Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 16 228 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 2:58 pm Offline
Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:39 am6
so far this is the worst episode yet and thats all i have to say, it sucked.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
99 i fail wrote:
...Easter is Jesus's resurrection (Christmas is his birth), and that happened only one day, so its not a holiday you could "choose a date" for.
Researched it all :D

So this "research" you did didn't include anything about how the date of Easter is controlled by the moon? Because it is. Easter falls differently every year because it's dictated by the first full moon after the spring equinox.
So yeah, Easter isn't set up to never fall around Passover, but not because you can't chose a date for it. And actually, Easter can easily and often fall during Passover week, because "Passover begins on the 15th day of the month of Nisan . . . the 14th day of Nisan begins on the night of a full moon after the northern vernal equinox." In other words, they are both holidays controlled by the same equinox and phase of the moon. Which is not rooted in old Pagan traditions at all.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 pm Offline
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 pm55
Just seeing Cartman in that bunny suit chained to a stump was enough for me. Awesome.

:cartmanscared:
You know - I've learned something today.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 5:50 pm Offline
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm182
I actually feel bad about Cartman being chained up to a cement brick, wearing a bunny suit while being covered in chicken blood. I mean, sure he's a messed up kid who has multiple problems, but he doesn't deserve that kind of humiliation. I love him with all my heart, but seeing him crying for help and being shot by a tranquilizer made me sad :(
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 6:18 pm Offline
Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:12 pm10
maxbjr wrote:
icenick wrote:
What the hell is going on ???

What the hell was with that Bobo character. South Park is getting sillier and sillier, in a bad way. Cartman had some ridiculous moments in the 'Reverse Cowgirl' episode, and the last episode of season 15 had that annoying character making jokes about Penn State and giving everybody his headshots.

Jewpacabra was a mediocre episode: The show was fairly well written, but the plot of this episode is only ok and it had very few funny moments (also: that ancient Egypt part was pretty bad).

The South Park episodes of this season and season 15 are very much like Jewpacabra: good writing, but mediocre plot and only a handful of funny jokes.

Everything that came before season 15 was pure genius: Great writing, great plots and alot of really funny moments. I'm not giving up on South Park, but something has to change.

Nothing is going to change, nothing has to change. There is no going back to the "classic South Park" ever. Matt & Trey are older and they and South Park's writing style has moved on,... forward,... however you want to say it.
icenick I'm not really replying just to you, but to all the people who complain about how South Park is now different from the "good old days" South Park has moved on if for no other reason than that M&T are in their mid-40's now, not early 20's. It's not possable for them to write the show like they did before. And I for one am grateful for that. To the people who really hate the way the show is now,... sorry but all you can do is go buy the earlier seasons dvds and just watch those. South Park has grown-up, accept it, or move on.

Great post! You said it much better than I could have.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 06, 2012 7:37 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
Marshall_Scotch wrote:
their stupid
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 07, 2012 1:12 am Offline
Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:52 am1
Loved this episode. Its Charlie Brown reference was such a pleasant surprise and it was so fitting to the story. The Egypt scene was hilarious, but my favorite part has to be the Sooper Foods manager painting Cartman in chicken blood. I'm surprised by all the negative posts here, this episode was a real gem for me.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 07, 2012 8:08 am Offline
Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:36 pm7
I wonder if Matt and Trey read the stupid comments on this forum.

This weeks episode had its moments but the flow of the episode was all over the place. Not horrible. Not amazing. It has been a good season thus far. I'd give this episode a 7/10

One thing I noticed is that a lot of people that said the episode was horrible loved Reverse Cowgirl. Interesting.
Last edited by lanjo on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 07, 2012 8:12 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18776I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
lanjo wrote:
I wonder if Matt and Trey read the stupid comments on this forum.

There are times when I really hope they don't.

lanjo wrote:
This weeks episode had its moments but the flow of the episode was all over the place. Not horrible. Not amazing. It has been a good season thus far.

Yeah, I kinda felt it was all over the place too, but for some reason it just seemed to work.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 am Offline
Fri May 20, 2011 3:01 pm8
EDIT
Last edited by icenick on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 07, 2012 11:12 am Offline
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 pm55
Maybe Cartman will have an encounter with a Christacabra to scare him back to Christianity.

:cartmanko'd:
You know - I've learned something today.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 07, 2012 11:44 am Offline
Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:36 am1
was Cartman dressing up as Bunnyman from this movie ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJ4AcpJpR8
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 07, 2012 11:47 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
99 i fail wrote:
Not true. Passover always falls 15-22 Nissan on the Hebrew calendar, which means Passover can start as early as the 3rd week in March and start as late as the 2nd/3rd week of April. And also, Easter is Jesus's resurrection (Christmas is his birth), and that happened only one day, so its not a holiday you could "choose a date" for.
Researched it all :D

Once the Jews rejected Christianity as a Jewish sect, it didn't make much sense for Christians to follow the Jewish calendar, and so Easter was calculated as close to the Jewish Passover as possible while keeping it on a Sunday, as it was on a Sunday (or sometime Saturday night) when Jesus arose from the dead.

And while Christians do observe Christmas as Jesus' birthday, they know that the actual day of birth is not known, but other possible dates of birth are in late March (though there are no Passover references in the Christmas story) or late September.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 07, 2012 1:53 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18776I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
jennlinky99 wrote:
was Cartman dressing up as Bunnyman from this movie ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJ4AcpJpR8

Aw, there's a sequel? ...dunno if that's cool or not... The first one was okay, but I really only saw the last half of it.

In answer to your questien, No. I don't believe so.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 07, 2012 2:32 pm Offline
Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:20 pm1
Cartman cannot actually be Jewish....I may just cry

Sort by  
Page 11 of 16 228 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next