Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 12 178 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 28, 2012 6:45 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
Wow, This ^ makes more sense then most explainations of Eric and Kyle's relationship. Eric needs an adversary to complete himself, and Kyle because of his nature, is better at fulfilling that role than most others are.
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 28, 2012 7:03 pm Offline
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
maxbjr wrote:
Wow, This ^ makes more sense then most explainations of Eric and Kyle's relationship. Eric needs an adversary to complete himself, and Kyle because of his nature, is better at fulfilling that role than most others are.

:D If i could like this post I would. This made me grin like crazy. and yes, that's a perfect explanation.

And how many other people listened to 'i swear' obsessively after this ep aired?? Because I did.
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 28, 2012 7:27 pm Offline
Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:35 pm1
That "I Swear" song is pretty catchy anyway... just saying.
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 28, 2012 10:05 pm Offline
Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:56 pm5
willowrose wrote:
And an edit- Stan and Kyle's bff-ship is what made me such a big SP fan in the first place. I'd like to see more of it. But Cartman and Kyle always crack me up. Cartman is codependent on Kyle. It's not so much that he hates him, it's that he LOVES to "hate" him. Cartman wouldn't be as much fun without Kyle in his life.

This is exactly how I see it! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I love the conflict between Kyle and Cartman and I wish there was more of it as well.

I loved the episode. Though the whole premise was rather predictable, the whole "stay away from my man bitch" thing caught me off guard (in a good way). Cupid me was a bit eyebrow-raising and strange, but you can't expect much less when Cartman is involved. It was good to see Cartman completely return to form here: racist, manipulative, and pissing Kyle off beyond belief.

Oh, and guys...the Batmobile is outside. Seriously, it's right outside.
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 pm Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
Yes, that's a good summary of the model of 'Kyman' relationship that works. When I said on the previous page, "The Cartman/Kyle gay bit was the first mashing of those characters that has really worked this season," that is sort of what I was getting at. They have been too friendly this season though, forced into weird alliances, and have appeared 'cool' with each other in places. Though this episode still had a very forced way of mashing them together it had good results in terms of conflict being created because of that mixture. I suppose I'll conclude by saying their relationship is one of the most interesting in the show, but leaves little room for one to even tolerate the other without making remarks, and it's that very conflict which makes them interesting together.
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
willowrose wrote:
Kyle noticing the girls taking more of an interest in him once they thought he was gay was priceless. This is me with a gay guy. ;p

He had no idea that was the reason until... well, sometime before he punched Cartman to the ground. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 28, 2012 11:06 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
And how many other people listened to 'i swear' obsessively after this ep aired??

I watched Cartman's version a few times, yeah. But I'm still sick of All-4-One's version from the overplay it got 18-16 years ago (yes, it was overplayed for like two years) and I could never stand the country version.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 29, 2012 1:34 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I wish Kyle had punched Cartman or something in the end. When he got up and Cartman was still saying his 'love note', I thought we were going to see Kyle on the screen sneak up from behind and beat his ass or something. That would have been funny. It felt so... anticlimactic. It's in Kyle's nature to get Cartman back for things like that, wish we saw.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 29, 2012 2:37 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Since Cartman was in the control booth, he got to see everything, even Kyle leaving his seat. So, he pulled off the Bat-Mobile diversion and get everyone out, including Craig, Clyde, ...and Kyle.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 29, 2012 10:29 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
NeuroHeart wrote:
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
And how many other people listened to 'i swear' obsessively after this ep aired??

I watched Cartman's version a few times, yeah. But I'm still sick of All-4-One's version from the overplay it got 18-16 years ago (yes, it was overplayed for like two years) and I could never stand the country version.

:o Oh Christ, there was a country version of it? Glad I missed that one.
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 29, 2012 8:57 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
The All-4-One version, naturally, was a cover and an improvement. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostTue May 01, 2012 6:10 am Offline
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
Stanluv25 wrote:
I wish Kyle had punched Cartman or something in the end. When he got up and Cartman was still saying his 'love note', I thought we were going to see Kyle on the screen sneak up from behind and beat his ass or something. That would have been funny. It felt so... anticlimactic. It's in Kyle's nature to get Cartman back for things like that, wish we saw.

He did push him, earlier on the playground. Remember? I'm so happy with this one. And it's not a downer like 1507. We'll just have to accept that we have to wait now. But at least we can make speculations about whether the 'reset' button will be pressed. I hope not. This one made me very happy. :P :mrgreen:

Edit: I dunno how anticlimactic it is to hear your worst enemy or so he thinks declare love for you in front of a huge audience. Whether you think it's true love or whatever is up for discussion but my reactions towards this was similar to the poor kid. I mean screaming and rolling.
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostTue May 01, 2012 1:35 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
BRMBug wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:
addictedtoblur314 wrote:

:o Oh Christ, there was a country version of it? Glad I missed that one.

Right?? It was pretty terrible. I didn't hear it first, even though it was the "original," but it popped up somewhere, like a supermarket or something, and I thought my ears would start bleeding.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1607: Cartman Finds Love* Post-Air Discussion PostTue May 01, 2012 9:42 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:37 pm41
Another boring episode.

Sort by  
Page 11 of 12 178 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next