Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 5 posts
Cartman forgot about being Jewish ?? PostMon Oct 08, 2012 9:50 pm Offline
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:26 am33
I knew this would happen. Cartman had a nightmare vision
and they became jewish....now thats all forgotten like it never happened...its cheap...lame...weak... :evil:
shame on the writers. :cry: I hate this kind of thing.

Maybe Cartman can turn jewish a few times per season...
the way Kenny does every so often .
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY !
Re: Cartman forgot about being Jewish ?? PostMon Oct 08, 2012 10:13 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
This has been a common theme since South Park began. The most obvious example is from the early seasons. Kenny died. But the next episode Kenny was back as if he never died. Here, Cartman was Jewish at the end of one episode. The next episode through the present, Cartman is back to what he was before.

Logical? In South Park tradition, yes.
Re: Cartman forgot about being Jewish ?? PostTue Oct 30, 2012 1:44 am Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I really wish this had been addressed in some kind of cutaway fashion. Even "Ass Burgers" half-assedly tied up it's loose ends, and Kenny's Deaths has always been just a running joke thing.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: Cartman forgot about being Jewish ?? PostFri Dec 14, 2012 2:46 pm Offline
Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:14 pm4
Yeah, that bothered me too. I wish they'd at least made fun of the fact they weren't addressing it, like have them watching Terrence and Phillip in the next episode, and Cartman complains about when shows act as if the events of the previous week didn't even happen, even as the characters act like Cartman didn't publicly renounce Christianity. That would've been funny, and only taken about ten seconds.

In any case, I wrote 90% of a fan fic where Cartman kept up with it, using a less than sincere attempt to convert to manipulate Kyle.
"I have a hemorrhoid, Stan. I have a hemorrhoid, and, Cartman has his own theme park." -Kyle

"How would you feel, Kyle, if there was a cartoon on television that made fun of Jews all the time? Huh?" -Cartman
"Uh..." -Kyle
Re: Cartman forgot about being Jewish ?? PostSun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:22 am59McLe, VA
Guys, Matt and Trey addressed this in the episode itself! Look "more closelier" at it. Throughout the episode Kyle says those who believe in stuff such as Jewpacabra have to be "a liar, or stupid." When Cartman tells Kyle "I'm not lying", Kyle believes him. Meaning what? That Cartman is stupid! Listen to Kyle's tone of voice when addressing Cartman at the end. He's clearly humoring him. Kyle knows, just as the viewer should, that stupid Cartman will get over his "being Jewish" phase in about a week, which is exactly what happened.

Not everything has to be spelled out.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 5 posts