Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 26 of 30 447 posts Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Author Message
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 26, 2012 6:50 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Big-Will wrote:
Where... oh, yeah, Mr. Hankey. :lol:

"Howdy Ho boys. Let's get out of here." :lol:
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 26, 2012 10:52 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:12 pm1
This is the worst episode ever. It's not even remotely funny. It was a massive waste of time. Why waste our time because you assh*les are too stupid to know that ziplining is gay. If you wanted to go ziplining and have fun you should have done some research first idiots. My dad liked this episode. But I thought it was pure crap. I hate you assh*les.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 26, 2012 11:50 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
cerealkeller wrote:
This is the worst episode ever. It's not even remotely funny. It was a massive waste of time. Why waste our time because you assh*les are too stupid to know that ziplining is gay. If you wanted to go ziplining and have fun you should have done some research first idiots. My dad liked this episode. But I thought it was pure crap. I hate you assh*les.

You're the only one wasting your time. Your dad rocks.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostFri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:56 am14
Virus_ wrote:
Herp a derp.

If you watch any show like I ALMOST GOT AWAY or America's most wanted. The actors look nothing like the people they portray.

But people on this site are little kiddies and only watch one show on TV.

I enjoy every episode of South Park because it's smart satire. Some people want the old south park and they will never get it.

lol


Right? I mean, I'm not even North American, I Shouldn't Be Alive doesn't even go on air where I live, but even I got the joke, since there are some similars shows here...
I reeally don't mean to offend anyone but it does seem that most fans usually don't like the episodes that contain jokes that require a little bit a thinking before understanding completely, or you know, a little "thinking outside the box", as someone said a few replies ago. No, the new jokes are no rocket science, but they don't always come at the very moment you watch them. I'm not talking about intelligente, but... it does seem that it's a kind of lazy thinking fandom. Seems like most viewers want pre-digested irreverent humor, instead of well-thought criticism-carrying humor. The first ones were simple and funny, sure, but the last ones, well, they carry a way more powerfull content.
Indeed the old jokes were simpler, and still, they were awesome, but a show can't be recorded for 16 years and never change the jokes. M&T grew up, you like it or not, and some of the jokes got a little bit more... not sure if 'sofisticated' is a nice word to describe South Park humor, but that's the idea. They are slightly more complex now. And apparently, some people can't deal with it.
Signatures are gay.
Last edited by Donegati on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostFri Apr 27, 2012 8:14 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Big-Will wrote:
cerealkeller wrote:
This is the worst episode ever. It's not even remotely funny. It was a massive waste of time. Why waste our time because you assh*les are too stupid to know that ziplining is gay. If you wanted to go ziplining and have fun you should have done some research first idiots. My dad liked this episode. But I thought it was pure crap. I hate you assh*les.

You're the only one wasting your time. Your dad rocks.


You know though, it does seem like there's a major age divide in terms of liking certain episodes. I notice how younger viewers just aren't as into the sense of humor in the last few seasons while older viewers are more likely to appreciate the more recent humor, which transitioned from comedy to satire years ago.

As it keeps being said... the writers are in their 40s now. They're too old to do the same stuff they did in college. They write what they enjoy and satirize things that amuse or annoy them as adults. That's what they are and who they are writing for at this point. There's plenty of 20 somethings writing humor for the high school and college crowd and putting it on youtube or getting it on Adult Swim. That's fine as it's good to have stuff for that generation, but South Park quite simply hasn't been that for quite some time now. If people find the humor isn't clicking with them consistently, they should find something in line with their tastes rather than griping because their parents like it now.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSat Apr 28, 2012 12:01 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Donegati wrote:
I'm not even North American, I Shouldn't Be Alive doesn't even go on air where I live, but even I got the joke, since there are some similar shows here...
I reeally don't mean to offend anyone but it does seem that most fans usually don't like the episodes that contain jokes that require a little bit a thinking before understanding completely, or you know, a little "thinking outside the box", as someone said a few replies ago. No, the new jokes are no rocket science, but they don't always come at the very moment you watch them. I'm not talking about intelligente, as but... it does seem that it's a kind of lazy thinking fandom. Seems like most viewers want pre-digested irreverent humor, instead of well-thought criticism-carrying humor.

You may be right. It's a little sad.


Lyon82 wrote:
it does seem like there's a major age divide in terms of liking certain episodes. I notice how younger viewers just aren't as into the sense of humor in the last few seasons while older viewers are more likely to appreciate the more recent humor, which transitioned from comedy to satire years ago.

