Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 10 of 16 229 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 12:21 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
raidpirate52 wrote:
Quote:
That's Cartman and Kyle. I cannot for the life of me see them friendly without wanting to vomit. I don't get it because Cartman and Stan are much more friendlier than those two, I wish they spent more time elaborating on that and having those two become closer. It makes more sense.

I think the reason we don't see much Cartman and Stan is the reason we don't get much Kyle and Kenny 1 on 1. They're both voiced by the same person. I guess they don't want a real extended conversation with themselves unless actually needed, like Randy/Stan. So I think that may be why they really like to focus on relations with people other than just oneself. Like Stan/Kyle; Cartman/Kyle; and Cartman/Butters.

Also, I know you REALLY like the Stan/Cartman ship, but I'm sorry, it's just as flawed out as Kyle/Cartman. There are more times Stan is against Cartman (yes even without Kyle's presence) than when the two get along alone. I don't think they'd have anything to fall on and actually make an interesting episode on just those two.

While it makes sense they wouldn't want to have a long conversation with themselves, it's a low reason to not do it. Sure Stan and Cartman had disagreements but as a whole, the two get along better. Stan puts up with a lot of Cartman and believes him/likes his ideas half the time. Cartman in turn hardly rips on Stan. There's just a lot of potential for them to be better friends. I'd love to see them bond over cats in an ep. And I may ship the two but I also love the two as friends and simply want more friendly moments from Stan and Cartman.

As also stated- the kids fighting over Easter eggs a la Hunger Games would have been a lot more fun to watch!! I could see them trampling that lady who cut the ribbon and all of them going ape-shit over the eggs. That would have been hilarious!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 1:26 am Offline
Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:23 am1
At one point, Cartman hides in a church and some chant music begins playing. (female voice sings something, presumably Latin.. something along the lines of "mad ca de lieh do..") Anyone know what song that is?
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 1:49 am Offline
Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:28 pm4
have none of the "super fans" on here watched http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-ep ... oogerballs and actually PAYED ATTENTION??

M&T spend the ENTIRE episode lampooning, criticizing, and talking down on people who over-analyze books, etc.... for their sake, i hope they don't read this board and see that their "biggest fans" are all doing exactly what M&T were making fun of...and these "fans" do it EVERY WEEK....

come on guys...it's a wonderful, COMEDY show about 9 and 10 yr old kids. don't read into it any deeper than it needs to be, and for the love of God PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT EVERY EPISODE! if you don't like it, go watch the cleaveland show or bob's burgers or w/e crappy show that would appeal to you more

alright, off my soap box now
OAS AAS LLS
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 4:36 am Offline
Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:25 am1
Guys, whats the song that is played at 10:00 minute, when the altar is displayedl does anyone know is it an actual track or was it made just for this scene purpose..
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 6:15 am Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
99 i fail wrote:
This episode was partially funny in the beginning, and got really old by the end.

I don't know what they'll do with the end's theme. I already talked about that in my post on page 2. I think it'll just revert to 'normal' like always. That's sort of inevitable.

My cynical 2 cents (more like 20!) on the last few seasons:
Ever since CBAA last season, it seems like they are trying to force Kyle and Cartman together.

Also what is comedy? It's like all the producers of all these "comedy" shows forgot what "comedy" really meant. Comedy is where you are supposed to laugh from the opening the end, in the rising action, in the climax, and in every movement, every piece of dialogue, and heck, event the surroundings. Everything is supposed to be funny from beginning to end, and a 10/10 (or 11/10) episode is so funny that you can watch it again and again, and it's still funny as heck.

Is there any drama? Did I say drama? No. If it's funny drama, it's okay. But if it's not funny, and more like a downright drama show, then no.

And also, as 98% of you know, South Park is continued through Season 20, so stop acting like it's going to end after the mid-season finale. Will it continue after then? At this appalling downwards rate, probably not. But if 16B and beyond is stellar, then maybe. Or if the network simply wants more money.

I take that back. But to the previous post by gbassman, sorry to go on a tirade, but I completely disagree. Just because you love something and you believe it's going downhill, you don't just quit. If you're a real fan, you keep your dedication, and act on what you don't like, and not just quit. It's called determination and dedication.

