Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 10 142 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 11:27 pm Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
This episode was really interesting and funny, especially at the end :lol:
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 11:39 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
man this was so funny. i love how cartman kept singing. and the whole peen state joke made me laugh alot. but the whole i am in trouble thing was getting old. but im so glad they killed Kenny again too bad they didn't say there normal catch frase. it was funny to see a bird breaking inside the school and killing kenny. mysterion was great i thought they never brang him back. i liked how he protected his sister from those bullies. overall this ep gets a 8/10 but the whole season gets a C. can't wait for 16 to come. my favorites are

CBAA 9/10

The Poor Kid 8/10

Bass To Mouth 8/10

1% 8/10

Funny Bot 8/10

TMI 8/10

The Last Of The Meeheecans 7/10
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 pm Offline
Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:20 pm10
I figured Cartman would be the new poorest student based on a little snippet in "Here Comes the Neighboorhood." I was surprised Craig got mentioned too. I didn't think he would.

Anyway, this is definitely my favorite episode of the season. Every scene between Kenny and Karen was the best thing ever. I couldn't stop squeaking at the cuteness.

Also, the ending - amazing.

I can't wait for the next season.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 12:13 am Offline
Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:06 am1
first off, just wanna say this episode ROCKED! The past couple have been a little off to me, not as funny as I was expecting, but this one really made it all better :D

I kind of wish I had that poster in my room with the "Agnostic Oath" or whatever that was, it was hilarious! And Kenny being a super hero for his little sister was probably one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. It reminded me why I love him so much!

All in all, great 15th season ending!
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 12:13 am Offline
Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:07 am2
Awesome episode, I figured violence was around the corner when Cartman Went musical again, but I never expected that to happen. Anyway I'll be glad to see Kenny Next season.
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
to be honest i thought that lil poor kid that was sitting on the stares was kinda cute in my opinion. i don't know why it just happens to me sometimes.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 12:16 am Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
I really liked this episode. At LEAST 9/10. I tend to enjoy all episodes centered around Cartman.

Dr. Pepper is my favorite drink and I also like drinking Pabst beer only because it's one of the cheaper beers to buy.

I like how we can see the kids growing up (maturing), except for Cartman, of course, although a little while ago he parted with his dolls. Maybe that's some improvement. Kenny watching over his little sister by becoming her hero (Mysterion) was not only a surprise, but was a nice thing. Bullying has been in the news as a lot of you know, but I don't know if I support the bully getting an ass kicking (particularly a boy beating up a girl). I really hope the message that gets across is that anyone that is bullied needs to stick up for themselves and do the right thing to fix the problem. That is, get their parent(s) involved and let them deal with the situation.

Cartman...OMFG so many "Yo momma" jokes. EPIC!! I wonder if he was the one to plant the meth labs in his and Kenny's backyard. Also, how he wanted to go to Hawaii, but he ended up in "the exact opposite of Hawaii".

The Penn State, Catholic jokes were awesome. That and Joe Paterno joke.

..and of course, once again, we come to the realization that "the system has failed".
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 12:17 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
WOW...what an awesome episode to celebrate the announcement of FIVE more years of South Park!

So many great things about this episode. Here they are as I think of them:

Karen McCormick...awww, she's such a cute character! I really like her close relationship with Kenny and how Kenny stood up for her in Mysterion garb. She's now my second-favorite female character after Wendy. Such a shame it took SO long for M&T to finally give her a role in SP.

The Penn State jokes...they're no-brainers, but still pretty funny. Nice of M&T to join Jon Stewart in spoofing the ridiculous nature of the scandal.

Cartman's inferiority complex...man he's so insecure about himself that he needs to mock someone just to feel good, even if that someone is himself. And when he gets all phobic about Kyle outsmarting him a-la Cartman Sucks...that was classic.

The agnosticism spoof...nice for M&T to go Death Camp of Tolerance on this one. Now they've finally spoofed all walks of religions in the world! (well...except Rastafarianism maybe...)

