Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 14 210 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 4:41 pm Offline
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
99 i fail wrote:
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
To me, this episode was definetly funnier the second time around. It wasnt as intense as the last one, but I think it was funnier. I wanted to hurt butters grandma, yet I laughed really hard at the bathroom scenes. Cartman singing about his vajayjay was really rreally funny. I'm glad we saw jesus. I dont like red, she bugs me. I really also liked when kyle argued with Stan and Stan was like 'what was that?' lol. To me, stan's character is too reasonable that he's really predictable and boring. I'm glad that kyle could pick up on his subtle ego boost.

I don't really like Stan as much as the other characters, but damn his catchy songs.

And i think it's safe to say that stan and kyle's friendship is over.

That last sentence has to be the most retarded thing I've ever heard on these forums, and trust me, I've heard a lot of stupid s***. As with all TV, producers may make characters not be friends for a maximum of 2 episodes , but then they're always friends again. This has been the 7th-9th time they've not been friends for an episode or two, but they're always perfect friends again like it's never happened. You know that M&T doesn't care much about continuity, and they forget simple thing's like the color of a person's hair. If anyone thinks they won't be friends again, and that SP will actually change that, they must be f***ing crazy. Even after "Ass Burgers", after that extreme situation, they were still friends the episode after. And situations like Cartman being a Jew after Jewpacabra, do you think he's a Jew now? No. SP just changes character relations for shock value, and they reset to 'normal' for three reasons, in some cases, they just forget, others they just decide to not continue the subject, and in this case, the change in character relations was just for the purpose of this one episode, and not to stay permanent. And as another example, they wrote Kenny off for Season 6, and brought him back in the season finale. If South Park or Comedy Central announced somehow that they intended on 'changing the show's getting stale formula' and making Stan and Kyle not friends, they would reverse that/those decision(s) because so many people would boycott the show and rating would fall, as that happened with the Kenny Season 6 incident.

Wow, I'm still doing my craziest and longest rants on an episode that came out 4 days ago. And sorry that I (probably)insulted some people with phrases like retard and f***ing crazy.

Watch your language, buster, you inconsiderate individual. I used to intern at an agency that provides services to adults with disabilities, so yeah, you did offend me.

Dont you dare bite my head off for stating my opinion. I dont know what's gonna happen in the future and neither do you, so stop. Okay?

Um, havent you noticed they arent as close anymore? Not since 1507. I dont care that they hang around each other. When they do interact it's not the same. Maybe I did go overboard with that last sentence, but I'm just saying. It's season 16, obviously south park is changing and if people dont accept it, they better stick with watching the older episodes. Maybe not over, but cartman and kyle are increasingly getting along, and all the times since 1507 that i remember, stan and kyle have been arguing. Look, I know it sucks, and I like their friendship as much as anybody, I'm just stating my opinions here.

And announcing that cartman is a jew DIDNT change the show? I assure you i wanted to kick matt and trey about that. I wanted to kick them at the end of 1507, I dunno if everything with cartman is back to normal...but things are different in this season. I am sorry about my low opinion in stan since 1507, and yes, I do like style (not as much as kyman though, haha, but i digress) but i mean, can we REALLY predict matt and trey? I mean, really? anything can happen. It's south park.

And also, i've been friends with this girl for 16 years and we've recently drifted apart. The other person i've known for 16 years i'm still friends with, but one of them i'm not anymore. I knew her since I was in kindergarten. i So dont say it cant happen, because i think that's kind of naive. Hopefully they DO become friends again
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
And I've been through a lot of arguments, and as soon as I posted I knew I was getting a harsh response, but I didn't care that much. If I get banned from here, not like it's the end of the world. After all, I was kind enough to use stars in cuss words. And I wasn't biting your head off for the fact you stated your opinion, just biting your head off ON your opinion. There's a difference. And when I used retard, I didn't mean for it to come out the way you interpreted it, after all, most people don't see it that way. Guess I should've used b****, huh?
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 5:44 pm Offline
99 i fail wrote:
And I've been through a lot of arguments, and as soon as I posted I knew I was getting a harsh response, but I didn't care that much. If I get banned from here, not like it's the end of the world. After all, I was kind enough to use stars in cuss words. And I wasn't biting your head off for the fact you stated your opinion, just biting your head off ON your opinion. There's a difference. And when I used retard, I didn't mean for it to come out the way you interpreted it, after all, most people don't see it that way. Guess I should've used b****, huh?