To compare it to the American economic situation, some people don't like America's state. So a lot of them act on it somehow, from protest to Facebook groups to movements. Movements have done a lot to change American history. (I'm assuming at least 70% of people that read or post here are American). If all those people moved out, which some have done or are considering, America so wouldn't be the same.

Yes I know what you're thinking, that we're just talking about a TV show and not a country, but it's that same type of situation where you really like something and you stick to it and act on it. Yes, people like South Park to an extreme degree, and that's okay. They're not stupid or r*tarded. People have the right to take this show to whatever extent they like to. I'm pretty sure it's legal in at least 99% of democratic countries.

Please note if you have any comebacks, I'll argue. That's just me on forums.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 7:30 am Offline
Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:03 pm30
99 i fail wrote:
99 i fail wrote:
This episode was partially funny in the beginning, and got really old by the end.

I don't know what they'll do with the end's theme. I already talked about that in my post on page 2. I think it'll just revert to 'normal' like always. That's sort of inevitable.

My cynical 2 cents (more like 20!) on the last few seasons:
Ever since CBAA last season, it seems like they are trying to force Kyle and Cartman together.

Also what is comedy? It's like all the producers of all these "comedy" shows forgot what "comedy" really meant. Comedy is where you are supposed to laugh from the opening the end, in the rising action, in the climax, and in every movement, every piece of dialogue, and heck, event the surroundings. Everything is supposed to be funny from beginning to end, and a 10/10 (or 11/10) episode is so funny that you can watch it again and again, and it's still funny as heck.

Is there any drama? Did I say drama? No. If it's funny drama, it's okay. But if it's not funny, and more like a downright drama show, then no.

And also, as 98% of you know, South Park is continued through Season 20, so stop acting like it's going to end after the mid-season finale. Will it continue after then? At this appalling downwards rate, probably not. But if 16B and beyond is stellar, then maybe. Or if the network simply wants more money.

I take that back. But to the previous post by gbassman, sorry to go on a tirade, but I completely disagree. Just because you love something and you believe it's going downhill, you don't just quit. If you're a real fan, you keep your dedication, and act on what you don't like, and not just quit. It's called determination and dedication.

To compare it to the American economic situation, some people don't like America's state. So a lot of them act on it somehow, from protest to Facebook groups to movements. Movements have done a lot to change American history. (I'm assuming at least 70% of people that read or post here are American). If all those people moved out, which some have done or are considering, America so wouldn't be the same.

Yes I know what you're thinking, that we're just talking about a TV show and not a country, but it's that same type of situation where you really like something and you stick to it and act on it. Yes, people like South Park to an extreme degree, and that's okay. They're not stupid or r*tarded. People have the right to take this show to whatever extent they like to. I'm pretty sure it's legal in at least 99% of democratic countries.

Please note if you have any comebacks, I'll argue. That's just me on forums.

I would like to recommend the Chicago sports fan method to people: if your a fan of something and it isn't doing well, you don't jump ship to something else, you just get really pissed off at it until it gets better. It has worked for Bears, Blackhawks, White Sox, and Bulls fans (FYI: The reason that I didn't list the Cubs is that theie fans keep showing up to the games at Wrigley Field despite how bad the team gets, which is why they will never get better). The same thing applies to South Park.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 7:48 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
icenick wrote:
What the hell is going on ???

What the hell was with that Bobo character. South Park is getting sillier and sillier, in a bad way. Cartman had some ridiculous moments in the 'Reverse Cowgirl' episode, and the last episode of season 15 had that annoying character making jokes about Penn State and giving everybody his headshots.

Jewpacabra was a mediocre episode: The show was fairly well written, but the plot of this episode is only ok and it had very few funny moments (also: that ancient Egypt part was pretty bad).

The South Park episodes of this season and season 15 are very much like Jewpacabra: good writing, but mediocre plot and only a handful of funny jokes.

Everything that came before season 15 was pure genius: Great writing, great plots and alot of really funny moments. I'm not giving up on South Park, but something has to change.

Nothing is going to change, nothing has to change. There is no going back to the "classic South Park" ever. Matt & Trey are older and they and South Park's writing style has moved on,... forward,... however you want to say it.
icenick I'm not really replying just to you, but to all the people who complain about how South Park is now different from the "good old days" South Park has moved on if for no other reason than that M&T are in their mid-40's now, not early 20's. It's not possable for them to write the show like they did before. And I for one am grateful for that. To the people who really hate the way the show is now,... sorry but all you can do is go buy the earlier seasons dvds and just watch those. South Park has grown-up, accept it, or move on.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 9:09 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
The hebrew jebies pun made me laugh more than it should have. I appreciate taking the piss out of conspiracy theorists but the bobo joke got old.

