Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 5 65 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 5:18 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Stanluv25 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
Two days is plenty of time to write Peyton into the script. :lol:

Cartman doing a cash for gold scam fits his character perfectly. It's also part of the appeal to me personally of the Guilded Age of South Park. Fatass spends several episodes with various schemes to get himself 10 million dollars and I loved 'em. It's part of the reason I enjoyed Crack Baby Athletic Association so much last season.

As much as people are wondering what they'll do with Grandpa Marsh this week, I wouldn't get too excited. Fatass and Butters run cash for gold in an A story and Stan's going around to find the value of that heirloom for a B story. That doesn't leave enough time for Grandpa Marsh to do anything except provide the launching point for those two stories. My guess is 5 minutes in, we'll have seen the last of him for the episode.

It's enough time for Grandpa to kick the can. I don't know what other reason he would give Stan the necklace thing if he wasn't dying. But I know to be surprised by anything Matt and Trey do so who knows.

Maybe Grandpa buys Stan a gift for some occasion, and being out of touch with the times, buys Stan a very girly looking necklace instead of something Stan might want (Video game, toy, etc), so Stan tries to sell and pawn it rather than wear it or dump it off on Wendy.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 5:30 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Stanluv25 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:

Cartman doing a cash for gold scam fits his character perfectly. It's also part of the appeal to me personally of the Guilded Age of South Park. Fatass spends several episodes with various schemes to get himself 10 million dollars and I loved 'em. It's part of the reason I enjoyed Crack Baby Athletic Association so much last season.

As much as people are wondering what they'll do with Grandpa Marsh this week, I wouldn't get too excited. Fatass and Butters run cash for gold in an A story and Stan's going around to find the value of that heirloom for a B story. That doesn't leave enough time for Grandpa Marsh to do anything except provide the launching point for those two stories. My guess is 5 minutes in, we'll have seen the last of him for the episode.

It's enough time for Grandpa to kick the can. I don't know what other reason he would give Stan the necklace thing if he wasn't dying. But I know to be surprised by anything Matt and Trey do so who knows.

Triplemultiplex, the excitement over Grampa is that he's doing anything at all, even if it's just a handful of lines to launch the plot - it's nice he's alive and didn't just "die in Iraq" (i.e. killed off-screen)

While it's certainly possible he's dying, there's nothing saying he can't give Stan a gift. We actually know nothing of Grampa's personality besides being suicidal, but he does seem to care about Stan at least in his other appearances.

It's really unpredictable. I'm just happy to see him in any capacity. I remember long before "201" aired half-jokingly saying in a group chat "I wish they'd bring Pip back, even if they just killed him off." (Do regret that a bit now :()
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 19, 2012 8:44 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
I have no idea what I will expect from this episode. If there's one thing I learned from his past previews, it's that M&T love messing with their fans (making them believe one thing when a different reality occurs).
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 20, 2012 12:11 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
HAcoreRD wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:

Maybe Grandpa buys Stan a gift for some occasion, and being out of touch with the times, buys Stan a very girly looking necklace instead of something Stan might want (Video game, toy, etc), so Stan tries to sell and pawn it rather than wear it or dump it off on Wendy.

Hm, makes sense. It would be funnier since Stan would be like, 'wtf is this?' and ya, it's not some toy or video game or money. I guess it is the excitement Grandpa is doing anything at all, as was posted.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 20, 2012 11:25 am Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Yes but why tacos, lol. Has the value of the South Park dollar hit so low that we're trading our precious 14 karrot golden turquoise diamond Bolos for mere tacos at taco bell. I guess I can hope that Stan gets a larger B plot, more than the margaritaville episode.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 20, 2012 11:58 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Two words: Locos Tacos
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Big-Will wrote:

Anyone that's watched even one March Madness game this year is probably sick to death of hearing about those damn things. "Uh, this d-bag drove a million miles or whatever to get a giant Dorrito with meat-flavored puree in it." Every other commercial break.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 20, 2012 6:17 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Big-Will wrote:

I like tacos. Don't you think this is some information that I would like to know? ...You invited Eric? I thought Eric gave you the creeps!?!?! :lol: (greatest ad ever.) (maybe.) AW! I hope Trey spoofs that ad in the ep tomorrow. That'd make my month.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 20, 2012 11:37 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I'm just wondering what the heck Taco Bell has to do with this. Why would Stan take it there? Why would they know anything?? I don't think the fast food business it getting in on the -turn-your-old-jewles-to-cash' craze. At least not around here..
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 3:19 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Stanluv25 wrote:
I'm just wondering what the heck Taco Bell has to do with this. Why would Stan take it there? Why would they know anything?? I don't think the fast food business it getting in on the -turn-your-old-jewles-to-cash' craze. At least not around here..

I'm guessing some plot twist where jewelry is used as cash or something like that. If you can get cash for gold, why not use gold for cash? Just thinking out loud :)
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 8:55 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:

I'm guessing some plot twist where jewelry is used as cash or something like that. If you can get cash for gold, why not use gold for cash? Just thinking out loud :)

Or it might be meant to imply all those "cash 4 gold" places are about as legit as if you just took your gold to Taco Bell.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 6:51 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Getting pumped, just 10 minutes away!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 6:57 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Tacos For Gold = Mexicans! In other words, I think Cartman's expolitable demographic for his business are Latinos, based on the CC e-mail.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:09 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
HOLY CRAP! It's about home shopping networks! YES! :lol:
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1602: Cash For Gold* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 21, 2012 7:11 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
This episode's great so far. It's making me sad, though. :cry:

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 5 65 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next