fact people corrected Cartman on how to pronounce names (My names not "Kahl"), Kenny Dying, and Cartman going back to being the Poor kid in the End. Honestly, it was aaaaall great (:

Maybe the overuse of Penn State and Your Momma jokes were kinda annoying but i'm pretty sure that was the point of them all, to be annoying.

10/10 for sure
t1CK
t0ck
8r8k
H34DS
honk
HONK
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 8:49 pm Offline
Mmm, I'm thirsty for a PBR right about now.

Well Kenny's story with his sister was going very well until it was taken over by Fatass in the dovetail at the end. I wanted Kenny to be the hero again, kind of like in act 2. I thought that's what would happen once the foster parents identified Mysterion as "some sort of agnostic angel."

Kenny's death hearkens back to like season 5 when they were running out of ideas of how to kill him and just tacked something on to the end. Some of those were among the best. Not sure if that was supposed to be a vulture or a dinosaur or what.

The repetition of yo mama & Penn State jokes never really did it for me. When Fatass starts telling them on himself, that was okay for a while, but really that wore thin otherwise. Although coming back to it after Kenny dies was okay. I did enjoy the idea of the thing happening to Fatass which he was making fun of Kenny for. And everyone calling him out for his weird pronunciations was a nice one for the die-hards familiar with all those Cartman-isms.

Lastly, the idea of a family of fundamentalist agnostics is pure genius. It's the opposite of what you'd expect in that situation, but still kind of similar and really lame for the kids involved.

Overall, this has been one of the strongest seasons in years. A lot more consistency in my opinion. The time the guys put in to Book of Mormon seems to have invigorated their writing.

Four more years! Four more years! Seriously, we get four more years!

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 7 of 8 110 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next