Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 7 of 14 208 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:40 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
grieviousgeorge wrote:
A few things...Butters should have manned up and beaten up his grandma to death right now like a bully victim should do to his bully always. If Jesus can appear then why not Mohammed!? For common sense's sake, bin Laden's dead and the world's safer once again!

Remember the episode titled "201"? (production code 1406, and I'm not talking about 'Terrance and Phillip without my Anus'). They had a big controversy about the episode before's appearance of Muhammad. So that episode, they censored him and any mention of his name. And if you don't remember, it's because the controversy was the reason you can't watch "200", "201", and now, "Super Best Friends" (the 3rd was censored years after its first airing in 2001.) If you really want to know what I'm talking about, watch the episode and its predecessor semi-illegally or look up the 2006 Muhammad controversy (which was the start of the plot in "Cartoon Wars Part I" and "Cartoon Wars Part 2".)
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:44 pm Offline
Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm52
Niels0827 wrote:
JDEDJR wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
I was in San Diego last year (for South Park, ironically). And I had visited the Gaslamp District where Stan went, which was right next to the convention. I'm really glad I didn't see an 8-year-old dancing naked in the streets.

First off, Stan is 10 years of age. Sorry, but mistakes like that bug me like that.

Okay

JDEDJR wrote:
Please comment upon my opinion, and I congrajulate any of you....

It's "congratulate." Sorry, but mistakes like that bug me like that.

touché
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 2:56 pm Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:37 pm1
The song at the end made this episode the best I have seen in a long time. :mrgreen:
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 3:23 pm Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:15 pm1
This was a great episode, though after it was posted I was no longer able to play any of the older full episodes season 1-10?

Anyone else having the same issue?

thanks - Fish
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 3:53 pm Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:32 pm4
I loved this episode for many reasons.

First was the subject: people tend to think bullying is something kids do, but M&T show it adults extort people as well. This was shown with Bucky bullying Stan, the record label bullying via lawsuit, Dr Oz bullying Butters, Jesus bullying via threat of hell (I thought this was great).

Second I think Butter's Grandma being the bully was a good choice. She makes the statement in the episode that Butters needs to stand up for himself then proceeds to bully him. This is a common argument you hear, that bullying toughens kids up. This sets up a situation where Butters cannot tell on his Grandma, and he can only seek resolution by standing up to her.
After Butters beats up Dr Oz, he comes to the realization that standing up for himself and attacking Dr Oz made him feel good, but left him feeling empty. He accepts people like his Grandma will always exist, and that things don't last forever.

Then there's the "make bullying kill itself" shirts. I think theres an underlying statement saying the current bullying movement is trying to put out a fire with fire.

There's also Kyle's position. Hes the only one in this episode who actually cares about Butters and isn't trying to exploit him.

Also in Act 2, when Stan and Kyle are in the bathroom, Kyle argues with Stan, then Stan accuses Kyle of bullying him. Kyle calls him out on it, and he realizes he made a slip up.

This episode was a lil bit more philosophical than most, and I rather enjoyed it.
Last edited by Plyte on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 3:56 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Trey learned how to sing again, not just other people's songs either. Jesus Christ there were more characters than 200/1! Lots of jokes set up early that were delivered later. The outcome of Butters story was predictable. The implication that if you can't stop bullying completely and if your motives aren't pure you shouldn't try to fight it annoyed me, though there are problems in anti-bullying and furthermore people seem to bully critics of the issue. Anything as canonized as opposition to bullying needs to be laughed at and this episode succeeded at that. Everyone was in character again, which is getting thankfully predictable.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 4:02 pm Offline
Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:39 pm1
I Love the episode, the jokes of the bathroom make me LMAO, the message is pretty good too :timmy:
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 4:28 pm Offline
Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:47 pm10
99 i fail wrote:
grieviousgeorge wrote:
A few things...Butters should have manned up and beaten up his grandma to death right now like a bully victim should do to his bully always. If Jesus can appear then why not Mohammed!? For common sense's sake, bin Laden's dead and the world's safer once again!

Remember the episode titled "201"? (production code 1406, and I'm not talking about 'Terrance and Phillip without my Anus'). They had a big controversy about the episode before's appearance of Muhammad. So that episode, they censored him and any mention of his name. And if you don't remember, it's because the controversy was the reason you can't watch "200", "201", and now, "Super Best Friends" (the 3rd was censored years after its first airing in 2001.) If you really want to know what I'm talking about, watch the episode and its predecessor semi-illegally or look up the 2006 Muhammad controversy (which was the start of the plot in "Cartoon Wars Part I" and "Cartoon Wars Part 2".)

Yea I remember it unfortunately because some idiot threatened Matt and Trey but the good news is that he's locked up for a very long time and won't do anything to them at all so we can finally have Mohammed back on South Park with no repercussions whatsoever. Got that Comedy Central?
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 4:53 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
grieviousgeorge wrote:

grieviousgeorge wrote:
Yea I remember it unfortunately because some idiot threatened Matt and Trey but the good news is that he's locked up for a very long time and won't do anything to them at all so we can finally have Mohammed back on South Park with no repercussions whatsoever. Got that Comedy Central?

"Oh, it's been stwessful?! What's wrong with you, Comdey Central?! You greedy, selfish, little PRICK! ...Oh what? You gonna kwy? No, go ahead, kwy. Let me see ya. Let me see you kwy."

Heh, Comedy Central being bullied by its own viewers. :lol:

Oh yeah, unless Comedy Central does man up and bring those episodes back, mentioning them on the board will just piss me off and ban you for a day or so. The bans will get longer with each added mention.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 4:59 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
Can we stop talking about the Muhammad controversy on this thread? I remember the last time 3 episodes ago I directly made a post-air thread go off-topic, and it shouldn't happen again. There's probably already a thread for it, or make your own.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 5:10 pm Offline
Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:14 am72
My reaction to this episode was:

Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 5:34 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
Biscuits wrote:
My reaction to this episode was:

Now that lass sure looks like she could dish out some serious Gummy Bears :shock:
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 5:43 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
The music here gives it a 10. I love it. The songs. Awesome.

I don't like tension between Stan and Kyle. I hate it. That's the only problem I had with this episode.

This was great. The songs, seeing my favorite character strip and dance naked in San Diego, and the older characters being brought back, at least in the background.

Good stuff.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 6:01 pm Offline
Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:31 pm3
Very funny and featuring my favorite main charactor that isnt kenny (Butters). 10/10 :D
Waiting for the day that kenny's face is shown more offten.
Re: *1605: Butterballs* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 12, 2012 6:13 pm Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:11 pm1
Newbie here.

Okay, got all the references- loved em. Thought the same thing as Kyle about the "price" of the bullying film. Although maybe giving it an R rating and a pricetag at the theater gives it some credibility? I dunno.

Anyhow after watchin' the Jackin' it tune again I was wondering- are they busting on a certain trio from Lawrence Welk or somewhere else? After googling "blue blazer guitar trio" for too long- I gave up.

It could be an homage (if you can it that) to the Journeymen, Kingston Trio, The Limelighters or Chad Mitchell Trio. Seekers? Sandpipers?

Usually I am right there with the references. This one has me stumped.

Anyhow, production team: Kudos on the Ep - 9 out of 10.

Sort by  
Page 7 of 14 208 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next