Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 3 of 5 65 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 10:06 am Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm27
Peyton Manning is coming to the Broncos! It would be funny if Matt and Trey add something to this episode to reflect this!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 10:09 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Looks great! :lol:

Starns: They probably will.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 10:14 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Peyton screwed my Niners out of a great QB.

Anyways. This episode looks promising. Stan/Cartman episode!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 10:38 am Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
They may change the episode? Peyton Manning going to the Broncos.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 10:45 am Offline
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm561
Sorry if someone said this before, too lazy to read all the previous posts.

I think Stan's Grandpa loses all his retirement funds by trading them for gold while listening to Glenn Beck's radio show and being told to invest in Cash 4 Gold.

Also, they better sh*t on the gold standard or I will be a sad panda. I want to see Libertarians come to the board and bitch about it.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 11:13 am Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
This episode could make fun of the following places, companies, and people...

Taco Bell
Cash 4 Gold
Peyton Manning
QMC

Hell, if they begin making fun of "Shark Tank" I'd be sooo happy. :P Doubt that will happen though. Same with Bill O'Reilly but they already did him in one episode *sorta*
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 12:00 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Wait just a minute, we've seen this episode before.
Quote:
New York, Monday, March 19, 2012 - Cartman starts his own gem shopping channel on an all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Cash For Gold," premiering Wednesday, March 21 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.
Cartman launches a gemstones network show and creates a very lucrative business. Stan searches for the real value of a piece of jewelry that was a gift from his Grandpa. Meanwhile, Cartman's lucrative new business preys upon an extremely vunerable clientele

If I remember correctly, Cartman recently launched a lucrative business exploiting the extremely vulnerable*, spelled wrong in the description, (CBAA) and Stan searching from worth or value, we've seen that in Margaritaville. Also tacos were referenced too many times over the years, cancelled, pancake head, insheeption, ect, I hope for M&T's sake they don't just recycle the same ideas over again. I like Cartman and Butters episodes, they should have at least one in every season, but M&T usually use them when their thin on original ideas, or are spacing out really creative ideas. I like what Barrack Obama said above.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 12:12 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Hell, you can always go back to "Tooth Fairy's Tats 2000" to see Cartman try to "get rich quick."
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
While a couple of the ideas seem a little recycled I'm not too worried. Matt and Trey have a way to keep things fresh and new and exciting. They've never played on gems or things like that before so who know where that may go. I just hope Stan and Cartman team up in it, those two are fun together since Stan is the only one who really puts up with Cartman when Kyle's out of the picture.

Really looking forward to the eppy!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 12:56 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
Barack_Obama pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. This episode will likely be M&T's commentary on the whole gold-standard spiel and cash-for-gold firms. I'm surprised that they did not use this idea until now, considering how long Glenn Beck have been using his shows to freak viewers into buying gold to line his own pockets as a Goldline spokesperson.

The released episode summary (Stan's subplot especially) really reminds me of the Margaritaville episode. M&T stated in that episode through Kyle that it is only our faith in money's value that gives it actual value. It is quite likely that they will use this same point for gold, that it has the same value liquidity as money.

As for who the extremely vulnerable clientele mentioned in the press release may be, I'm guessing the girls (except Wendy).

I'm excited for this episode. It has great potential to be a good one, certainly better than 1601.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 1:42 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I wonder who these extremely vulnerable customers Cartman is taking advantage of. The girls? Jews?
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 2:09 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
How much of the jewelry that Cartman is wearing came from the girls? :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 2:20 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Two days is plenty of time to write Peyton into the script. :lol:

Cartman doing a cash for gold scam fits his character perfectly. It's also part of the appeal to me personally of the Guilded Age of South Park. Fatass spends several episodes with various schemes to get himself 10 million dollars and I loved 'em. It's part of the reason I enjoyed Crack Baby Athletic Association so much last season.

As much as people are wondering what they'll do with Grandpa Marsh this week, I wouldn't get too excited. Fatass and Butters run cash for gold in an A story and Stan's going around to find the value of that heirloom for a B story. That doesn't leave enough time for Grandpa Marsh to do anything except provide the launching point for those two stories. My guess is 5 minutes in, we'll have seen the last of him for the episode.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 2:55 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I guess it looks like the girls will be a part of the plot in this one. I hope Wendy can expose Fatass' giant jewel scam.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 3:22 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
triplemultiplex wrote:
Two days is plenty of time to write Peyton into the script. :lol:

Cartman doing a cash for gold scam fits his character perfectly. It's also part of the appeal to me personally of the Guilded Age of South Park. Fatass spends several episodes with various schemes to get himself 10 million dollars and I loved 'em. It's part of the reason I enjoyed Crack Baby Athletic Association so much last season.

As much as people are wondering what they'll do with Grandpa Marsh this week, I wouldn't get too excited. Fatass and Butters run cash for gold in an A story and Stan's going around to find the value of that heirloom for a B story. That doesn't leave enough time for Grandpa Marsh to do anything except provide the launching point for those two stories. My guess is 5 minutes in, we'll have seen the last of him for the episode.

It's enough time for Grandpa to kick the can. I don't know what other reason he would give Stan the necklace thing if he wasn't dying. But I know to be surprised by anything Matt and Trey do so who knows.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 3 of 5 65 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next