Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 6 of 30 447 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 30  Next
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:34 pm Offline
Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:55 pm2
This is hands down the worst South Park ever made! I was so excited to get to see another SP especially after a great EP (Butterballs) but when I saw this one I was waiting the entire show for it to get funny. The ending was the worst part when it got realistic. They did the same thing in Tweek vs. Craig and the realistic park sucked in that EP too. At least the rest of Tweek vs. Craig was funny. I would not recommend anyone watch this one just skip it and save yourself 30 minutes of your time and to emphasize how much it sucked i would like to point out the following. I absolutely love every EP of SP but this felt like Trey and Matt hired some douchebag like Seth MAcFarlane to do this one.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:38 pm Offline
Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:55 pm5
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:
Why do episodes have to be either a zero or a ten with some of you people?

I don't know about other posters, but for me I am like a baseball umpire - I call 'um as I see 'um. This episode was an 11/10.

Now, adding to what I said in a previous post, in the early seasons it was just the boys being the four boys - and no Randy in those episodes. Just like tonight. No Randy. Yay! :mrgreen:

Are you high or just stupid Randy's the 2nd best character in South Park just behind Cartman. They need more episodes with Randy if they're gonna dig themselves out of the mess which they've created through the first 6 episodes.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Okay, high time I came on board to put in my tree-fiddy:

What I found pretty funny about the whole episode is the irony that we expected something unusual, maybe even supernatural, to happen while the kids were on their little tour, only to be doomed by the tour itself.

The live-action boat sequences and the narration of the goings-on inside the kids reminded me of what I've seen in the series "1,000 Ways to Die." Sure enough, the death was imminent, and the return of the OMGTKKYB catch phrase was perfect!

Stan at the end of this one..deja vu! :lol:

Perhaps the end for everyone was scattered at best, but in whole, it had its moments, especially if you can relate to some of the people they had to put up with on the tour. "Long story short..."...oh, dear lord...

7.5/10; not the best ep so far this season, but not the worst, either.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
zzyzx 1 wrote:
JerWu17 wrote:
Great to see Mr. Hankey return! But the fact that he didn't speak made it kind of an empty gesture...

He (Mr. Hankey) spoke. In the beginning of his scene he said something like "let's go home boys" or something like that; I'll have to watch the episode again for the exact quote. nall should have the episode up on the episode player at any time now :)

That doesn't really count dude. It was in reenactment mode AND it wasn't in the falsetto voice Mr. Hankey has. That's about as fake as the guy dressed up as Mr. Hankey in the Nebraska mall, and we know what the kids did to him...

-----

Yeah, considering how much M&T seemed to want to continue SP with the whole FIVE-year extension, their product have been such a downer this run. IMO Jewpacabra was AWESOME all the way through but the other 5 episodes have fallen flat in one way or another.

Since this week's episode is apparently the banked one, hopefully the crew will have more time to make the mid-season finale good...

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:46 pm Offline
Sun May 23, 2010 3:40 pm13
Not as good as "Butterballs" but not all that bad. The parody of "I Shouldn't be Alive" was funny, and the unabashed ripping of tourists was well deserved (no good pigeon feeders be damned no matter what place they ruin) and Kenny died, so there's that... 7/10
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostWed Apr 18, 2012 11:48 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
blindguy wrote:
(no good pigeon feeders be damned no matter what place they ruin)

Well said!
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 12:06 am Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Wow, people really want any reason to rip this season. This is likely my least favorite of the season, but I'm going to admit that much of that stems from the fact that I don't watch much reality television (and thus little tv in general) and thus the parody did not have the same effect. Same thing with W.T.F. where the hubby enjoyed it far more than I did simply because he could appreciate the content better having grown up watching wrestling. Last week I was stuck explaining the Kony 2012 sequence of events because he deliberately stuck his head in the sand for that nonsense and thus was confused with the ending. Humor varies a lot just based on what is being referenced, particularly with a deep parody as was being done this time around. Even within episodes, some people will identify with certain elements more than others.

From a technical standpoint it works. The story came together decently without huge loose ends and I definitely smirked often enough. I'm wondering if the Jackin' it in San Diego gag is about to become a bit of a running gag. However, I don't watch what they were parodying and thus specifics was a touch lost on me. It's not bad as much as not being able to appreciate the full scope of the parody.

The live action sequences did remind me immensely of the dreadful live action reenactments on shows like America's Most Wanted back in the 80s and early 90s. Guessing these shows never did get any better at doing them.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 12:15 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:
KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
... why were they live action on the boat?

