Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 10 of 14 208 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 13, 2012 11:03 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
maxbjr wrote:
But I do remember Red at least having one liners in nearly every show this season.
Er, wasn't this Red's first time speaking since Insheeption?
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 14, 2012 12:54 am Offline
  • Profile
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I wanted to say- this episode is awesome for a Stan fan because we get to see him in a different light. It was fun seeing him as Mr. Popular and everyone loving him, power and money fueling his decisions, then at the end everyone throwing things at him. We never really see him get screwed over like this so it was fun. :) A good reminder he isn't perfect as we tend to forget about our fav characters.


But in Stan's defense he did seem to care about bullying before he found out his video was going to make bank. :wink:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 14, 2012 12:40 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
Stanluv25 wrote:
I wanted to say- this episode is awesome for a Stan fan because we get to see him in a different light. It was fun seeing him as Mr. Popular and everyone loving him, power and money fueling his decisions, then at the end everyone throwing things at him. We never really see him get screwed over like this so it was fun. :) A good reminder he isn't perfect as we tend to forget about our fav characters.


But in Stan's defense he did seem to care about bullying before he found out his video was going to make bank. :wink:

Ahh yes, I forgot completely about his need for popularity. If there's one downside about Stan, it's that he must be the "alpha-male" of the school. And that really did come back to bite him in the ass, although in his defense, he didn't realize that people who get bullied too much tend to snap.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 14, 2012 2:49 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed May 18, 2011 1:56 pm7
Simply amazing episode with two AWESOME songs!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 14, 2012 4:07 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
So the bullying food chain goes like (from most bullied to biggest bully):

Butters, Mr Mackey
Stan
Grandma Stoch, Bucky Bailey
Nick Jabbs
Jesus
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 14, 2012 6:37 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 pm7
Now, THIS is SoutPark!!

First episode I like in this season, actually I loved it!

:!: :arrow: When you are violent people in a violent society, complaining about bullies is a nonsense.


Thanks Trey and Matt for bringing back your genius!!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 14, 2012 9:02 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:22 am4Arizona
I loved the scenes where someone would go into the bathroom and a bully would be waiting for them.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 14, 2012 9:14 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:54 am5Long Beach, Ca
I loved this episode! Just love songs. M and T did a great job with the lyrics. I like the fact that Kyle was the only one who was interested in Butters' well being. He knew that Stan was going too far, but Kyle was able to help Stan (somewhat). Their tension made the episode even more interesting.

Also Cartman and his va-jay-jay...need I say more that was hilarious! Stan jacking it in San Diego?! I could not stop laughing. This is my favorite episode this season. Keep um coming guys! :lol:
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 14, 2012 9:47 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 am3
I thought this episode was OK. I'd give it a 5.5/10. One thing I don't get is that a lot of people hated "Cash 4 Gold" but loved this episode. First people said that the Jewelry Shopping scenes got old. In this episode the bathroom scenes got old. Then they said showing the cycle twice was filler. In this episode I thought Stan's video was filler. So really what it all comes down to is that this episode had more secondary characters so everyone liked it. Please "Cash 4 Gold" was the best episode of the season by far. The only reason I didn't give this episode a lower score was Butter's speech.

Now that being said I think the premise could have worked. I however would have switched Stan's role with Cartman. That role would have fit Cartman's persona a lot better than it did Stan. Think about it. Cartman a known bully would all of a sudden make an anti bullying video staring Butters just to become famous. Now that would have felt more like a classic South Park episode.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 7:25 am Offline
  • Profile
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
Stuie299 wrote:
I thought this episode was OK. I'd give it a 5.5/10. One thing I don't get is that a lot of people hated "Cash 4 Gold" but loved this episode. First people said that the Jewelry Shopping scenes got old. In this episode the bathroom scenes got old. Then they said showing the cycle twice was filler. In this episode I thought Stan's video was filler. So really what it all comes down to is that this episode had more secondary characters so everyone liked it. Please "Cash 4 Gold" was the best episode of the season by far. The only reason I didn't give this episode a lower score was Butter's speech.

Now that being said I think the premise could have worked. I however would have switched Stan's role with Cartman. That role would have fit Cartman's persona a lot better than it did Stan. Think about it. Cartman a known bully would all of a sudden make an anti bullying video staring Butters just to become famous. Now that would have felt more like a classic South Park episode.

OH, there is BIG difference between this episode and cash for gold. Yes, there were running gags as well as the longest single sequence in South Park, but they were actually hysterical and not terribly funny. They didn't get old. This episode's songs were some of the best in South Park, and the jokes were still funny.

Yes, it may have been more season-4 style if it was Cartman and not Stan, but it wouldn't have been nearly the same "Stan was the most popular guy in school and he got screwed over and everybody turned on him and then he was down and went jackin' it in San Diego." The drama and tension between characters wouldn't be the same. How the end carried out wouldn't have that same [insert the last quote I wrote here] type of feeling.

