Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 6 of 14 210 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 8:57 am Offline
Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:29 am3
This is all I will say...Stan's "jackin' it" dance was effing hilarious!!!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 9:50 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I've noticed a trend starting late last season, that we're seeing more and more group scenes of older minor kids, (like Tweak, Thad, Raisins girls, etc). I wonder if this will continue as South Park gets closer to the season 20 final. (M&T could opt to extend South Park for more seasons, but we won't know about that until later.) In Stan's video they had damn near every kid who's ever been on South Park for the last 10 years in for a cameo shot. At least the one's who are still alive.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 11:32 am Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
WOW, this episode is everything, and that everything is something, I give it 9.5/10! I was hoping for an episode like this!

Okay, so good on you South Park for making an episode on bullying on the Day of Pink, I'm so proud... sniff. Also I'm glad South park brought back some good old characters into the show, Jesus and Red. I got all the references, even if I was told some, like Captain Kangaroo who was before my time, and that music video which was from Cypress Ranch. I've noticed M&T keep upping the ante for episodes, just like the bathroom scenes!
I felt awkward at the end even if I did know it was for KONY 2012, which I bought into, stupid me. To add insult to injury as I watched the episode I got the Joseph Kony little action kit with a T-Shirt and everything... smh. I was stupid when I first saw that video, but hey, I could care less now. Was an awesome ending!

Keep up the good work, two-parter maybe, a little drama maybe. I realize now after hearing the commentary for season 15, M&T would do more dramatic episodes, but it's not there strong suite and not really South Park, things must reset hence it's a comedy. I still want some drama regardless, it makes me happy enough to jack it San Diego, well not that much but that song is pretty damn catchy!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:08 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
My favorite of the run so far. It's funny, I was going to guess this episode was going to be about the Kony 2012 guy's fallout based on the episode description, but then I was like, "eh, the Kony thing is not a music video."

The bathroom gag was one of the better "overdone intra-episode running gags," IMO. Each variation felt fresh. Butters being bullied by his grandmother was a good plot, and I've always wanted to see more of the Stotches! (Although it seems like she's Linda's mom.) And I loved the San Diego song.

I agree with whoever said it seems like Red is going to become the new generic girl character. Also nice to see Jesus, Timmy, and Professor Chaos, but I'm still sad about no Garrison. :(
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Last edited by Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 pm Offline
Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:01 am17Maryland, USA
I love this episode. I thought it was going to be mediocre but when the bully video played, I loved all the cameos like Thad, the Gingers and the 6th grader leader. The grandma joke and speech was great, especially with the Professor Chaos joke. I didn't get the Jason Russel joke at first, but when Stan went to the street corner, I laughed my f*cking ass off and how stupid it was.
10/10 for me. Hell, I'll even say this is one of my favorite episodes now.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:27 pm Offline
Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:36 am215
I have balls. :cartmansmile:
At least we have Đ°ssholes, you dumb girl!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 12:53 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
Not bad. It had some hilarious moments. But the ending was a bit over the top. Jesus' role was the best part (we haven't seen him in a while).
We saw Tweek again, but again no speaking role for him.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:09 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
The ending was predictable. As soon as Kyle mentioned 'jacking off in San Diego', I knew he was going to do it. But I'm sure everyone would disagree, but I wish that Butters didn't b*tchslap Dr. Oz, and they actually came out with the movie and Stan was actually successful.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:09 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
ok. Maybe I'm just tired, but this episode was very mixed...

on one part, that was perhaps the BEST SHOW EVER!! I couldn't believe how many characters were around and finally seen....all the kids and I mean ALL the kids were there!! :D I saw some cameos (Briden, the goth kids, the kid from guitar queer-o, soo many..and of course...TIMMY!! :timmy: ) Best was Professor Chaos and his grandma showing up in a costume, was hilarious.

I admit that I loved the "jackin in San Deigo" part :lol: Part of me wishes it was somewhere like Miami or San Jose :roll: :P But Still, awesomly done. The Captian Kangeroo hair on that dude, lol. nice. :o

JESUS showed up! All the bathroom sh*t, kinda predictible but hilarous at the same time. Grandma pickin on Butters only for him to stand up to her in the end, I thought that was well done.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOWEVER :shock:

The movie made me dissy. I know it was great at the same time, but it was just awkwardly done.

The whole bullying thing...they have a point...It DOES have to be stopped, but in a way...they were more making fun of the issue rather than helping it, which dissapoints me :(

I was in Western Massachusetts when Pheobe Prince committed suicide thanks to bullying. 6 classmates were formally charged with their connection in her suicide and had to do probation because of it. Bullying is a huge academic. I admit that I was at the hands of bulling in middle and high school. It wasn't fun. It really hurt. I never wanted to do bodily harm, but it just made my depression a lot worse....like dealing with Aspergers is bad enough.

