Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 6 of 10 142 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 18, 2011 10:10 am Offline
Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:23 pm60NY, NY
maxbjr wrote:
The SP crew never reads, or at least pays attention to the pre-air discussion that any of us are aware of. Most likely, after 15 years, some episodes just write themselves in part. And after 15 years, the fanbase has gotten pretty good at predicting the likely story progression from week to week, given the little info we get from the Monday pre-release video.
As for using the name Karen for Kenny's little sister, thats been bounced around and debated for more than 10 years. So maybe her name just sorta became cannon without anyone realizing it.

Damn predictability of south park! One word why M&T are still doing this, Money. Its nice to have a job doing something you can completely have control over, get paid pretty well for, and is recognized by the majority of tv owners; even if it is getting old to your fans. The shock of when south park first came out is now gone. The episodes probably do write themselves, by now the fella's are probably like; 'hey thats kinda funny, I can see hmmmm...Cartman doing that' and then just make an entire episode about a new twist on cartman doing his old shinannagins. The M&T boys have to be pretty tired of doing this by now; if i had the same job for fifteen years, the only things i would look foreward to are seniority and job stability. But the run for them is another five years, so, I guess they can laugh all the way to the bank.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 18, 2011 8:48 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Niels0827 from the pre-air thread wrote:
I loved it. Not the funniest episode, but it's about the kids being themselves. I loved how Kenny threw firecrackers at that Jenny kid. And Kenny died, too. What the fuck was that thing? Looked like a vulture or a condor. Or a dodo.

8.5/10

It's right from Mr. Whetherhead introducing the rules to Cartman of the possibility of a giant reptilian bird in charge of everything; that was the referred to bird that killed Kenny :wink:

LOL. Brilliant.

That is clever.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 18, 2011 11:18 pm Offline
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 am12
phrosty wrote:

Its nice to have a job doing something you can completely have control over, get paid pretty well for, and is recognized by the majority of tv owners; even if it is getting old to your fans. The shock of when south park first came out is now gone.

I've been watching since season 3 and I still love the show. Yes, the show's changed from shock comedy to something more mature (usually), but I like that. SP grew up with me as much as I grew up with it.

Earlier in the season, I thought I was losing interest in the show. I hoped so badly that M&T were just burnt out from doing SP and BoM and once the Last of the Meheecans came out, I knew I was right. This week's episode was not only my favorite of the season, but my favorite for the past few years. If M&T think they have another 5 years in them, I'll watch.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 19, 2011 7:00 am Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
And yes, Mysterion does call his sister Karen, so it is official. Don't believe me, click the second thing on the front page slider to get the clip.

And yes, the Kenny death at the end was reference to the giant reptilian bird the Weatherheads were talking about.

Here's how I rank my top 4:
1.Crack Baby Athletic Association
2.T.M.I.
3.The Last of the Meheecans
4.The Poor Kid

For the episode over all, it's a 9/10. The Weatherheads creeped me out. I loved the Mysterion parts. I lol'd my a** of at the Cartman subplot and how he thought he was going to Hawaii.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 19, 2011 12:31 pm Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 pm28
Jesus Christ some of you guys take this show waaay too freaking seriously. How do you write fan fiction about South Park?? weird. And not just in this thread but in others... some of the posters to this forum get so emotional about characters dying or being injured or going through emotional distress... it's not a drama people. Not to say that you can't become attached to some of the characters... but the overwhelming majority of the time when they play something as emotional or sad they are doing parody of dramatic shows and again, it's supposed to be funny. Farce. Satire.

I don't want to tell anyone they can't enjoy the show however they choose to... it's just... so freaking weird to read some of these comments. Did you guys cry when Alfred Packer was eating those people at the beginning of Cannibal! the Musical? Or were you wandering what kind of troubling childhood the director character in Orgasmo had that led him to being such a cold and emotionally unavailable adult? Have some of you written BASEketball sports fan fiction? So freaking weird...

Anywho...

I thought it was just a so-so episode. Par for the course for the show over the last 3 years or so. The season finished relatively strong IMO compared to the last 2 seasons as a whole, but still weak next to the shows hey day and I think in retrospect most of us will end up agreeing that it would have been smarter if they had just ended the whole thing with "You're Getting Old"
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 19, 2011 1:06 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
kalbahamut wrote:
Jesus Christ some of you guys take this show waaay too freaking seriously. How do you write fan fiction about South Park?? weird. And not just in this thread but in others... some of the posters to this forum get so emotional about characters dying or being injured or going through emotional distress... it's not a drama people. Not to say that you can't become attached to some of the characters... but the overwhelming majority of the time when they play something as emotional or sad they are doing parody of dramatic shows and again, it's supposed to be funny. Farce. Satire.