>.> er, even if you would have said the full word, the filter would have censored it (which is actually really funny)

So in your mind we can post our opinions, as long as they match yours? lol, that's a bit hypocritical. Pretty sure there is a great number of people in this board that do the same thing. Also, maybe some south park fans dont take that word that way, but you arent everybody, so maybe avoid generalizing in the future. I know people who will become violent if they hear that word. Most people I know do take it that way. I dont know how else you are supposed to take it other than a very offensive word. I generally dont get bent out of shape, but seriously, how else am I gonna take it?

ps. I wont hold this against you, if you never say the r word again. I seriously dont really care that my head got bitten off, i was actually expecting it, once my temper calmed down. darn short tempers
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 6:01 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
So in your mind we can post our opinions, as long as they match yours? lol, that's a bit hypocritical.

Not what I meant. But of course I knew my post (which I edited for future reference, and fyi to other readers, I know the 'word' is still in the quote that was quoted of my post) was not interpreted the way I thought (my stupid brain!) it would be. But of course I am a person that's usually okay with cuss words, and even knowing what I had b4hand, used terrible judgement.

And I know I can't really take back everything I said, after all this is the internet, but my official apology for using the r word, and I meant it as a more offensive way of saying 'stupid', and not to offend disabled people in any way.

It's about 9 pm where I live right now, should probably get to bed. It's a school night after all.

This is the second time (the first time was in another occasion outside the Sp website spectrum), that I've ridiculously crossed the line, but that time I got the full consequences. Hopefully my rants won't use profanity anymore or be more like personal attacks. Even the first forum I read "Ass Burgers", I got so mad about things. maybe I shouldn't read the forums anymore? Sorry if this paragraph was TMI (being serious, not meaning that as a joke).
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 6:05 pm Offline
99 i fail wrote:
So in your mind we can post our opinions, as long as they match yours? lol, that's a bit hypocritical.

Not what I meant. But of course I knew my post (which I edited for future reference, and fyi to other readers, I know the 'word' is still in the quote that was quoted of my post) was not interpreted the way I thought (my stupid brain!) it would be. But of course I am a person that's usually okay with cuss words, and even knowing what I had b4hand, used terrible judgement.

And I know I can't really take back everything I said, after all this is the internet, but my official apology for using the r word, and I meant it as a more offensive way of saying 'stupid', and not to offend disabled people in any way.

It's about 9 pm where I live right now, should probably get to bed. It's a school night after all.

This is the second time (the first time was in another occasion outside the Sp website spectrum), that I've ridiculously crossed the line, but that time I got the full consequences. Hopefully my rants won't use profanity anymore or be more like personal attacks. Even the first forum I read "Ass Burgers", I got so mad about things. maybe I shouldn't read the forums anymore? Sorry if this paragraph was TMI (being serious, not meaning that as a joke).

We all are so passionate about south park it's easy to bite people's heads off, which is, I suppose why we are on the forums.

And I fully accept your apology. :) I'm actually really impressed by your heartfelt apology. Everyday is a learning experience :) *starts the 'you know, i learned something today tune'*