...Oh shitballs, I'm an "older viewer."


I just need a minute. :cry:


Quote:
There's plenty of 20 somethings writing humor for the high school and college crowd and putting it on youtube or getting it on Adult Swim. That's fine as it's good to have stuff for that generation

But wait, I'm also a twentysomething, just an older twentysomething.

Okay, I feel better. :wink:
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSat Apr 28, 2012 2:23 am Offline
  • Profile
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Right, but in your late 20s you're still outside of the college humor audience and probably old enough to get most of the references.

I mean, there's no definitive exact age, but roughly around the split between Gen X and Y. If you're old enough to remember a bit of the 80s and all the 90s, there's a lot of value added in recent seasons that seem to not be as well received by those in their teens and early 20s. It's not even the complexity or intelligence as just it not being their generation... much like when my 60ish year old parents reference old comedians and films that have no appeal to me at half their age. Everyone thinks what their parents like is lame. It's a rule of puberty.

Now the 30 somethings are old enough to have preteens and teens who may watch for the outlandish elements and broader humor, but not catch some of the major things in an episode. That said, South Park has grown up with M&T and that the perspective they write from is going to resonate better with someone closer in age. It's just uncommon for a show, particularly one that was started by relatively young guys would last long enough to have that change occur over the show's run.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSat Apr 28, 2012 10:52 am Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:56 am14
Lyon82 wrote:
Right, but in your late 20s you're still outside of the college humor audience and probably old enough to get most of the references.

I mean, there's no definitive exact age, but roughly around the split between Gen X and Y. If you're old enough to remember a bit of the 80s and all the 90s, there's a lot of value added in recent seasons that seem to not be as well received by those in their teens and early 20s. It's not even the complexity or intelligence as just it not being their generation... much like when my 60ish year old parents reference old comedians and films that have no appeal to me at half their age. Everyone thinks what their parents like is lame. It's a rule of puberty.

Now the 30 somethings are old enough to have preteens and teens who may watch for the outlandish elements and broader humor, but not catch some of the major things in an episode. That said, South Park has grown up with M&T and that the perspective they write from is going to resonate better with someone closer in age. It's just uncommon for a show, particularly one that was started by relatively young guys would last long enough to have that change occur over the show's run.


Not sure if I agree... I just turned 20 and I still get and love pretty much all of the jokes. But it's an interesting point of view :cartmansmirk:
Signatures are gay.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSun Apr 29, 2012 6:44 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
me and a friend reenacted a scene with cod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VonTfOCr4dY
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
Big-Will wrote:
Your dad rocks.

:) I see what you did there.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSun Apr 29, 2012 8:30 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
HAcoreRD wrote:
me and a friend reenacted a scene with cod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VonTfOCr4dY

Giggle.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostSun Apr 29, 2012 10:07 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Lyon82 wrote:
If you're old enough to remember a bit of the 80s and all the 90s, there's a lot of value added in recent seasons that seem to not be as well received by those in their teens and early 20s.

Ah, well, I have next to no actual memory of the 80s, culture-wise; I was six when they ended. I got caught up on a few things, and absorbed quite a few others through popculture osmosis, but there are doubtless still movies and stuff from the 80s I'm completely in the dark about. Thought to be fair, there's probably stuff from the 21st century I'm in the dark about or only know second-had. American Idol, for instance. I know it exists, and I know the premise, but I've never sat down and watched it because I would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon. This has held true since I was a teenager, so I don't think my age would matter in that instance.
I'm just rambling now. I'll stop. Anyway, yes, I do get a great many references. And hey, you know what I do when I don't get one? I look it up. Google is a wonderful and amazing thing.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostMon Apr 30, 2012 7:59 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:26 am3
This episode was the dumbest one I can ever remember watching. I think it's inevitable that the show is 1 step closer to coming to an end :?
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostMon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Dcase wrote:
This episode was the dumbest one I can ever remember watching. I think it's inevitable that the show is 1 step closer to coming to an end :?


Not until Season 20, minimum.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostMon Apr 30, 2012 9:05 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am58
Dcase wrote:
it's inevitable that the show is 1 step closer to coming to an end :?

Um, yeah, that's an accurate statement in the same way "You're one day closer to death" is an accurate statement, but I don't think that word, inevitable, means what you think it means...
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 26 of 30 447 posts Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X