Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 30 447 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30  Next
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 6:23 am Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
Meh. Within the first few seconds I guessed that it would be a parody of stuff like I Shouldn't Be Alive, with the twist being that ziplining is boring. And when they showed inside Stan's body I figured Kenny was going to die of boredom. So guessing things correctly really hurts an episode. And overall I found that the first half, while spot-on about stuff we all find annoying in tour groups and such, was not that funny. Second half was pretty amusing though, and that made this episode "decent." It would probably be in my bottom 25 if I ever ranked the entire series, but that's because the series as a whole is great.

Hoping for a Randy episode next, though another Butters one would be fine.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 6:25 am Offline
Sat May 30, 2009 4:25 pm8
Just couldn't do it, could you? Almost made a decent episode. Last week was awesome, and this one started out pretty good. But then, tragedy. Oh well. The show is dying, but it's had a pretty good run. Few signs of life here at the end. I just hope South Park can go out with some dignity at the end. Give us a good episode to remember you by, don't crap the bed before you go.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 6:45 am Offline
Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:13 pm22
About time Kenny has died from boredom. I liked that.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 am Offline
Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:38 am5Spain
I don't understand, why life action scenes?. Maybe because they thought that would seem more like the show they were parodying about, but I didn't work. But because real life Stan and Kenny were so hot, and I liked that Mr.Hankey came back, I give this a 7/10. Good job guys, but please STOP doing parodies of other shows, I want to wacth my favorite show not parodies of some lame shows. Trey and Matt: South Park is awesome how it is, you don't need other's shows to come up with ideas, your prodigious minds can create better stuff than that.
South Park and it's creators KICKASS :)
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 8:12 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
Imho the live action scenes were in kinda as a rip on how crappy and over the wall the acting in 'I Shouldn't Be Alive' is. Also the actors never even resemble the real people, they are acting to be. So they dressed up 4 adult guys as the boys...
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 9:19 am Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
That was....interesting. :timmy:

There were some really good stuff, and some really poor stuff if you ask me.

I loved the panic in the boys about ziplining and being around people. Tour groups for that long of a time, and someone like "so long story short... :lol: " Yea, I'd want to be away somewhere too.

Ziplines actually scare me, so bravo to them to do it, even if they now think it is totally lame. I'm also allergic to horses.... :oops:

I kinda had an idea that Kenny would die, and he did :) But that brings me to the thing I didn't care about...at all.

2 things actually, all the medical sh*t pieces, I really didn't care, although it was intersting to see how Cartman farts and creates diarreah by drinking a hell of a lot of diet dew and last night's mexican food :P

But the live sh*t turned me off for the most part. Sure, *Cartman* pissing off the boat was funny, seeing all the real people with herpes gave me a chuckle, and Mr. Hankey *poop* and then the sh*t mobiles...hilarious!!....but I couldn't tell the difference for a while between Kyle and Kenny until he died. The actors seemed more like broadway and to me, it dragged. I didn't care for it. I wanted to see the KIDS not ACTORS.

and Stan became a sellout. A ipod nano is now worth sh*t. They should have made it an Ipad or ipod touch or something. I feel sad for him though because of this. imo Stan has changed an awful lot in the past season and a half, and he's kinda soured the series. I'm sure its growing up, but I want him to be more happier and all pissed off at celebrity douches. Not all pussy like, and a deraigned brat. Apologies to those who that may have offended. It's just my opinion over the past season and half.

7/10. (I guess that is 2nd or 3rd on my list this season, which is pretty pathetic if you ask me....besides Butterballs, this season has SUCKED BALLS :( )
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 9:30 am Offline
Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 am3
This episode was just annoying. M&T please stop copying other sh*tty tv shows and get back to spoofing events in the news. Like why haven't we seen anything about Trayvon Martin or something about Iran? This season has been all over the place but mostly mediocre or bad. So far there has been one amazing episode (Cash 4 Gold), one good episode (TSA), two OK episode (Jewpacabra, Butterballs), and then two really sh*tty episodes (Faith Hilling, I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining). After the first couple of episodes this season really went downhill.

Personally I would love to something were someone kills Kenny (I mean hes already wearing a hood) and everyone goes crazy about it. Then the boys get offended that all of a sudden people cared that Kenny died. I think it would really work because you could bring in characters like Sgt. Yates and Officer Barbrady.

