Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 3 of 3 44 posts Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 5:56 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Nah. If it's going downhill, a new character won't help any. Consider the girls in "The List" and Bradley Biggle - have they helped the show any since they've been introduced? How about Bridon Gueermo? Scott Malkinson? The Goths? The Vamps? New characters appear in almost every episode and a few have managed to stick around. Have any of them helped the show any?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 6:48 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
Where is this blackboard and the press images? Plz tell me :D
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 8:53 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Right here!

Image
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 30, 2012 9:17 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 31, 2012 2:12 am Offline
  • Profile
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Stan stands for standing. Fun for a person with speech problems like me to try and say lol. Wonder now if the majority of the episode will be narrated by Stan? So excited to watch already!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 31, 2012 2:20 am Offline
  • Profile
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
Big-Will wrote:
Nah. If it's going downhill, a new character won't help any. Consider the girls in "The List" and Bradley Biggle - have they helped the show any since they've been introduced? How about Bridon Gueermo? Scott Malkinson? The Goths? The Vamps? New characters appear in almost every episode and a few have managed to stick around. Have any of them helped the show any?


Well Timmy and Jimmy both made South Park funnier so I was thinking of another new character to come in and have little spots where they do or say something funny in certain episodes. I think the goth kids are great. I was just thinking of something to make the show at least a little better.

By the way, I think we need a new Jimmy episode.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 31, 2012 6:35 am Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
nwt000 wrote:


Thank you
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 31, 2012 12:23 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Garrison is obviously doing another one of his TV show lectures. They used to do that more often when they needed him talking in the background while the kids discuss something during class.

Stan stands for standing? That cause has his name written all over it.

Well none of the previews or press info has me super stoked for tonight. It feels like an average idea for an average 'sode. But I do see some potential for Stan to do something interesting character-wise. And hey, an average South Park is still better than most of what passes for comedy in TV World.

Or maybe I'm coming down from a sugar rush; I've been scarfing Halloween candy all goddamn day. It's terrible. I haven't eaten this much candy in like 10 years. Maybe that's why I'm all Debby Downer on tonight's prospects.
Image
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 31, 2012 3:08 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
nwt000 wrote:
Why's everyone looking so deep into what Mr. Garrison's writing on the blackboard? It probably has no relevance to the plot, like the time he taught the class about Game of Thrones in Cartman Finds Love.

Part of the game of speculation is trying to tell what will be significant and what won't be. In this show you never know what'll be important.

Let's take a good example you brought into it - "Cartman Finds Love" was a complete mindfuck preview-wise because it was all setup to mislead people into thinking Cartman will finally fall in love.

But if you really paid close attention to the preview clip and press release details, you knew exactly what it was about in advance - this was if you looked for little clues, like Token being tagged in the preview clip, or the deliberate lack of note of Cartman liking the new girl himself - just the very general, vague wording.

Now, there's nothing to say you're wrong - what Mr. Garrison wrote on the board probably isn't going to be anything important. But there's nothing wrong with people speculating about it, either.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 31, 2012 5:10 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
The second clip involves "Standing Your Ground" which involves being able to defend yourself from someone you believe is a threat to your safety and welfare. We might actually be looking at the Trayvon Martin case here, you guys.

EDIT: Troubling news; this now seems to be a Towelie episode based on this official Facebook picture.
Image
Just in case you don't remember, the last two episodes that featured Towelie prominently were considered perhaps two of the worst episodes in history.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 31, 2012 11:52 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Sorry, no Towelie in the episode. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 2:46 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
I'm keeping this open to pursue this train of thought.
Randy's balls wrote:
Well Timmy and Jimmy both made South Park funnier so I was thinking of another new character to come in and have little spots where they do or say something funny in certain episodes. I think the goth kids are great. I was just thinking of something to make the show at least a little better.

Well, you should know that Timmy was an unexpected big hit with the fans. If he hadn't been, he wouldn't still be on the show. Same with Jimmy: they originally added him to pal around with Timmy, and again he was a big hit with the fans. So in these two cases, the fans wanted them to stay on the show, and Trey went with it. I guess there haven't been any new characters out of the hundreds they've shown in the 11 years since Jimmy showed up that have been big hits with the fans.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 12:13 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
Just saw it. amazing :lol:
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Pre-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 12:35 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
Big-Will wrote:
I'm keeping this open to pursue this train of thought.
Randy's balls wrote:
Well Timmy and Jimmy both made South Park funnier so I was thinking of another new character to come in and have little spots where they do or say something funny in certain episodes. I think the goth kids are great. I was just thinking of something to make the show at least a little better.

Well, you should know that Timmy was an unexpected big hit with the fans. If he hadn't been, he wouldn't still be on the show. Same with Jimmy: they originally added him to pal around with Timmy, and again he was a big hit with the fans. So in these two cases, the fans wanted them to stay on the show, and Trey went with it. I guess there haven't been any new characters out of the hundreds they've shown in the 11 years since Jimmy showed up that have been big hits with the fans.


Was that last sentence a sarcastic one?

Anyways, It was just a thought anyway. I would be one of the last people to complain about South Park not having enough great characters. I think they have more great characters than any other show.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 3 of 3 44 posts Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X