Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 16 229 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
I really don't know what to say about this episode. That's really long because usually I have a 30-line rant about every little thing.

The end was really wierd, where Cartman was a Jew and then Kyle was being so nice to him. I don't know if he was just keeping a straight face through the covnersation, or legitimately believed Cartman.

I wouldn't be suprised if Kyle actually believed him. There's been so many Kyle's-friends-with-Cartman episodes recently. Like most new contradicting things in South Park, I believe they'll hate each other at some other point in time. I don't think it'll stick.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:38 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
7.6/10
I thought the fantasy scene really detracted from the episode. However, I thought Cartman's realization and Kyle's forgiveness of him were touching. I also really enjoyed the scene when Butters, Craig, and Token went to Wing Street. The episode finally confirmed every kid in town but Kyle is Roman Catholic, based on the Easter Egg Hunt. Finally, I'm glad there was no Jewpacabra that fed on Christian children. P.S., Sooper Foods is probably based off of King Sooper's.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:38 pm Offline
Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:50 pm16
Niels0827 wrote:
Fat chance if Cartman stays a Jew.

I think the same. Cartman is always spewing sh*t. It was just for the laugh, and for what someone else said before, about how fake and insincere religion is to a lot of people.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:40 pm Offline
Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:56 pm5
I loved the episode, I thought it was fantastic, but that ending...Cartman, a Jew? What? I feel like that couldn't possibly be true...Kyle didn't seem to take him seriously still...

Kyle vs Cartman rivalry is one of my favorite things to watch on this show, this episode had a lot of it and it was great, but wouldn't Cartman being a Jew mess that all up?

Interesting development though, I'm interested in seeing if they actually continue it.

Also, is it just me or was the sequence of Kyle rescuing Cartman from the park and taking him home a Peanuts reference?
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:41 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7971Montgomery, AL
Well, considering the recurring theme of "lying or stupid" throughout this episode, I was expecting Kyle to respond to Cartman's claim that he's not lying by saying, "I know. You're stupid." I'm surprised he didn't.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:42 pm Offline
Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:15 pm8
Oh my! This was the best episode of this season by far!! I'm still delirious from the fact that Cartman is a jew now! I mean, if they're consistent with this, what will this change? Especially between him and Kyle and how will it effect Kyle and Stan's relationship? This is just so awesome! I'm very excited for this new twist!! Very clever Parker and Stone! Very clever!
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:45 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
nwt000 wrote:
The episode finally confirmed every kid in town but Kyle is Roman Catholic, based on the Easter Egg Hunt.

I'm not trying to spoil the speculation, but that doesn't mean anything. I participated in Easter egg hunts when I was 8, and I never believed in a god. Much of what we associate with Easter is secular in nature and would only confuse many kids today if you were to try and explain to them that colored eggs, chocolate, rabbits, and chickens are somehow tied to Super Space Daddy rising from the dead. Besides, the egg hunt's sponsor, Sooper Foods, made no mention of Catholicism or any organized religion. Any kid can participate in an egg hunt. The White House holds them every year and they can't endorse any religion.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:49 pm Offline
Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:07 am8
Niels0827 wrote:
Fucking religion, dude. If this episode is good for anything, it's pointing out the hypocracies, fallacies, and ludicrous bullshit behind organized faith.

:zombiekenny: I could not agree more, well put!
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 pm Offline
Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:07 am8
LadyLithelia wrote:
Oh my! This was the best episode of this season by far!! I'm still delirious from the fact that Cartman is a jew now! I mean, if they're consistent with this, what will this change? Especially between him and Kyle and how will it effect Kyle and Stan's relationship? This is just so awesome! I'm very excited for this new twist!! Very clever Parker and Stone! Very clever!

:assface: I can't help but wonder if Trey converted. Care to share, Mr. Parker?
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Regarding the potential permanence of Cartman's Passover conversion, I would expect at the very least a multiple episode arc about Cartman's faith. I would not expect the universe to be reset next week. They wouldn't have gone out on such a juicy plot development if that was the case.

And as others have pointed out, this may have been in the works for a while. We've had some decreasing in the Cartman vs. Kyle conflict over the last year or so. The end of You're Getting Old comes to mind. When the guys bailed on the whole "Stan & Kyle, unfriended" thing, they probably had a line of thinking about making Kyle & Fatass more chummy. Now that some time has passed, they've come back to that idea, I'll bet.

Cartman's change of faith has certainly opened that as a possibility.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:53 pm Offline
Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 pm1
Yeah, sorry to say, but I thought this episode was terrible. Not only the worst episode of the season by far, but also one of the worst episodes of the entire series (In my opinion). The relationship between Kyle and Cartman felt awkward, they tried the same tired plot of making fun of how stupid documentary shows are nowadays again, and to top it off, the whole Jewpacabra plotline's payoff felt like it led to nothing. With the exception of Cash for Gold, this season is kinda weak compared to the last few.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:54 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Mmm. Chocolate colored rabbit egg chickens.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 7:57 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7971Montgomery, AL
triplemultiplex wrote:
Regarding the potential permanence of Cartman's Passover conversion, I would expect at the very least a multiple episode arc about Cartman's faith. I would not expect the universe to be reset next week. They wouldn't have gone out on such a juicy plot development if that was the case.

And as others have pointed out, this may have been in the works for a while. We've had some decreasing in the Cartman vs. Kyle conflict over the last year or so. The end of You're Getting Old comes to mind. When the guys bailed on the whole "Stan & Kyle, unfriended" thing, they probably had a line of thinking about making Kyle & Fatass more chummy. Now that some time has passed, they've come back to that idea, I'll bet.

Cartman's change of faith has certainly opened that as a possibility.

I was thinking the same thing, actually. Though everything (including Kyle and Cartman's relationship) seemed to revert to normal at the end of Ass Burgers, who knows? Maybe Kyle and Cartman do have a better relationship now than they did for the first fourteen and a half seasons.

I actually almost expected this episode to be Part 1 of a two or three part saga. Something about having a title card made it seem like it was going to be more epic than your average slice-of-life episode.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 8:04 pm Offline
Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:46 pm2
That was freaking awful !!! I look forward to these new shows and this is it??? WTF?
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
I'm torn by this episode.

I liked that it pointed out the hypocrisies and stupidity of religion, and it showed Kyle, despite having ill feelings towards Cartman, is still a good friend. This means a lot to me, as I have hated Kyle ever since "Assburgers" for the way he treated Stan, especially how Stan treated Kyle in reverse situations.

Also loved Kyle throwing the Iphone.

My dislikes for the episode was simply that the episode lacked verbal punch lines. Aside from Cartman's chant in the church, I was literally bored watching it.

As I said, torn.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 16 229 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next