Same reason they were twenty-somethings and Kenny was all dark haired, tan, and unmuffled. Because it was a reenactment.
That was, y'know, the joke.

And it went right over my head! DERP!

Haha, that's okay, you're clearly not the only one. Maybe they should have made the "The following is a reenactment and blah blah blah" screen a bit more prominent, or shown it more than once.

I thought the over-the-top acting was pretty funny. And the "actors" either not looking or not sounding like the "people" they were supposed to be portraying was also pretty funny. (And I guess I'm the only one who thought the "actors" playing Stan and Kyle looked a bit like young Trey Parker and Matt Stone, but that was pretty funny as well.) They clearly put some effort into it, just from it being live-action, and I gotta respect that, especially when they're used to being able to make a scene in two hours.
I also like parody (even when I haven't seen the show being parodied; I've seen the commercials for it, which was enough for me to get the joke) and the whole thing of making something super dramatic when it's just the opposite made me snigger. I'm not saying I think this is the greatest episode EVAR or that it was flawless or anything, but I thought it was very good. A solid 8.5/10, perhaps a smidgeon higher.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 12:20 am Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
checkmatejfp wrote:
This is hands down the worst South Park ever made! I was so excited to get to see another SP especially after a great EP (Butterballs) but when I saw this one I was waiting the entire show for it to get funny. The ending was the worst part when it got realistic. They did the same thing in Tweek vs. Craig and the realistic park sucked in that EP too. At least the rest of Tweek vs. Craig was funny. I would not recommend anyone watch this one just skip it and save yourself 30 minutes of your time and to emphasize how much it sucked i would like to point out the following. I absolutely love every EP of SP but this felt like Trey and Matt hired some douchebag like Seth MAcFarlane to do this one.

SETH f*cking MACFARLANE???? they HATE THOSE PEOPLE!

i give the ep a 9/10
+1 kenny's death gag
+1 ending was funny throwback (San Diego)
+1 didnt follow path of predictable in being lost...
+2 NO RANDY
+1 live action scene (WTF about Cartman hose)
+2 focus on four boys--finally! Damn that took long
+2 returning characters! (think Christmas poo)
-1 ending was weird and not fitting
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Last edited by (ugly)Bob on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 am Offline
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 pm84
Only had the chance to watch 3 episodes of the season so far and I loved this one. The whole "I shouldn't be Alive" concept was quite well done. The live action re-enactment, had me laughing, oh the drama. The plus, about it was the fact the actors looked around the ages the boys should be.
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 12:43 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Jimbeamo wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:

I don't know about other posters, but for me I am like a baseball umpire - I call 'um as I see 'um. This episode was an 11/10.

Now, adding to what I said in a previous post, in the early seasons it was just the boys being the four boys - and no Randy in those episodes. Just like tonight. No Randy. Yay! :mrgreen:

Are you high or just stupid Randy's the 2nd best character in South Park just behind Cartman. They need more episodes with Randy if they're gonna dig themselves out of the mess which they've created through the first 6 episodes.

Are YOU high?? Not everyone loves Randy, not everyone has to love Randy! He's an idiot and a pretty lame father and husband who's screen time needs to be lessened, not gained. The show is about his son, not him!

This is just your opinion and not everyone agrees he's the best, nor that these 6 episodes were crap.

Anyway... who else thought the actor portraying Stan was kinda hot?? :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 1:08 am Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
re-watched it and frankly... yeah. No real plot. that entire thing could have been a sub plot EASILY! so yea. reducing 9:10 to a 5:10 and that is me being nice.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 am Offline
Mon May 23, 2011 10:28 pm2
Worst goddamn episode they've ever done.. The part with real actors... Completely lame... So lame, I don't know what to say, extreme disappointment.. Southpark you are running out of stuff that makes me laugh... And can you stick some more marketing into your episodes, because I don't think there was enough in this piece of turd episode I just wasted 30 mins of my life on.. LAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 1:22 am Offline
Mon May 23, 2011 10:28 pm2
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:

11/10 huh, I hate you sir... I hate you more than I hated this episode... I would have rather watched paint dry...

Middle finger to everyone who liked this bull EP... Southpark I love you but STOP KILLING YOUR SHOW!!!

Less marketing, more sattire please... Have you lost your political genius T&M?
Re: *1606: I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining* Post-Air Disc PostThu Apr 19, 2012 2:13 am Offline
Fri May 20, 2011 3:01 pm8
This episode is AWESOME. Really funny.

Sort by  
Page 6 of 30 447 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 30  Next