And I completely disagree with EVERYTHING in your post, and I'm sure some people will too. I'd LOVE to start an argument. Lets see if you could defend yourself and win!
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 12:53 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
John_117 wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
I wanted to say- this episode is awesome for a Stan fan because we get to see him in a different light. It was fun seeing him as Mr. Popular and everyone loving him, power and money fueling his decisions, then at the end everyone throwing things at him. We never really see him get screwed over like this so it was fun. :) A good reminder he isn't perfect as we tend to forget about our fav characters.


But in Stan's defense he did seem to care about bullying before he found out his video was going to make bank. :wink:

Ahh yes, I forgot completely about his need for popularity. If there's one downside about Stan, it's that he must be the "alpha-male" of the school. And that really did come back to bite him in the ass, although in his defense, he didn't realize that people who get bullied too much tend to snap.


Mmmm... I don't really think Stan sees himself as alpha male. I can't really think of any moments where he had to be on top, had to be loved by everyone. He's kind of a leader in the group and can even make adults change their minds, but as for a need to do it, meh..
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 1:10 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
To me, this episode was definetly funnier the second time around. It wasnt as intense as the last one, but I think it was funnier. I wanted to hurt butters grandma, yet I laughed really hard at the bathroom scenes. Cartman singing about his vajayjay was really rreally funny. I'm glad we saw jesus. I dont like red, she bugs me. I really also liked when kyle argued with Stan and Stan was like 'what was that?' lol. To me, stan's character is too reasonable that he's really predictable and boring. I'm glad that kyle could pick up on his subtle ego boost.

I don't really like Stan as much as the other characters, but damn his catchy songs.

And i think it's safe to say that stan and kyle's friendship is over.
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 2:03 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
The San Diego thing - awesome rip. :lol:
Keep up the good work.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 3:22 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
To me, this episode was definetly funnier the second time around. It wasnt as intense as the last one, but I think it was funnier. I wanted to hurt butters grandma, yet I laughed really hard at the bathroom scenes. Cartman singing about his vajayjay was really rreally funny. I'm glad we saw jesus. I dont like red, she bugs me. I really also liked when kyle argued with Stan and Stan was like 'what was that?' lol. To me, stan's character is too reasonable that he's really predictable and boring. I'm glad that kyle could pick up on his subtle ego boost.

I don't really like Stan as much as the other
characters, but damn his catchy songs.

And i think it's safe to say that stan and kyle's friendship is over.


Whoa whoa whoa- over? Who ever said their friendship was over? It was strained, like usually happens in this episode but I can guarantee you they will be happy and normal and SBFs next week. What makes their little disagreement of sorts in this episode any different than any other fight they had? Stan and Kyle need each other and have qualities that help out the other when in distress.

It's safe to say they will always be best friends. I refuse to believe they will drift apart, they've been too close all these years.

And that is what I have to say to that. :wink:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 4:13 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
To me, this episode was definetly funnier the second time around. It wasnt as intense as the last one, but I think it was funnier. I wanted to hurt butters grandma, yet I laughed really hard at the bathroom scenes. Cartman singing about his vajayjay was really rreally funny. I'm glad we saw jesus. I dont like red, she bugs me. I really also liked when kyle argued with Stan and Stan was like 'what was that?' lol. To me, stan's character is too reasonable that he's really predictable and boring. I'm glad that kyle could pick up on his subtle ego boost.

I don't really like Stan as much as the other characters, but damn his catchy songs.

And i think it's safe to say that stan and kyle's friendship is over.


That last sentence has to be the most r*****ed thing I've ever heard on these forums, and trust me, I've heard a lot of stupid s***. As with all TV, producers may make characters not be friends for a maximum of 2 episodes , but then they're always friends again. This has been the 7th-9th time they've not been friends for an episode or two, but they're always perfect friends again like it's never happened. You know that M&T doesn't care much about continuity, and they forget simple thing's like the color of a person's hair. If anyone thinks they won't be friends again, and that SP will actually change that, they must be f***ing crazy. Even after "Ass Burgers", after that extreme situation, they were still friends the episode after. And situations like Cartman being a Jew after Jewpacabra, do you think he's a Jew now? No. SP just changes character relations for shock value, and they reset to 'normal' for three reasons, in some cases, they just forget, others they just decide to not continue the subject, and in this case, the change in character relations was just for the purpose of this one episode, and not to stay permanent. And as another example, they wrote Kenny off for Season 6, and brought him back in the season finale. If South Park or Comedy Central announced somehow that they intended on 'changing the show's getting stale formula' and making Stan and Kyle not friends, they would reverse that/those decision(s) because so many people would boycott the show and rating would fall, as that happened with the Kenny Season 6 incident.

Wow, I'm still doing my craziest and longest rants on an episode that came out 4 days ago. And sorry that I most certainly insulted people.

P.S. Edited bcuz the first time I posted it I knew I crossed the line. I actually knew I was going to cross the line b4hand, but I don't want people to (dunno what 2 say here). I know I can't actually take it back though.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Last edited by 99 i fail on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 10 of 14 208 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X