Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 14 210 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 6:27 pm Offline
Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:47 pm10
Big-Will wrote:
grieviousgeorge wrote:
A few things...Butters should have manned up and beaten up his grandma to death right now like a bully victim should do to his bully always. If Jesus can appear then why not Mohammed!? For common sense's sake, bin Laden's dead and the world's safer once again!

grieviousgeorge wrote:
Yea I remember it unfortunately because some idiot threatened Matt and Trey but the good news is that he's locked up for a very long time and won't do anything to them at all so we can finally have Mohammed back on South Park with no repercussions whatsoever. Got that Comedy Central?

"Oh, it's been stwessful?! What's wrong with you, Comdey Central?! You greedy, selfish, little PRICK! ...Oh what? You gonna kwy? No, go ahead, kwy. Let me see ya. Let me see you kwy."

Heh, Comedy Central being bullied by its own viewers. :lol:

Oh yeah, unless Comedy Central does man up and bring those episodes back, mentioning them on the board will just piss me off and ban you for a day or so. The bans will get longer with each added mention.

Now you've become a bully yourself by going up against free speech.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 7:04 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
I have that Jackin' in San Diego song stuck in my head. XD Now that I think about it, the song and scene wasn't bad itself (I did find it funny and liked it some), but I was really hoping the episode would have an official conclusion. It being weird as heck is okay, but it was never truly explained. Maybe that's the joke? *shrug* Oh well; I just hope a bonus scene or commentary will be made relating to this.

The lyrics to the Anti-Bullying Song were hilarious. Stan and everyone wants bullying to kill itself? They're bullying bullying! XD And Stan in this episode made me think of Kyle in Crack Baby Athletic Association. Both became corrupt a little for money and attention and both knew the other was wrong. Maybe that's another reason why Kyle was upset with Stan, because despite Stan being more mature and moral and making Kyle feel guilty before, Stan kind of did the same thing while making the video. I just hope the two become a little closer. I feel like they're drifting. :\

Also, did they make a Title Drop in this episode?
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 7:45 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Hydroleaf wrote:
I have that Jackin' in San Diego song stuck in my head. XD Now that I think about it, the song and scene wasn't bad itself (I did find it funny and liked it some), but I was really hoping the episode would have an official conclusion. It being weird as heck is okay, but it was never truly explained. Maybe that's the joke? *shrug* Oh well; I just hope a bonus scene or commentary will be made relating to this.

The lyrics to the Anti-Bullying Song were hilarious. Stan and everyone wants bullying to kill itself? They're bullying bullying! XD And Stan in this episode made me think of Kyle in Crack Baby Athletic Association. Both became corrupt a little for money and attention and both knew the other was wrong. Maybe that's another reason why Kyle was upset with Stan, because despite Stan being more mature and moral and making Kyle feel guilty before, Stan kind of did the same thing while making the video. I just hope the two become a little closer. I feel like they're drifting. :\

Also, did they make a Title Drop in this episode?

To answer your first question, which is only answerable if you pay attention to pop culture, is the whole KONY 2012 thing with Jason going out in public and stripping naked and jacking off. To answer your second non-rhetorical question, no they did not make a title drop as far as I have heard, I watched it twice.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 8:56 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
This episode was good. The end song was catchy, though I do wish there'd been some resolution. The song about bullying was really funny, as was the little speech Butters delivered to his grandma.
I'd give it a solid 8/10. I liked Jewpacabra a bit more, but it looks like I'm the only one.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 pm Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:09 pm13
I live in San Diego, and they got it perfect. I haven't laughed that hard at an episode of SP in a while. The air port? Perfect. The Gas Lamp--perfect. And now when I tell people I live in San Diego, they're going to think about jacking it, which is the best thing of all. On a totally unrelated note, I will never forget the deer-in-headlights, pissing-themselves looks on Parker and Stone's faces when they were in Hall H at the San Diego Comic-Con promoting Team America, as they looked out at the 5 cajillion fans there ready to hear their panel. Those looks were precious.

I like the bullying message in this episode. Forcing bullying out of schools at best does nothing and at worst robs kids of the opportunity to learn to stand up for themselves against bullies that they're going to encounter throughout the rest of their lives, not just in school. I agree with it.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 9:17 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
RichardV1150 wrote:
To answer your first question, which is only answerable if you pay attention to pop culture, is the whole KONY 2012 thing with Jason going out in public and stripping naked and jacking off. To answer your second non-rhetorical question, no they did not make a title drop as far as I have heard, I watched it twice.

