Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 16 229 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 pm Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
I thought it was pretty good. I don't see the "Cartman's a Jew" to become a storyline. I think it will be dropped.

But I am thankful there wasn't a dragged on joke like the "cat ambassador" or the masturbator...so that was a plus!

Only down thing...not really that interesting.

7.8/10
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 8:28 pm Offline
Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm52
I know I sound like I'm lying but I knew this would happen. I am not saying I expected it at the beginning of the episode, I didn't, but I knew it would happen eventually. Ever since the mid-season finale of 15, South park has taken a different direction from their normal procedure of "normal then catastrophe then normal again" episode format. Maybe they(as in the creators are trying to add more of a storyline to the show, or possibly, knowing that they may have only a few seasons left, trying to make a juicy series finale.

Since I first started watching the show in 2009 I have wondered why they haven't done a Jewish Cartman episode. Cartman really needs something to boost his true anti-semetic nature. Of the last 18 episodes (seasons 15&16) 5 of them (episodes 1505, 1507,1508,1603, &1604) involve a friendship between Kyle andd Cartman for a significant part of the episode. In contrast none of seasons 14 or 13's episodes involve a direct relationship between the two. Coincidence? No. This will end. Cartman cannot stay Jewish. If he were to Kyle, or anybody else for that matter, would need to convert to an odd religion.
I give 2, maybe three episodes tops, unless of course they turn this into a mid-season cliff-hanger.

I dunno, maybe he will stay Jewish. Nothing is definitive with South Park, but I really don't want to see, for the sake of the future of the series, a Jewish Cartman.

Kyle is a good person, at heart, but is often put to the test and he will be in the next episode.

P.S. I am not an anti-semite and I recognize the Jewish people as our ancestors in my faith: Roman Catholicism.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 8:30 pm Offline
Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm52
JDEDJR wrote:
I know I sound like I'm lying but I knew this would happen. I am not saying I expected it at the beginning of the episode, I didn't, but I knew it would happen eventually. Ever since the mid-season finale of 15, South park has taken a different direction from their normal procedure of "normal then catastrophe then normal again" episode format. Maybe they(as in the creators are trying to add more of a storyline to the show, or possibly, knowing that they may have only a few seasons left, trying to make a juicy series finale.

Since I first started watching the show in 2009 I have wondered why they haven't done a Jewish Cartman episode. Cartman really needs something to boost his true anti-semetic nature. Of the last 18 episodes (seasons 15&16) 5 of them (episodes 1505, 1507,1508,1603, &1604) involve a friendship between Kyle andd Cartman for a significant part of the episode. In contrast none of seasons 14 or 13's episodes involve a direct relationship between the two. Coincidence? No. This will end. Cartman cannot stay Jewish. If he were to Kyle, or anybody else for that matter, would need to convert to an odd religion.
I give 2, maybe three episodes tops, unless of course they turn this into a mid-season cliff-hanger.

I dunno, maybe he will stay Jewish. Nothing is definitive with South Park, but I really don't want to see, for the sake of the future of the series, a Jewish Cartman.

Kyle is a good person, at heart, but is often put to the test and he will be in the next episode.

P.S. I am not an anti-semite and I recognize the Jewish people as our ancestors in my faith: Roman Catholicism.

Wasn't an incredibly funny episode so I give it a 6/10
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 8:32 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Uh, wait, what just happened?

On one hand, the episode itself was pretty fine. I think the "lying or stupid" was kind of harsh - I'm quite sure at least SOME Bigfoot sightings are genuine mistaken identity.

It was a fair episode - Butters wasn't over-played, Cartman was being himself again, and it's probably the first time since Season 14 I've actually cared about Kyle. Sooper Foods' fun and safe gag wasn't overdone, so it stayed on the funnier side of things. But neither Stan or Kenny had any lines, hell Stan didn't appear outside of the one shot. Don't think Kenny was in either. Stan might've been avoided to avoid clashing with "Fantastic Easter Special".

The ending... um, wait, what the hell?

I'm disappointed and elated - I like the idea of a change and a story arc, but after throwing a huge, huge change at the board, jerking us for months, and then throwing it out and resetting it in a second, it feels rather hypocritical of me to make another major change to another major character.

Also, we never got an explanation of what the Jewpacabra was - perhaps Sparky got out or something? I know it's obvious in context it was a dog, but it still felt a bit of a letdown.

I kind of have a feeling there might be a Part 2 to this, but the ending felt like a resolution, albeit a strange one.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 8:46 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I feel like Kyle and Cartman will drift away fron Stan and Kenny and become closer with Butters, Craig, and Token. Meanwhile, Stan would become the new Craig and start a rival group with himself, Kenny, Clyde, Jimmy, and Tweek, and the girls would also align with Stan and his posse. It would be quite a shift to see Craig and Token at the bus stop as opposed to Stan and Kenny.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 8:51 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
JDEDJR wrote:

Kyle is good at heart, but protective of his religion, in his faith. Cartman claiming to be jewish may not phase him, but if Cartman tried to practice the religion, Kyle would have a problem.

I think Kyle let it be as it was to avoid a situation. Cartman was grateful for getting out alive and didn't suspect Kyle as his savior (similar to Cartman saving Kyle in "Smug Alert").

