Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 6 of 11 163 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 7:28 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I thought it was a great for a 1st episode in a new season. A few parts with the TSA agents dragged abit now and then. But over all those scenes were great. It looks like Clyde and Jimmy are picking up where they left off, as main secondary charactors who are sharing more of the spotlight with the main kids.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 7:37 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
I liked it, would rate it a 7/10.

Poor Clyde!! He only has one testicle, got his ass kicked by the Coon, and now loses his Mom to boot. And her blood is on his weiner!
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 8:45 am Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
oh my goodness I LOVED this episode!!! I had such a crappy day yesterday and was desperately counting on the kick off of sweet 16 to make me laugh. And it DID! :D

I love Clyde. And although I didn't exactly love the idea of him being the fault of his mother's death, it was still hilarious to me that they chose Clyde.

Cartman calling Kyle to retell the story with all the facts twisted was hilarious. The bathroom security was hilarious. Oh my, poor Gerald!! ;p But I guess he didn't mind it too much.

That nasty cop monitoring all the bathroom cams and then Cartman bringing in that gun, the baby and the hostage... Loved it.

Then of course the ending. Clyde flipping off the new rules and leaving the seat up anyway. Brilliant!

Loved it loved it loved it. Can't wait for next week. Thank GOD sp is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this-
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Poor Clyde!! He only has one testicle, got his ass kicked by the Coon, and now loses his Mom to boot. And her blood is on his weiner!
I don't have a signature
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 9:27 am Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
Stanluv25 wrote:
South Park Jesus wrote:
the responsibility of ensuring everything is in order for use is in who's hands? The person using the toilet obviously. *shrug*

I think the responsibility is on whoever used it last. If you don't clean up the seat, I feel makes you look lazy and disrespectful and like you don't care about the next person who's going to use it.

Agreed. There's no reason to leave things in disorder. The same applies to all things: If you have dirty dishes, it's not the responsibility of whoever uses them next to see to it that they're clean; you should wash them. If you share a car, it's not the responsibility of the next person driving it to make sure it has fuel and can be driven; you should fill the tank. If you have a cordless phone, it's not the responsibility of the next person using it to know where it is; you should put it back in its cradle. When you do laundry, it's not the responsibility of the next person using the machines to clean the lint trap; you should do that when you're done. When you use a toilet, you should wipe up any mess (this goes for those women who "hover" as well) and put the lid down. Is any of this getting through? Is there some weird perception that if you're done, that's all there is to it? Grow up.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 10:29 am Offline
Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:07 pm8
Good God!!! This episode was unbelievable Swiftian! I'm not quite sure if it was trying to satirize other things besides the classic battle of the sexes argument over where the toilet seat should be, but it still is most effective on that point alone. When I saw the men in favor of the toilet seat standing up, and the women in favor of it sitting down, I kind a saw it as the bathroom reinterpretation of the Large Enders and Small Enders divide among the Lilliputs and the Blefescus in GULLIVER'S TRAVELS (they're the little people, who are fighting over which is the proper way to break a boiled egg's shell: the large end, or the small end.) Cracking the large end of the egg can give you finger blisters, which is why the other little people have gone over to the small end. The SP equivalent of this is Clyde's mother being killed by the unseated toilet, and so others are required to sit with the seat down (it seemed that they were all required to sit down). Of course, they're not EXACTLY similar, but I just thought it would be an interesting parallel to draw.

Overall, I think that Clyde's mother was the most overzealous and psychotic of the mothers (not before, just this episode) of all of the women in SP, especially when she unflinchingly humiliates her son in front of his friends and while he's school just so he could keep the toilet seat down. Previous SP episodes usually have parents overload their children with unrealistic and irrational pressures and expectations, and this episode follows the underlining motif consistently. She wastes valuable bathroom time just to enforce a point on Clyde. She could've just had her husband do it for her, so that she doesn't have to torture Clyde everytime he makes a mistake. After she died, I don't Clyde deserved to be blamed for his mother's death. He is only a kid, and making a kid's negligence be a symbol of masculine carelessness in the bathroom is overkill for a kid's mentality.

The deus ex machina at the end of the episode was almost satisfying. I was glad to see Clyde's mother's ghost stop the lawyer from embezzling them all, but I got annoyed when she kept blaming Clyde for her death. The real DXM came from the inventor of the toilet, and I was pleased that he told her, and everyone else, off for using the toilet seat wrong. I would have liked to have seen more protestions from Clyde's mom being told off by the inventor, but that single rebuke of his was enough.

That's another underlying theme of T&M's: that the two arguing sides on an issue have both only seen the issue upside down, and therefore have made faulty arguments over unreliable knowledge.

It was an interesting beginner episode, and I wonder how the next episodes will unfold.

P.S. So every single draft of T&M's is a first draft?! That explains the spontanaety of a LOT of episodes. Still, that fact makes their efforts all the more impressive.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 11:31 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Sitting the "right" way is fine if you're a boy, but once your legs are long enough, it just doesn't work. You'd need to elevate the tank high enough for your legs to fit in without you feeling like a spread-open turkey.

Neutered Man wrote:
P.S. So every single draft of T&M's is a first draft?! That explains the spontanaety of a LOT of episodes. Still, that fact makes their efforts all the more impressive.