Portraying bible stories as written is pleasing to my eye
Fun way to look at Kyle's character; he did the right thing with a frown as usual. Cartman's character was played with too - his plan backfiring and him being a stupid guy believing it.
I heard the ringtone and knew it was good.

Quote:
South Park is getting sillier and sillier,

When was south park not silly? Mecca Streisand? Volcano monster? Manbearpig?

Quote:
they probably aren't going to do anything further with it.

The lampshade hanging 'this is real guys! i am a jew now dude!" stuff kinda made it mmmkay.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 9:21 am Offline
Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:39 pm30Nashville, TN
After last week's extremely disappointing "Faith Hilling" episode, I was really pleased with this return to form! I thought "Jewpacabra" was funny, thoughtful, and even touching.

Of course, I don't think there's a Jew on the planet who refers to God as "Jehovah," but no need for me to be picky...
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 9:35 am Offline
Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:38 am5Spain
It's the first time I get dissapointed with a South Park episode. It's not that the episode was bad, it's that it wasn't what I expected at all. When I saw the preview I expected a new adventure for the kids, and it wasn't that. But I kind of liked it because there are some clips from it that I really really loved, such as Cartman singing a part of the "Spooky mormon hell dream" song or Cartman scared about something he made up or the Egypt scene.
But think about that for now on Cartman is going to be jewish has hooked me more to South Park. Now I'm going to be thinking about it the whole week. I can't wait to see what happens next week. Will it be a two-parter episode? Is Cartman REALLY gonna be jewish? GOD! I'm so intrigued!
South Park and it's creators KICKASS :)
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 10:20 am Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
Stanluv25 wrote:
the kids fighting over Easter eggs a la Hunger Games would have been a lot more fun to watch!!

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Hunger Games episode. Matt and Trey are not really in the demographic for Hunger Games, so I doubt they're going wild over it themselves. When it's not something they're personally fans of, it takes some time for them to do an episode about it (e.g. "Elementary School Musical" coming out around the third High School Musical movie, and "The Ungroundable" right after that, an idea that came from doing something trendy and thinking, "What if the girls are just on to the next thing? That would be vampires, right?" and that became its own episode.) I mean, maybe they'll do a Hunger Games thing, but at this point it's doubtful they really know much about the story.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 10:32 am Offline
Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:14 am1
Don't know what about you guys, but I really liked the last episode. It wasn't the funniest episode on South Park, but I still liked it.

As a jew, I found this episode very funny, but not the best.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 1:33 pm Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 am33
I am almost certain that Easter is set up so it can NEVER fall during Passover week. 99% sure , the Christians set it up that way...because their stupid and silly , like all religious folks !

also, if cartman forgets about Judaism by next week, I hope they explain it away...I hope that he doesnt go back to hating Jews , like normal , with out some kind of explanation to it.

maybe he has a dream about a cow and then becomes a Hindu or something.

if they just ignore it...that would be lame,
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY !
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 1:37 pm Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 am33
also, this episode was good. 7.5.

last week was sucky, 2.0

I am happy again ! but I cant change my avatar to reflect this because I dont want to 'log in' at the UK place !
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY !
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 2:42 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
Marshall_Scotch wrote:
I am almost certain that Easter is set up so it can NEVER fall during Passover week. 99% sure , the Christians set it up that way...because their stupid and silly , like all religious folks !

also, if cartman forgets about Judaism by next week, I hope they explain it away...I hope that he doesnt go back to hating Jews , like normal , with out some kind of explanation to it.

maybe he has a dream about a cow and then becomes a Hindu or something.

if they just ignore it...that would be lame,

Not true. Passover always falls 15-22 Nissan on the Hebrew calendar, which means Passover can start as early as the 3rd week in March and start as late as the 2nd/3rd week of April. And also, Easter is Jesus's resurrection (Christmas is his birth), and that happened only one day, so its not a holiday you could "choose a date" for.
Researched it all :D
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.

Sort by  
Page 10 of 16 229 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next