Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 16 228 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
NeuroHeart wrote:
Oh. My. Gallifreyan...

:lol:

*sees alot of negative comments*
...Well whatever. I liked it anyway. Maybe I'll expand on it all tomorrow.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 10:04 pm Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
Got to love how people did nothing but complaining the last few episodes how Matt and Trey spent too much time on their jokes and this week finally spent more time for a plot, and now you complain there wasn't enough stupid jokes.

smh.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 10:13 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
raidpirate52 wrote:
Got to love how people did nothing but complaining the last few episodes how Matt and Trey spent too much time on their jokes and this week finally spent more time for a plot, and now you complain there wasn't enough stupid jokes.

smh.

agreed. I'd rather have a plot episode with character developement than a pointless episode which accomplishes nothing
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 10:17 pm Offline
Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:41 am19Australia
I'm sorry, no. Just... no, Matt and Trey.

I sincerely hope they're not keeping Cartman Jewish forever. Don't f*ck up the current and much-loved Cartman/Kyle dynamic, it's arguably one of the best things about South Park. Still <3 u guys... :mrgreen:

Anyway, they MUST have a plan for what to do with the newly Jewish Fatass if this is in fact a canon episode. I can see the opportunity for some great comedy. But... I have a rather shocking theory. I'm in no way a Kyle/Eric shipper, but could this be the beginning of a real bromance, inappropriate touching included?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
his name is jard... jared lost weght etn subwy... nwsallone... he liks philidelphia crem ches... :(
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 10:19 pm Offline
Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:07 pm1
Ok, wtf was that all about? There was nothing to that episode, I'm sure there was multiple scenes that they wanted to fit in there but couldn't. I can't even comprehend the meaning behind any part of the story, I can't describe what the hell I just saw. Throughout the whole disfunction of the episode I was hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel with some comic relief, but it just wasn't there. They need more time to develop episodes, the six days given isn't going to cut it.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Oh...my Science...

Actually, I'm kind of mixed about this one. There were some great moments, including the scene near the end where Kyle helps Cartman into his house and into bed, much like Lucy did for Linus in the old "Great Pumpkin" special.

But it's only a matter of time...as in how long Cartman's "conversion" will last.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Quote:
including the scene near the end where Kyle helps Cartman into his house and into bed

Yeah that was nice to see, i liked this episode okay it felt abit slow in places but i liked seeing Cartman getting freaked out by something that he made up, and i also liked Cartman and Kyle arguing again. Kyle`s ringtone was cool ( i Guess thats his ringtone for just Cartman :lol: )i don`t think Cartman will remain Jewish TBh.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 pm Offline
Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:02 am3Serbia
HAcoreRD wrote:
Cartman can't go full jew anyways, as he admires Hitler, who seeked to destroy jews.

This might be a set-up for a Believer-type episode.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 10:55 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
BRMBug wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:
Oh. My. Gallifreyan...

:lol:

:mrgreen:

I don't understand the hate-on I see running through this thread. Is it really that important to people that Cartman not be Jewish? I mean, there is no doubt that if it comes up again, Kyle will grow more and more enraged about it, so it probably won't actually change the whole frienemy dynamic they have going. And it probably won't last, though I think they could get a LOT of mileage out of the hypocritical humor of it all.
Or was it that the jokes were too subtle? I notice that quite a few people seem to have missed the very heavily implied "you're stupid" after the "I know you're not lying." I thought the exchange was high-larious, whereas if Kyle had actually come out and said it, it could have just spiraled into Cartman saying the same stupid things he already said about the Jewpacabra. Also, it's just way funnier when a joke doesn't bash you over the head.
Was it all the ripping on how illogical bible stories can be? I mean, what do you expect South Park to do, lick the bible's butthole? Come on, we all know that's not going to happen.
I just don't get it. I don't get what the problem is. I thought the episode was brilliant, and funny, and entertaining. I laughed, I was surprised, I laughed some more. I really, really hope they take this and just run with it. Seems like it's been a long time since there was a common theme connecting several episodes in a run - they used to do it all the time - and this could be a great one.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 11:12 pm Offline
Mon May 08, 2006 4:12 pm82Toronto
This episode was amazing.

I hope they carry on with Cartman being Jewish for a long long long time.

Also Cartman has to be a better Jew than Kyle. Kyle and his family will see Cartman at Temple and Cartman will quote sh*t that Kyle doesn't know with perfect pronouncation.

Then start getting Cartman to be thin and it starts to really really piss off kyle and he starts eating with depression and becomes Cartman

Finally it all comes to an end when Cartman goes all the way up the ranks of Jewish society and realizes there's no 5 Jewish bankers or secret society and it drives Cartman in to a rage madness that turns him back and seeing this turns Kyle back.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
NeuroHeart wrote:
I don't understand the hate-on I see running through this thread. Is it really that important to people that Cartman not be Jewish?