Oh yeah, tomorrow is monday. New preview for the new ep appears tomorrow, yay. Lol
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 15, 2012 11:48 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Can I just say I really don't think Cartman 'being a Jew' is ever going to mentioned again? At least not for a while. Seems like the sort of thing that happened just that one time but later that night Cartman probably thought, 'f*ck it' and went to hating them again. Some changes are not good for a show and Cartman liking Jews just wouldn't work. Same with Stan and Kyle drifting apart. It's something that's been there since the very beginning. The two have been through hell together and still came out on top. They seem to have a very solid foundation in their friendship that nothing will ever tear them apart. There simply hasn't been many chances for the two to be buddy-buddy yet. But it will happen, I assure you. Because again, for the two to drift apart would not be good for the show. A good Stan and Kyle episode would be a great refresher for the season to reassure everyone they are still SBFs.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 16, 2012 1:47 am Offline
Sat May 30, 2009 4:25 pm8
I'm SO happy they're finally making funny episodes again. After the last couple I was starting to lose faith and was going to just write them off as completely gone, but if this episode is any indication of how they'll finish off the season then there's certainly plenty to look forward to! Keep it up guys!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 16, 2012 5:37 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
What I like about this episode is the message that bullying exists at all levels of society, not just in school. Adults are also bullies, and adults are also victims of bullying.

And bullying takes many forms. There's corporate bullying, as epitomized by the lawyer who bullies the Bully Buckers guy with a cease and desist order. And then there's more abstract forms of bullying, like religion. Pushing people to do things in then name of God because they think they will go to hell if they don't.

I actually came up with this idea a long time ago in 2009, when I wrote a comedy script. The person who's trying to push for there to be an anti-bullying campaign in a school, is actually bullying the principal into making it happen. I thought it would be a funny little ironic thing.

I always get a little pissed off when South Park does something I thought of. It's not their fault, of course...it's just us thinking of the same idea independently. But they did well with this idea. And despite the fact that Stan's "make bullying kill itself" lyric was supposed to be funny because Stan is using bully rhetoric to denounce bullying and he doesn't know that, I really f*cking love that song.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 am Offline
Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:30 am46
It's funny, a while back I was coming up for interesting potential episode ideas, three of them were about Stan encountering trouble during an antibullying campaign (and Kyle being skeptical of the campaigns intentions), one where Kyle and Cartman make up and Cartman becomes Jewish, and one where Kenny goes into foster care. It feels great that actual South Park episodes being made are even the slightest bit similar to my own idea.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 16, 2012 2:10 pm Offline
I just saw the real anti-bullying video on Will's episode guide and couldn't help but laugh at the beginning since it was identical to Stan's video. The whole video pretty much is but it was a really good video all in all. It must have taken a while to get everything put together to make it flow because it did not look easy. So ya, the real video is great!

I was wondering... in the credits it says Stan wrote and did everything so I was wondering if he wrote in the lyrics for Cartman singing about his vajayjay or not. Did Cartman tell Stan to do that or did Stan write it in because he knew Cartman had a point, and it would sell the video?
:lol:

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 16, 2012 2:36 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Original Artist that video lip-dubbed: Kaitlyn K - Who Do U Think U R?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 16, 2012 3:36 pm Offline
Sat May 28, 2011 7:16 am25
The bathroom scenes were really funny, music video was funny, loved the end (was starting to think they weren't gonna make fun of Jason Russell), one complaint: what happened to Trent Boyett??? The idea of Butters' grandma being the bully was ok but c'mon it's been "like 5 years or something". I was seriously looking forward to his return. Guess South Park stays as unpredictable as ever.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 16, 2012 4:47 pm Offline
^ Well it's five of their years, not ours. In the world of SP the whole Trent thing happen just a year ago. And if Trent ever came back he'd get revenge on all the boys, not just Butters. Unless the boys are seen at age 14 when Trent is released again, we don't need to see him again.

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 16, 2012 7:16 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:22 pm38
so it was butters grandma that was bullying him :shock: heh who could of known? :/ but anyway this was an awesome episode! the ending was funny as hell! :lol: when stan did that retarded dance i was like what the f*ck?! XD ahh trey and matt you've done it again hats off to ya! 8)
"I am simply one hell of a butler."-Sebastian Michaelis <3
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 16, 2012 9:59 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
CBAA is on right now. I totally forgot they used Boom Boom Pow in it. That's where the 2000-late seedling that I've been going on about came from. I don't blame them. I have "2000-late" and that buzzing underlying track running through my head most of the day.

Sort by  
Page 11 of 14 210 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next