That's just one Idea. The point behind it is that M&T need to get back to creating plot driving spoofs instead of just copying their source material. There is enough material in the news lately that it shouldn't be a problem.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 am Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
of the 6 in order of favorite to least this season:

1. Butterballls
2. Toilet Seat one (by default....I didn't mind that one, I kinda liked it.)
3. Never gone Ziplining
4. Jewbarcarba
5. Cash 4 Gold
6. Faith Hilling
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 9:41 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
To update my last post - I just rewatched the episode... listen to Stan's 'Hollywood tough guy' voice. :lol: The live action scenes are 100% there just to rip on the poor acting in 'I shouldn't be alive'. And it works rly well. :mrgreen:
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 10:00 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I've noticed starting with last year but really picking up with this year, South Park fans have broken down into 2 groups with very little middle ground. Those who now hate the show and how its going, (why they still watch I don't know.) And those who really like the show and where it's going. I personally like how South Park is going, and I've been watching since 1998.
Well on further review; anyone who was worrying that Kyle and Eric were becoming good friend need not worry anymore. I'm abit sorry to see Stan is starting to become a thoughtless jerk like his father at times. So far I feel this is the weakest show of the season, but still miles ahead of anything else on TV right now. American Idol anyone? (now that would be a damn funny 2 part parody :) )
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 10:01 am Offline
Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:33 pm5
Niels0827 wrote:
raidpirate52 wrote:
Middle finger to people saying they liked the episode tonight.

I was starting to get irked that I was pretty much the only one who hated it. Kudos for making me feel better.

Not that I say "fuck you" to the people who liked it, though...

I completely agree. It lacked creativity really.. The idea was ok, but I felt that it was overall very stagnant and boring. Nothing happened, and whether the point was to exaggerate the nothingness or not, it was poorly done. Also, live action was not very entertaining. stick to cartoon and musicals! love ya!

First time i can honestly say I will not be watching this episode again.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 11:37 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
mo303564 wrote:
That was....interesting. :timmy:

There were some really good stuff, and some really poor stuff if you ask me.

I loved the panic in the boys about ziplining and being around people. Tour groups for that long of a time, and someone like "so long story short... :lol: " Yea, I'd want to be away somewhere too.

Ziplines actually scare me, so bravo to them to do it, even if they now think it is totally lame. I'm also allergic to horses.... :oops:

I kinda had an idea that Kenny would die, and he did :) But that brings me to the thing I didn't care about...at all.

2 things actually, all the medical sh*t pieces, I really didn't care, although it was intersting to see how Cartman farts and creates diarreah by drinking a hell of a lot of diet dew and last night's mexican food :P

But the live sh*t turned me off for the most part. Sure, *Cartman* pissing off the boat was funny, seeing all the real people with herpes gave me a chuckle, and Mr. Hankey *poop* and then the sh*t mobiles...hilarious!!....but I couldn't tell the difference for a while between Kyle and Kenny until he died. The actors seemed more like broadway and to me, it dragged. I didn't care for it. I wanted to see the KIDS not ACTORS.

and Stan became a sellout. A ipod nano is now worth sh*t. They should have made it an Ipad or ipod touch or something. I feel sad for him though because of this. imo Stan has changed an awful lot in the past season and a half, and he's kinda soured the series. I'm sure its growing up, but I want him to be more happier and all pissed off at celebrity douches. Not all pussy like, and a deraigned brat. Apologies to those who that may have offended. It's just my opinion over the past season and half.

7/10. (I guess that is 2nd or 3rd on my list this season, which is pretty pathetic if you ask me....besides Butterballs, this season has SUCKED BALLS :( )

Stan has been a little brat lately hasn't he? I don't know if M&T are intending him to behave the way he has been lately or it's just pure accident and he's the kid they want playing a certain role. Either way, like you said, I hope he does become happier and gives the boys a real reason to like him again. While funny he put them through hell for a lame ipod nano, I was kind of shocked because it has been the 3rd time now in this season he sort of went behind his friends' backs for his own fortune. It's funny but needs to stop now. The last thing we need is Stan to be compared to his father. That would be the WORST thing is if he turned into him.

I really hope next week has Stan and Kyle working together and being SBF's again. I really do. :(
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 12:05 pm Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:24 am1
Everybody who says anything positive about this episode is a kiss ass. This wasn't funny, it wasn't interesting, it wasn't even South Park. Don't know what the hell happened to Matt and Tray, but this is total sh*t.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 12:15 pm Offline
Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:11 pm2
karazykid wrote:
Just couldn't do it, could you? Almost made a decent episode. Last week was awesome, and this one started out pretty good. But then, tragedy. Oh well. The show is dying, but it's had a pretty good run. Few signs of life here at the end. I just hope South Park can go out with some dignity at the end. Give us a good episode to remember you by, don't crap the bed before you go.

- cartman
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 12:16 pm Offline
Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:46 pm4huh what.
Ok well I'm personally not trying to be a kissass but I did honestly like this episode a lot.
I thought the liveaction was hilarious and so out there and weird. And the fact that the actors didn't look remotely like the actual characters, and the obvious hand holding the hose and then real life Mr. Hankey, it was so crappily done that it was good.
I don't like the episode nearly as much as the Butterballs episode, but it is on the top of my list for the season so far!

I can't really say anything negative about this season though because I'm just happy to be watching new episodes again, sh*tty or not. There should be a catagory of fans who are just "whatever, it's all good", because that's what I fall under.

Also, I am surprised Kenny hadn't died of boredom yet in the whole run of the show. You think that would be one the first death ideas or something! Either way, one of my favorite deaths now. xD

Sort by  
Page 8 of 30 447 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30  Next