Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 10 142 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 3:49 pm Offline
Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:13 am2
boring
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 5:56 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
With 5 more years to go now, we can always hope for more character development from secondary people, but you never know. Seeing more of Kenny's family would be great, but I'd settle for a few more episodes with Karen in them. The best thing about many of the shows this season is that it leaves the speculation wide open for what's to come in season 16. Very few storylines can be ruled out. :)
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 6:04 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
JVM wrote:
"Get back to bed, Karen."

Should be "Get back in the kitchen, Karen."

No but seriously, this episode is in a run for its money. I think this is a pretty good episode, beaten only by Bass to Mouth and T.M.I. I'd give this a 9/10 because of great storyline and Cartman jokes are really funny, although I don't get the Penn State thing at all.

Hope M&T rise hard these next 5 years.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 6:33 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
NeuroHeart wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
Is Greeley really that bad? I've never been.

I live in northern Colorado, and I have been to Greeley because there's a campus there. I will state for the record that it is that bad. Western Greeley is kind of okay, but the rest of it is run-down and smells terrible because there's two or three slaughterhouses out there.

Ahh, okay. My aunt lives in Fort Collins and that's the only city I'm familiar with.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 10:10 pm Offline
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 pm84
Quite enjoyed this one. Interesting story, bit deep. I liked that Kenny is his sister's guardian angel. The death at the end was completely unexpected.. was the bird from somewhere or a reference to something?
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
NeuroHeart wrote:
I live in northern Colorado, and I have been to Greeley because there's a campus there. I will state for the record that it is that bad. Western Greeley is kind of okay, but the rest of it is run-down and smells terrible because there's two or three slaughterhouses out there.

Shane just moved to Greeley a couple weeks back. He says it sucks ass, that more people speak Spanish than English, and that it smells terrible. From what I can find, Hispanics only make up 35% of the people, though. He must be on the "other" side of town.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
John_117 wrote:
JVM wrote:
"Get back to bed, Karen."

Should be "Get back in the kitchen, Karen."

No but seriously, this episode is in a run for its money. I think this is a pretty good episode, beaten only by Bass to Mouth and T.M.I. I'd give this a 9/10 because of great storyline and Cartman jokes are really funny, although I don't get the Penn State thing at all.

Hope M&T rise hard these next 5 years.

You don't follow college football, I take it?

Assistant coach in their football program is a bit of a pedo, and was seen "in action" nine years ago. Nobody really spoke up much until now, and that cost everybody their jobs, including their head coach, Joe Paterno, who had recently set a record for career wins in college football's main division.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 17, 2011 11:45 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Niels0827 wrote:
From what I can find, Hispanics only make up 35% of the people, though.

Pfft, officially maybe. Police raided the slaughterhouses a couple months ago and hundreds of illegal workers got deported, though. Doubt they were the only ones. And yeah, if he lives in east Greeley, he's bound to notice it more.
Stanluv, Fort Collins is about forty minutes from Greeley. I lived in Fort Collins for many years, and will probably end up at CSU for at least a little while. That or CU, but I live closer to Fort Collins than Boulder. (Definitely don't want to go to UNC, for reasons previously stated regarding how much Greeley smells.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 18, 2011 12:52 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Niels0827 wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:

Shane just moved to Greeley a couple weeks back. He says it sucks ass, that more people speak Spanish than English, and that it smells terrible. From what I can find, Hispanics only make up 35% of the people, though. He must be on the "other" side of town.

Poor Shane. :( I live in South California and hear nothing but Spanish wherever I go. *starts to sing Too Many Minorities*

Le sigh....
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 18, 2011 1:00 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:34 pm4
Was the Dr. Pepper thing an M&T self-spoof on the fact that they have been subtly promoting it so much in their recent episodes.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 18, 2011 1:04 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Seems they love the soda, but still need permission to spell it properly. If you look at the bottles and other products, it's still Dr Pep-er.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 18, 2011 1:44 am Offline
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 am12
Where in the episode does Kanny say, "Go back to bed, Karen"? I've watched it a couple times and I can't find it.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 18, 2011 2:05 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
It's not there, but someone might have misheard Kenny saying something to her.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
Did someone from the SP crew red the pre-air discussion? Seems to me they did exactly what the fans wanted. Kenny's sister's name is now officially Karen, we saw their relationship, Mysterion saved the day and Kenny died in one of the most bizarre ways.
All in all a very good episode. Bit too much Cartman, although he was hilarious. And I was disappointed how little air time Stan and Kyle got.
A great season finale.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 18, 2011 9:48 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
The SP crew never reads, or at least pays attention to the pre-air discussion that any of us are aware of. Most likely, after 15 years, some episodes just write themselves in part. And after 15 years, the fanbase has gotten pretty good at predicting the likely story progression from week to week, given the little info we get from the Monday pre-release video.
As for using the name Karen for Kenny's little sister, thats been bounced around and debated for more than 10 years. So maybe her name just sorta became cannon without anyone realizing it.

Sort by  
Page 5 of 10 142 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next