The whole "What are you gonna do? Cry??" thing really pissed me off. Because it was like a bully intent. I mean, there is much worse people can do when at the hands of bullies than cry. This sh*t MUST BE STOPPED PEOPLE!!

The whole Dr. Oz thing...while I was excited to see Butters kick his ass, I was also a bit taken back by the violence of this episode along with him and his grandma. Do people realize that Bullying leads to violence?? You wonder why school shootings are now BACK on the rise?? It's not JUST the economy stupid :roll:

Finally, while I saw all the kids and Mr. Adler/Mackey. I didn't see principal Victoria (but I know she's around) but my concern is GARRISSON!!! WHERE THE f*ck IS HE?!? :cry: Could this episode finally be the intent where M&T begin to move on without him, I really hope not, because I miss Mr. Garrisson, I want him back!! :(

I'm giving this episode a 7.5/10 just because of these issues. While it was by far the best episode this season (um, I think...) there were just a few things that got me into this rant, and episodes are meant to not get me rolling like this...or is this a good thing? Ok now I'm just ranting :P
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet, but after checking the length of Stan's music video, we officially have a NEW RECORD in the "longest single shot" in SP! ~2:10 to 1313's ~1:50 ginger killing. It was not an easy feat, consider all the panning the animators had to do in the sequence.

After partially rewatching the show, I must say that I am amazed how well M&T blended the bullying issue with the rise and fall of Jason Russell/Kony 2012 in the plot. While the episode's ultimate purpose was to screw Stan over (poor Stan... :( ), Butters' character growth and his ultimate statements to his grandma is IMO the better ending. Butters summed up really well that bullies feel the same emptiness and insecurity as their victims, which is why they resort to bullying in an attempt to make themselves feel good. The repeated restroom scenes further reinforces that point.

Still keeping this episode at a 7/10 though (a "good" rating in my scale). Cut out the last 2 minutes or so and it would rise to 8/10.

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:40 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
Forgot to add this to my last post, but Stan was also sued in "Sexual Harassment Panda" (season 3) and in "Trapped in the Closet" (season 9) , so this would mean the 3rd time Stan was sued, maybe even fourth if I missed one.

I hope the end of this episode "resets" to normal. I'd hate it if Butters wasn't his naive self, and Stan was hated forever. But it always does, so that's good in this case.

I hate to say it, but this episode was heavily influenced on my liking of Stan. If I wasn't so much like I wished I wanted Stan to publish the movie and be very famous, which ever since I've watched the show I've wanted Stan to be a successful star, I would rate it a 9/10. For some reason, the Stan begin sued brought it down to a 7/10 for me. A little exaggerated, but I guess that showed how much of a fangirl I could be. (Though all the fanfic's I've written are Kyle-centric, and rarely involve Stan ever.)

Please read my previous post, I promise it's not nearly as bad as my last one, and it's a 'normal' post.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 1:49 pm Offline
Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:08 pm16
Great comeback from last weeks snore fest! I don't remember why,but I thought the opening scene was hilarious! The bullying song was frickin catchy,and though not to be taken seriously I enjoyed it. Also,dem cameos! Nice to hear from so many backgrounders! It was very unexpected. The whole "a sh*t load of campaign posters and sh*t won't do anything" angle was awesome. However,I really didn't get the Kony references until quite awhile after viewing. :oops:

I thought the scenes where Grandma bullied Butters were kinda....off. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way,and the thing in the bathroom was kinda gross-ish.

The ending was freaking WEIRD,but funny nonetheless.

The overall message was great,I'll give it an 8 out of 10.

xD compliment sandwich!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:10 pm Offline
Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:27 pm21
Well from what I can say with this episode its kinda decent. But the things I like from this episode is that Butters beating on Dr.Oz on his show and I saw all of the old characters in Stan's Video. So I will have give this a 7/10 for me. Better than the last episode but its pretty good though. Still the season is getting good. I hope the next episode will be more epic. Good Job South Park :D
Last edited by francisjairam121 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:29 pm Offline
Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:47 pm10
A few things...Butters should have manned up and beaten up his grandma to death right now like a bully victim should do to his bully always. If Jesus can appear then why not Mohammed!? For common sense's sake, bin Laden's dead and the world's safer once again!
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:35 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
What the hell did I just watch?

But yeah, it was pretty funny at the start. The music video was great, especially Cartman in drag. The ending, however... ehhhhhh... once again, I'm just weirded out. That seems to be a common occurrence with South Park lately.

Sort by  
Page 6 of 14 210 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next