Really? *googles* Whoa. It makes way more sense now. I already thought about KONY 2012 when Kyle said about posting it online for free for everyone to see , but I haven't heard about Jason doing that until now! Thanks for clearing these things up for me. :)
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 9:59 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Well, I finally got a chance to sit down and watch this one. (inventory time at work has me scheduled at all hours and balls tired at the end of the day) Giggle. I liked this one. Well, most of it anyway. Could've done without Grand-Galactic Mee-Maw, myself. Also, as usual my DVR cut off the end of the ep so I wasn't able to see the credits. I'll just have to check the online version later, but I wonder if one of the guys got their mother to fill in. Mother's Day is just around the corner after all, and what better way to celebrate! "Happy Mother's Day Mom! By the way, we want you to voice a raging bitch on wheels in the show." :lol:

Stan's video was fairly cool. And Cartman in it was f*cking hilarious. I just wish he'd worked in more synonyms for vage than just the one. (also what's with the recent constant use of "2000-late"? Have they been subjected to the incessant repeating of same out of date Monster Audio promo reel that I have at work or something?) Butters naked in the box was unexpected... and strange.

Nice to see they finally ripped on Dr. Oz too.

Didn't get the Jerkin' it in San Diego until I read into the comments a little more. I totally forgot about that KONY dude going insane the way he did. Stan's little Jerkin' It dance had me cry-laughing more than the song did though. #bottom
nall wrote:
pootycancerXD wrote:
jackity-jackity-jackity- jack
smackity-smackity-smackity-smack.
That guys jackin' it!

Jackin' for the Lord!

:lol: ..."for the Lord"... :cartmanlaugh:

Oh, before I forget, Butters' little speech to his Grandma... was I the only one expecting him to end it by saying "And when you're dead and in the ground? I'll be the first one to dance on your grave."

I know there's more stuff I wanted to bring up, but I need to cut it off right there. Gotta get up in 3-4 hours for more inventory crap at work. :roll:
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 10:00 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
He actually wasn't jacking it, according to video evidence of the event. He was naked, and he was pacing up and down the street muttering obscenities and such, which was all caught on video. He was hospitalized for "reactive psychosis." So Stan's behavior was probably more representative, just the song wasn't. But it wouldn't have been nearly as funny with lyrics like, "gonna pace around naked in ... San Di-ego."
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 10:09 pm Offline
Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:07 pm52
This will probably wind up being my favorite episode of the season--it was great. I vastly preferred it to the surreal, fever dream quality of the previous two episodes.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 am Offline
Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:17 pm16
6/10. Clever but not a classic and the ending saves. With a week to kick out a show, it's easy to take the biggest and/ or funniest and/ or most unusual news story and spoof it. Therefore, these shows vibe to me like a sort of default/ auto-pilot. Kudos to these guys for keeping up with current events but I prefer the shows that pool from Trey & Matt's personal experiences. South Park is shaping up to be my #1 news source :) I would have rated it a bit higher but I didn't care for Butters being abused by his grandmother - the kid has been through enough..
Last edited by Marc_Deon on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 13, 2012 1:01 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
grieviousgeorge wrote:

That's why I tell people to exercise their free speech right here, where I don't have to see it, and where someone might actually do something positive about it.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 13, 2012 1:12 am Offline
Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:11 pm25Los Angeles
When I first saw an interview with the Kony 2012 guy, "I Am Africa" from Book of Mormon immediately started playing in my head. He's who that song is about, exactly, even though they probably had no idea who he was when they wrote it.

The Book of Mormon villain was in an earlier iteration called General Kony, so I was wondering if M&T were going to say anything about that whole Kony 2012 internet sensation/implosion. Amazing how they made their point without ever mentioning it directly, and best of all gave us a great new couple of South Park songs!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 13, 2012 2:45 am Offline
Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:38 am6
What was the meaning with the "america uh-ha!"? They did it Twice.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 13, 2012 4:27 am Offline
Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:47 pm10
Big-Will wrote:
grieviousgeorge wrote:

That's why I tell people to exercise their free speech right here, where I don't have to see it, and where someone might actually do something positive about it.

They're not going to do anything, even with the civil emails that they get, which is very bureaucratic of them. You don't have to look at my posts because at least I didn't give you the all-proverbial bird.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 13, 2012 5:53 am Offline
Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:27 am1
mo303564 wrote:
I admit that I loved the "jackin in San Deigo" part :lol: Part of me wishes it was somewhere like Miami or San Jose :roll: :P

:shock: ..Why would you want it to be in one of those dumps? Not to mention they have absolutely nothing to do with the Kony 2012 reference. I thought the ending was absolutely perfect the way it was :cartmanlaugh: :chaos:

:cartmanhappy: Jackin it Jackin it Jackity Jack .. Spankin it Jackin it Spankity Smack! :cartmanhappy:

Sort by  
Page 8 of 14 210 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next