Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 4 47 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Very coherent episode with many parts that all joined up. Jokes were set up and all paid off. The same set up was used for multiple jokes. All the characters were used well and lots of injokes from past episodes like Jimbo not having a wife.

Sadly a few jokes (The calls to the security place?) were over used but it was played with so i can't fault them that much.

Quote:
Some parts were funny or interesting, but it felt so scattered sometimes.

Odd, it felt pretty much the opposite of scattered to me :I I'll agree that raising the bar was so "meh" i forgot it all already, but Sarcastaball was hilarious to me. It's been a pretty good season sofar.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 pm Offline
Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:24 pm12
this season is going pretty good..but this one is deffinantly the second best..sarcastiball being the first
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 10, 2012 11:31 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Wow, I really, really liked this episode. They managed to keep both Randy and Cartman from getting out of hand. It's also been awhile since we've had an episode of showing just how damn retarded the adults of the town can be. This was definitely a bit of a throw back to Child Molestation Isn't Funny and Red Badge of Gayness in terms of the adults getting into all kinds of foolery.

However this does kind of cement that the Broflovskis are the closest thing to rational as the town gets. I liked the fact that despite Kyle and Ike having a major misunderstanding, it is a fairly honest one and they are the ones who didn't overreact. And in true South Park fashion, Kyle's general level headedness (or attempt at it) backfires.

Loved the jab at the home security services and how somehow we got to the point that we think danger is lurking around every corner in small town or suburban life. God, if I had a dollar for every time someone marveled at how I can not be scared to go out and do things (ie, live). Something tells me that someone's had one of those ridiculous discussions.

This episode and Butterballs are easily my favorites of the season and are on par with many of the best shows in the show's history.

I'm almost surprised they didn't toss in a reference to 50 shades of gray as it's everywhere and would have been a proper fit.

Excellent episode, but am really hoping for the last few episodes to be directed away from Cartman and Randy.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 12:27 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Lots of funny moments in this Kyle telling Cartman that the Jewish population is rising followed by Cartmans insecurity alarm going off made me lol as did Cartman trying to remember his pass phrase. This one for me is the funniest from 16b so far.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Happily satisfied. I knew in that first minute why everyone would think Sheila was doing the UPS guy. I love how Ike's little sketch was passed around by everyone and everyone thought someone else drew it, thus thinking their wives were seeing the UPS guy. :lol: And no one seemed to remember what they ordered from Amazon. XD I hate how misleading the press info was. It was more about the men of SP trying to protect their wives from the UPS guy and everyone having crazy security more than Cartman doing anything. Of course the only way to deal with the supposed 'affairs' was the beat the UPS man up! :roll: The way he died was so funny and classic SP. That poor man never did anything wrong. :( When everyone was calling up home security and In-security... hahaha! So confusing!

Besides the fact Stan only had one scene... good episode, better than last week's. I rate... 8/10.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 4:05 am Offline
Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 pm13Wuhan,China
7.8/10
Enjoy this episode,especially the Cartman's line "You should have respected my authoritah~!".And,when everyone's insecurity system start alarming,I laugh out loud.
This episode is a good episode in 16B,not great as 16A,though.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 5:00 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Another good one.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 7:44 am Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1434in a secret underground bunker
Of the three episode so far, this was by far the BEST one!!

A) Gerald as the UPS man and Ike seeing it all :lol: Oh kids.... :P Plus making fun of Cilalis didn't hurt.

B) Cartman getting shocked and the Alarm going off when he heard the Jewish Population was on the rise, then getting pIssed with an Indian picked up the other line. Classic Cartman :o

C) The Bane part at first I thought would get old, but in reality it was great. Especially Cartman in the end and "Respect my authorita!" :cartmanevil:

D) I looved how they brought back the old indian burial farm guy from season 6. That was just great 8)

The only negative part of this was maybe too much of the home system guys, but that is a side note. Overall this episode was great.

9/10 (not the highest..but pretty darn good!)
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 8:43 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Quote:
This episode proved that every grown man in South Park, with the exception of Gerald, is a complete f*cking moron

Gerald has his moments like in "Major Boobage" that fight with Kenny in the sandpit :lol: but yeah the Broflovskis are my favourite family in South Park.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 9:32 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2269Croatia (SE Europe)
Great episode!
Lots of old school SP jokes. The adults acting crazy and paranoid. Especially Jimbo, since he's not married. I loved the old creepy guy. We haven't seen him in a while.
Home security alarms were annoying at first, but got funnier each time they went off.
Butters' dad saying to UPS guy that his feelings for him are just some kind of spell was brilliant. It fits his role perfectly.
I'm just sorry Ike didn't have a bigger role. And will Kenny have a line in this season at all?
Still, I loved it.
9/10

Lyon82 wrote:
However this does kind of cement that the Broflovskis are the closest thing to rational as the town gets.

That's why they love the smell of their farts.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 9:59 am Offline
Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:42 pm2721
My favorite moment in the episode was when all the male adults' Insecurity Phones went off when Gerald said "It's just a way I can still be intimate with your mother without relying on silly sexual enhancement drugs".

Oh man I couldn't breathe that was so clever. :lol:
Quote:
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 10:29 am Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
Solid episode all around. Probably my favorite this year. Like my previous favorite (Butterballs), the overused gag had enough variation so it worked well.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 11:45 am Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
"You want that milk pasteurized?" "No, I want the milk up to my boobs. I can splash the milk in my eyes!" :lol:
That creepy Pet Semetary guy was in another SP episode, but I can't remember which one. Anyone know?
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 2:01 pm Offline
Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:28 pm22
MoonBear70 wrote:
"You want that milk pasteurized?" "No, I want the milk up to my boobs. I can splash the milk in my eyes!" :lol:
That creepy Pet Semetary guy was in another SP episode, but I can't remember which one. Anyone know?

It was Marjorine which is another one of my favorites.

This was an awesome episode. I like how it referred to other South Park episodes that made fun of commercials and infomercials as well as the Pet Sematary reference that's one of my favorites. The first 1:20 had me cracking up so much I cried. TDKR parody parts were also nicely done but not relied on too heavily. Overall, it was paced pretty well and was quite enjoyable. They're back on their game.
Re: *1610: Insecurity* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 11, 2012 2:37 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
I wonder who True List is and what voices he (or she) provided.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 2 of 4 47 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next