Not every single one, but most times, yep. And then there's the Janet Reno / Elian incident, which made them work like jackhammers to get that into the episode.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 1:29 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
AtheistOtter wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
South Park Jesus wrote:
the responsibility of ensuring everything is in order for use is in who's hands? The person using the toilet obviously. *shrug*

I think the responsibility is on whoever used it last. If you don't clean up the seat, I feel makes you look lazy and disrespectful and like you don't care about the next person who's going to use it.

Agreed. There's no reason to leave things in disorder. The same applies to all things: If you have dirty dishes, it's not the responsibility of whoever uses them next to see to it that they're clean; you should wash them. If you share a car, it's not the responsibility of the next person driving it to make sure it has fuel and can be driven; you should fill the tank. If you have a cordless phone, it's not the responsibility of the next person using it to know where it is; you should put it back in its cradle. When you do laundry, it's not the responsibility of the next person using the machines to clean the lint trap; you should do that when you're done. When you use a toilet, you should wipe up any mess (this goes for those women who "hover" as well) and put the lid down. Is any of this getting through? Is there some weird perception that if you're done, that's all there is to it? Grow up.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Don't get me started on the dishes- I am so sick of seeing dirty dishes in the sink!! My sister and I are the only ones in this apartment who bother to rinse off our dishes and put them in the dishwasher right after. There is nothing more annoying than having to put a plate you did not use in the dishwasher too. It is not that hard to put it in the dishwasher after it is done! I hate that my brother thinks 'oh, someone else will do it.' ARGH. I hate cleaning someone else's lint from the lint tray too. And of course, the toilet. I am so adamant about people cleaning up after themselves. Once my child is old enough he damn will have cleaning responsibilities too and will not be one of the lazy men out there who don't bother putting the lid down!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 1:44 pm Offline
Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:39 am9
i think its a great episode to start the season and its cool to see a little change in south park with the death and i love clyde
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 2:06 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7971Montgomery, AL
Best parts:
-Cartman retelling the story to Kyle and Clyde over the phone when they witnessed it (and the story is even about Clyde, adding to the hilarity).
-The way Butters sits on the toilet and the fact that it turned out to be the correct way to sit on the toilet.
-"Let me see inside your aaaaaaasshole!"
-Clyde's mother retaining her position in the casket. She went through rigamortis pretty quickly.
-The ending. F*ck you, dead mom!

Overall, not my favorite episode, but not a bad start to the season. I'll give it 8/10.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 2:13 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
I loved it. Best season premiere since With Apologies to Jesse Jackson.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 3:17 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
When I saw the preview, I thought this episode would suck. Turns out M&T were messing with us.

This episode was amazing, and it made me laugh from the beginning through the end. I especially like the part with the creepy security guy in the camera room watching all the people in the toilets. I also loved Cartman. He was funny (like always), but he did bad things to achieve a good thing.

Probably the best season opener since "Jared Has Aides". 9/10 for me.

@ Above discussion: I have a brother and a sister, and my entire family don't seem to mind if the seat is put up or not. Now obviously, clean up the toilet seat because if you don't, that's nasty, but still, it's not that hard to look before you go pee. Same with men. They need to look if the toilet seat is down or not before they go pee.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 pm Offline
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
WTF CLYDES MOM? WHYD THEY HAVE TO KILL HER? And butters was precious. Cartman was pretty funny, had a lot of great moments. Kyle was great. and gerald broflovski wasnt even, lol what the f*ck was up with him? And the person watching all those cameras fsalkjflsdLoved the take on airport security. I wanted to see this one with my friends, but due to...issues i had to wait to see it. I've gotta watch it again, i almost missed kenny the first time I watched it. Poor clyde. Poor clyde. I feel so bad for him, my mouth was like :O

And if you schlop all over the seat, for gods sake, clean it up! NO EXCUSES!!
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 5:05 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
A lot of people are discussing if you sh*t on the seat, but that's not what it's about, it's about leaving it up or down. I've never had to deal with it but I think it's a two-way street: Men should leave it down, women should look. Neither is too much to ask. I, for one, do leave the seat down.

Spotted more people on the TSA Monitors, all of them in the second, longer scene, only a few in the first:
- Filmore
- Second Old Man from "You're Getting Old"
- Dr. Chinstrap from "Insheeption"
- mirrored and adjusted pallete Dr. Janus
- a red-haired pallete swap of Annie
- a Sixth Grader (fatter one)
- Michael from "Up the Down Steroid"
- Heidi Turner
- Mercedes from "Raisins" (Casual outfit)
- Sarah Peterson from "Lil Crime Stoppers" (Not positive)
- Mr. Adler? (Not positive)
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 6:22 pm Offline
Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:24 pm26
I've been waiting 2.5 years now for a good south park episode. sadly, this one didn't even come close. the simpsons have had some bad seasons over the years but they never got as consistently bad as the last 2.5 seasons of south park.
Re: *1601: Reverse Cowgirl* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 15, 2012 6:37 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
This was great. I just need to check your aaaaaaasss howwwl
Stan and Kyle :)

Sort by  
Page 6 of 11 163 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next