I don't want to tell anyone they can't enjoy the show however they choose to... it's just... so freaking weird to read some of these comments. Did you guys cry when Alfred Packer was eating those people at the beginning of Cannibal! the Musical? Or were you wandering what kind of troubling childhood the director character in Orgasmo had that led him to being such a cold and emotionally unavailable adult? Have some of you written BASEketball sports fan fiction? So freaking weird...

So your reaction here is to go on a long rant about how people shouldn't be at all emotionally involved in one of their favorite shows? You are taking fairly typical fan reaction - and yourself - way too seriously.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 19, 2011 1:19 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
kalbahamut wrote:
I thought it was just a so-so episode. Par for the course for the show over the last 3 years or so. The season finished relatively strong IMO compared to the last 2 seasons as a whole, but still weak next to the shows hey day and I think in retrospect most of us will end up agreeing that it would have been smarter if they had just ended the whole thing with "You're Getting Old"

No, youre wrong here. Most of us don't think the show should have ended with "You're getting old". As far as the shows heyday, well that happened during whatever season you, (or me, or anyone else), liked the best. For some people its seasons 2-5, others its seasons 11-15. South Park has changed over the last 15 years. Some (like me), like the changes, some don't. Never the less, SP is never going back to the mythical "good old days". It's moving forward, and I for one am greatful for that.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 19, 2011 4:11 pm Offline
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 am12
kalbahamut wrote:
I think in retrospect most of us will end up agreeing that it would have been smarter if they had just ended the whole thing with "You're Getting Old"

I would have been pissed to sh*t if they had ended the series with such a depressing, unsatisfying episode. And, after seeing the rest of this season, I will never look back and wish they had.

As for us getting emotionally attached to the characters, that's to be expected in a show with such a long run. There is plenty of Simpsons fanfiction out there. There's Daria fanfiction. It's entertainment and story-telling, whether it's comedy or drama. People immerse themselves in it. Nothing wrong with that unless it gets in the way of their day-to-day lives and relationships.

I was personally moved by this episode because it hit really home for me. I had a similar relationship with my brother that Karen did when we were going through our family sh*t. It might be satire but I connected to it. That's what story-telling it supposed to do.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 19, 2011 4:15 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
kalbahamut wrote:

Anywho...

Come on! South Park is officially renewed till season 20, so you still have 5 more seasons to watch. If you don't like it, stop complaining and stop watching! And don't be so cynical, or you're just going to see s*** everywhere.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 20, 2011 1:05 am Offline
Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 am600Hell >:D
My favorite episode from season 15 (though Stan's saga was pretty good as well).

Loved Mysterion and his and Karen moments made me literally go "awww". Awesome finale, I wasn't expecting it to be this good.

Off-topic, any word on when season 16 starts?
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 20, 2011 1:52 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
OT: Mid-March, which can only mean March 14.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 20, 2011 2:04 am Offline
Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 am600Hell >:D
Big-Will wrote:

Thank you!

Sorry for the spam. I don't wanna get in the middle of a fight, but I think it's normal for someone to feel bad if their favorite character (fiction-books, movies, TV, ect) got killed off. Of course this is South Park, so I'm willing to accept anyone dying, it's their show after all.

(But I do miss Pip.)
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 20, 2011 8:43 am Offline
Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 am6
kalbahamut wrote:

Anywho...

You must be new here.

In the internets, we call them fandoms.

When everything is over-analyzed about the show, everything is fanart and fanfiction and shipping and sh*t. Nothing new to see here.
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 20, 2011 1:07 pm Offline
Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:08 pm1
Man, I thought this episode was really sweet, and funny. I think this episode is going on to my top 10 favorite episodes of all time. :D
Re: *1514: The Poor Kid* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 20, 2011 1:52 pm Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm28
Big-Will wrote:

yesss.... I can't wait :)

kalbahamut wrote:

Hi, I am an avid South Park Fanfiction writer myself. I have a notebook filled with the misadventures of the characters from South Park. If you don't like fanfic, don't read it. Gosh. >.<

kalbahamut wrote:
The season finished relatively strong IMO compared to the last 2 seasons as a whole, but still weak next to the shows hey day and I think in retrospect most of us will end up agreeing that it would have been smarter if they had just ended the whole thing with "You're Getting Old"

Omigosh no. "You're Getting Old" made it hard for me to sleep at night. I was not in the mood for another cliffhanger. A cliffhanger leads me to write fanfic so I can get some internal peace. :/
Mrs. Kenny McCormick

Sort by  
Page 6 of 10 142 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next