Well, South Park usually doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes, but that's usually purposeful. I'll tell you why he shouldn't be Jewish, from a realistic standpoint.

Bear with me. Some people aren't going to like what I say, but suck it up.

Cartman's hatred and bigotry are uniquely Christian.

Sorry for being blunt, but let's be honest...how many hateful, bigoted, intolerant, and xenophobic Jews do you know? Yeah, I don't know any either, and I know a lot of Jews. I'm not saying bigoted, intolerant Jews don't exist, but in the grand scheme of things, Jews are better people, overall, than Christians. If somebody were to tell me they're against gay marriage, against people of different faiths than their own, against interracial couples, etc., I don't just assume they're Christian. I pretty much KNOW they're Christian [or Muslim, for that matter]. Jews much more liberal, and having been subject to persecution and ridicule in the past (there were plenty of genocides and hate movements besides Nazi Germany), they understand better than anyone what it's like to be ridiculed for their beliefs and being who they are.

Cartman is not "Jew material." While practicing Judaism would technically make somebody a Jew, he doesn't "fit in" with "real" Jews. In modern society, at least in the industrialized world, Jews in general don't ridicule and belittle people whose religion is different from their own. They're usually receiving the brunt of ridicule from Muslims and Christians. Catch my drift?
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 11:26 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Niels0827 wrote:
Catch my drift?

Okay, yeah. That's kind of what makes it funny, though. Of course he isn't going to fit in, and he's going to piss Kyle (and others) off with his dilettante attempts at being Jewish.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 11:36 pm Offline
Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 am11
I think this is the first south park episode EVER, (and i've been watching since 1999), where I did not laugh once throughout the entire episode. :( It wasn't a bad episode, but for me it wasn't funny at all.
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
WOW...this episode is AWESOME!!!

Haha Cartman...so good at fooling people for his own gain he fooled even himself! All that just so that he could get all the easter candy for himself. I just love it when the Fatass screws himself over.

Loved the healthy dosage of Kyle's unyielding attitude toward Cartman's antics. It more than made up for the two's unusual closeness last week. Sure he brought Cartman back to his house, but he would had to be a hate-filled person to not at least do that.

The bigfoot hunters are so dumb it's hilarous. Derp! At least they were good enough to aim right...

And the Exodus flashback...that was kinda random. The actual plague of frogs had the frogs coming out of the Nile, not dropping from the sky, and the lamb's blood is supposed to coated on the doorframes, not the door itself. Get your Jewish facts right Matt! Still really funny though...especially the singing and Kyle's appearance!

I'm giving it a 9.6/10, 5th on my all-time favorites list...what a feat! You can totally tell that the plot practically wrote itself. That's what happens when you keep the story idea simple: you can spend more time on the details and have fun with them. It totally made up for the three previous half-baked episodes in this run.

-----

I think some of you are looking too deeply into Cartman's "conversion". What did you expect him to do at the end? Say that Jews are heartless lamb killers? Then Butters would not had the chance to call him a heathen! haha...

What Cartman did is no different from when he hugged Kyle for inadvertantly saving him from going on Dateline. Don't worry, Cartman never learns his lessons. Give it a week and he'll forget all about it and go back to his anti-Semetic ways. It's a part of him that's just too good for M&T to drop outright.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1604: Jewpacabra* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 04, 2012 11:47 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Disappointing. Sucks as I had a good feel for this episode. But I hardly laughed at all that first act. I was sitting there going 'where is this story leading?' While I did like the possibility the Jewpacabra could be real and it freaking Cartman, that was pretty much the only enjoyable thing. It was like Royal Pudding, I found myself growing bored with the story and not caring how it ended. Which never happens in SP. The bigfoot hunters were annoying and not funny. I never watch those monster quest shows so who knows, maybe that's how they really are. I'm not big on the episodes that focus so heavily on religion or politics. It's too hard to follow along and the humor is simply not there. There was at least some humor in Fantastic Easter Special. But really, by the second act I just wanted the episode to end.
Then let's not forget the uncomfortable Kyle + Cartman moments. Kyman fans I hope you're happy, you really have ruined any hopes of me seeing these two friendly. It is always cringe-worthy to watch. It's not cute. It's just... *shudder*
And what? Does this mean Cartman will no longer make fun of Jews?? So help me... that is one of his things. You can't take that away.

Displeased wit the episode. Next week's has to be better. Will not be watching this one anytime soon. 4/10 for me, I dunno.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 16 228 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next