Kenny's death at the end...you know it's awesome when Stan & Kyle are so stunned by it that they couldn't even say their usual lines. And then the fatass goes right back to mocking himself...haha! My new favorite Kenny death!

Overall, it's a 9.4/10. My 7th favorite SP episode of all time, right between Follow That Egg and AWESOM-O. Enjoy your well-deserved break M&T and the SP crew! Thanks for an awesome Season 15, and here's to 5 more seasons of awesomeness!

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Last edited by JerWu17 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 12:20 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
i figured they'd have no way to execute a kenny episode without mysterion, but was i glad when he showed up. Kenny's death was...unique, to say the least.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 12:40 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
That was a really good episode, story-wise. It wasn't the funniest but it still was enjoyable. It was funny how the McCormicks didn't even notice they were on TV- :lol: . Love moments like that. Now I get why Kenny was no longer in SP Elementary. Is Greeley really that bad? I've never been. I didn't get the Penn State jokes. At all. Cartman singing about the poor kids- LOL!! My fav thing about it was Kenny as Mysterion, there to look out for his sister. That was so sweet. :) It was the fact it wasn't necessarily a Coon episode or Coon and Friends kinda thing. Just Kenny doing what he could to be there for Karen. I'd like to see the boys in their super hero alter egos again, used in that way. Hey, with the news of 5 more seasons it could very well happen. :wink:
Oh I saw it coming, Cartman being the poorest after Kenny XD. Then thinking he's off to Hawaii but instead... and the agnostic foster home was a pretty funny idea. Although those poor kids... :( But would they really be going to a better place, home, in the end? Obviously they're in foster care for a reason.

Kenny's death at the end... LOL wtf was that?! :lol: Wish we heard Stan say 'OMG they killed Kenny!'. I hate missed opportunities like that. It's what the fans want!

I give this a 8/10 atm. Shall watch tomorrow hopefully. Night ya'll. 8)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 12:53 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
A 20 minute song and dance number with a firework finale I had to laugh at that.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Pre-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 1:10 am Offline
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 am12
James--76 wrote:
I would have liked Kenny to be the hero at the end and save the kids as Mysterion but how it all ended was cool

He did, though! He put the Pabst in the fridge to got the foster parents arrested and the children found. Kenny finally got to be the hero.

10/10 for this ep. It was perfect for me.

1. We finally got more Mysterion. And he finally gets to be the hero.
2. We see the relationship between Kenny and Karen. I'm sure any little sisters watching the show got their heartsrtings pulled a little when he came to her bedroom window, just like I did.
3. Loved the yo momma jokes. I come from a poor family, so a lot of it was just me laughing at myself. The Penn State jokes were funny, too, but not as much.
4. The commentary on the foster care system was very well done. It didn't overwhelm the story line at all.
5. The Agnostic side-commentary was also well done.
6. Funny, relevant Kenny death!

The only thing about the ep that was iffy for me was Kenny beating up a girl. But, they're kids on a playground and he was defending his little sister. And she was bigger than him. . . . I let it slide.

Great job, M&T! It was just what I wanted.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 1:24 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Niels0827 from the pre-air thread wrote:
I loved it. Not the funniest episode, but it's about the kids being themselves. I loved how Kenny threw firecrackers at that Jenny kid. And Kenny died, too. What the fuck was that thing? Looked like a vulture or a condor. Or a dodo.

8.5/10

It's right from Mr. Whetherhead introducing the rules to Cartman of the possibility of a giant reptilian bird in charge of everything; that was the referred to bird that killed Kenny :wink:

Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 1:24 am Offline
Tue May 12, 2009 10:03 pm2
As an Agnostic, i thought this episode was hilarious but then again maybe i'm wrong, how could i possibly know.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 1:50 am Offline
Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:57 am1
completely enjoyed this episode, loved every yo moma and penn st joke, and totally psyched mysterion came back around! I think what may have got me the most though was kenny's death via a giant reptilian bird...needless to say, i love you matt n trey :D

Sort by  
Page 2 of 10 142 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next