Cartman can't go full jew anyways, as he admires Hitler, who seeked to destroy jews.

nwt000 wrote:
I feel like Kyle and Cartman will drift away fron Stan and Kenny and become closer with Butters, Craig, and Token. Meanwhile, Stan would become the new Craig and start a rival group with himself, Kenny, Clyde, Jimmy, and Tweek, and the girls would also align with Stan and his posse. It would be quite a shift to see Craig and Token at the bus stop as opposed to Stan and Kenny.

I cannot see that happening, as such a big change in formula could steer fans away. Maybe if they did it for a story arc it'd work, but I don't think Cartman would work under Kyle, as they have friction.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:11 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I don't see Stan and Kyle being super best friends for too much longer and Cartman and Kenny will soon grow tired of each other. Similarly, Stan will no longer put up with Cartman and Kyle will want nothing to do with Kenny. As sad as it would be, the original group would be done for. As Sharon said in You're Getting Old, "People get older, people grow apart." Not everything is bad though. Stan ending his best friendship with Kyle would more than likely be beneficial. With Kyle out of his way, Stan would be closer than ever to his family and especially Wendy to the point where Mr. And Mrs. Testaburger start referring to Stan as their future son-in-law. The other girls would also warm up to Stan and become great friends of his.
Niels0827 wrote:
Last edited by nwt000 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:14 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
1. Cartman is not now, nor will he ever be Jewish.

2. The ringtone was "Maniac" by Micheal Sembello (1983)
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:15 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
One thing that makes South Park stand out from other shows of its genre is its boldness to change the status quo, whether it's killing off Kenny for a season or moving the kids to 4th grade, then killing their 4th grade teacher and bringing back their 3rd grade teacher who is now openly gay until he gets a sex change then later becomes a lesbian before becoming a homophobic man again... although in all of these cases, the change was temporary: Kenny returned to the show, Garrison returned as the children's teacher, and he eventually became a man again. However, these changes in the status quo last a lot longer (sometimes multiple seasons) than changes in the status quo of most other sitcoms, which generally tend to last for as long as the span of a single episode.

Long story short, it's not completely out of the question that Cartman will still be a Jew in future episodes, though if that is the case, it's still highly likely to be temporary. Nevertheless, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it lasting for at least a little while.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:17 pm Offline
Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:01 pm1
So Ive been trying to figure out what the point of the passover dream Cartman had was, you would think after the Jehovah exploded his head, and all the violence and non-sensical carnage and acts, he would be even more angry at Jews, then I realized it...

Cartman has shifted his normally anti-semetic nature because he sees the Jewish God as more unforgiving, as more filled with the needless want to kill and destroy than the modern christian god, and like with Cthulu, he seeks to be on the more powerful and ruthless side, maybe even to harness it

Im not sure if the storyline sticks to the next episode, hopefully they are taking a story arc over 1 or 2 episodes, though I agree with everyone else, he will probably be even more anti-jew by the end
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:19 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Oh. My. Gallifreyan. I laughed so hard at this. Mile a minute jokes, and the topper of Cartman saying he was becoming a Jew. That's just... Brilliant. Brilliant! "I know you're not lying." The undertones! I just... I need a minute to compose myself.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 pm Offline
Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:46 pm2
AlexMcStrife wrote:
Yeah, sorry to say, but I thought this episode was terrible. Not only the worst episode of the season by far, but also one of the worst episodes of the entire series (In my opinion). The relationship between Kyle and Cartman felt awkward, they tried the same tired plot of making fun of how stupid documentary shows are nowadays again, and to top it off, the whole Jewpacabra plotline's payoff felt like it led to nothing. With the exception of Cash for Gold, this season is kinda weak compared to the last few.

I agree!!! Just freaking awful! If this is the best Matt and Trey can come up with. . . . SouthPark is done.... Sad
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:30 pm Offline
When the boys ultimately dissolve, I expect another Landslide sequence showing the new directions of their lives, like Cartman and Kyle hanging out with Butters, Craig, and Token and Stan getting closer to Wendy, showing them snuggling on the Marshes' couch under a blanket watching TV together while grinning at each other.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:43 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
nwt000 wrote:
When the boys ultimately dissolve, I expect another Landslide sequence showing the new directions of their lives, like Cartman and Kyle hanging out with Butters, Craig, and Token and Stan getting closer to Wendy, showing them snuggling on the Marshes' couch under a blanket watching TV together while grinning at each other.

You put WAY too much thought into this.

I don't think they're going anywhere, nor do I think friendships are going to change. This show has a tendency to reset the canon in each new episode, with only a few instances of continuity.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying I don't think any of what you said will happen. Kyle and Cartman can get along sometimes, but they're still too different from eachother to get along all the time, let alone to spend time together a lot. Kyle's values and personality aren't going to change, and neither will Cartman's.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 pm Offline
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm182
Sorry, but this episode sucked. It wasn't all that funny or amusing. Let's hope next week episode will be better than this one. I grade this one an 3/10.
I'm a Eric Theodore Cartman fan!
I support CartmanxStan
Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Butters, Clyde and Bebe are my favs.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 16 229 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next