Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 6 76 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 8:21 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
BY FAR... BY F*ckin FAR...The Best show of this run!! 8)

I loved Stan fighting for something that many might not feel is right, or better yet, being able to see beyond what others might see. Making his own choices and being himself. Something a lot of us have lost as of late. We seem to be followers, not leaders. This episode has proven to me that Stan IS a LEADER!! :)

I did enjoy Stan's take on Lance Armstrong. Nike needed a good ripping :P At first when I heard that the braclets were on "WWJD" I was taken back and kinda a little pissed, but then I remembered how many times SP has ripped on every religion and so I was able to laugh it off. :roll:

I've never wore wristbands. I remember all the "Colors" but I just avoided that fab. I only own the "Livestrong" blacelet but I have only worn it once...and I have no intentions of wearing it again.

I loved seeing Jesus....Him on HGH is killer!! :twisted: :lol:
Oh and that Belarus Interview...that had me ROFL :o

I also loved the Dr. Suess Parody. For once it was basically perfect...not too much and enough to enjoy. :D

9/10

PS: I'm 99.7 percent sure that the next episode will be on the election. However, I cannot predict how it will be involved.

I think "Sandy" will be in the next run....too little is still known and the story is still developing. I think it's best to leave it to develop and until they can get the FULL story, and then get something to make it funny...because right now "Sandy " IS NOT FUNNY. It's a disaster here in America, and much still needs to happen before we can begin to make "light" not even "Fun" but just "light" of the situation.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 8:41 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
You know, given they've done several election episodes, I would actually be inclined to see them pretty much make fun of how the world won't end based on who wins and not a whole hell of a lot actually changes based on who the president is. With all the end of the world apocalypse nonsense it would be a nice take on it all.

As far as the Stan stuff goes... while he does stand up for himself, his reasons are pretty damn selfish and blatantly so. That's the barrier between Stan and Kyle as Kyle also avoids the whole fad, but pretty much keeps it to himself rather than tries to start another cause out of the matter. That has been a recurring theme in the last couple seasons.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 8:47 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Really f*cking bizzare episode. I can't say I liked it, I can't say I disliked it. It met my expectations pretty much perfectly.

The main highlight was the return of SP Jesus, who's been rather pushed to the side since Season 11, only appearing as a Super Best Friend and for a quick cameo in "Butterballs".

We get a great formula with Stan picking up his cause and falling from grace and all, but you know what this episode was really missing at the end?

HE'S GONNA JACK IT WHERE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINES~!
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 9:08 pm Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Great episode..I just watched it..I loved the Dr Suess animation sequences..I thought it was pretty clever. I liked the message...If someone wants to support a cause, they should do it other ways besides wearing a cheap plastic wrist band. When people do that, it really just seems like they want a pat on the back for supporting a cause, instead of like they really care about the issues.

Anyway, that is awesome that Trey and Matt sometimes come here..
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 9:16 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
I didn't have high expectations for this episode, so this was a nice surprise. Thoroughly entertaining episode.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 pm Offline
Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:56 am3
Decent episode, I enjoyed it more than last week's. The return of Jesus was great, and the Dr. Seuss parody was unexpected but funny :)
The beginning seemed kind of weak though. Stan's "cause" was also very selfish and not amusing in my opinion. I think he's become the most uninteresting of the four main boys, along with Kenny when he has no lines in an episode.

7/10

Still looking forward to the season finale, knowing it's very likely going to be about the election in some way.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18782I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
The more I think about it, the more I can't believe they did the whole Seusian thing. I thought the retarded fish was the weirdest thing in the ep until that happened. I'm not deducting from the episode for that though. I still laughed a fair amount at it. (the ep that is) Not as much as 'Face Time though. I will admit this: I thought the retarded fish was pretty stupid.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 11:08 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Retarded fish ain't that retarded, lol. "Nnno, No, I'm good. Thank you."
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 01, 2012 11:22 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18782I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
...okay, well that little bit was a giggle.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 02, 2012 1:02 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I liked it more the second time. The whole idea of wearing wrist bands to support something isn't that amazing. Which is funny as I have a green 'I love boobies' band that supports breast cancer. (or so they claim). But like Stan said- I just wear it because I like it. Not to show the world what I support. I just like having something on my wrist.

Retarded fish speaking! XD

Surprised I didn't care too much for the Dr. Suess parody. I loved all the rhyming in Woodland Critter Christmas. It was just okay for me this time around.

So funny that Jesus knew nothing of the Belarus crisis. And I still have to lol that he's an actual character in the show, not just some deity from many religions. A couple fav lines:

Cartman: Jesus asterisk Christ, Stan!

Butters (pokes Stan): You're a cute butthole now! :lol:

8/10. Funny, but not an episode I see myself watching again and again in the years to come.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Ahem, memememe. I liked the poem, :)

You came for a scause to wear on your paws.
And you want others to wear yours upon thaurs.

In the modern age there are those who believe
That a cause is a thing to be worn on one's sleeve.
And so, we sell a cause. It's called a scause.
And wearing a scause gets you lots of applause.
We start with some plastic which is shirped by our shirpist
Then dip it in colors that show off your purpose.
There are green scauses for recycling, blue scauses for kitties,
And pink scauses that focus on nothing but titties.
Do you hate abortion? Ah! Then a white scause is for you!
Why not champion your scause with some sparkles and glue?
We make scauses for this! We make scauses for that!
Why there's even a scause for just being fat!
What's the matter? Can't think of a scause?
How about raising awareness for the hairs in your schnozz?
Let's just think of the thing that you care about most.
Then let's make it orange, like marmalade toast!
And now I'd like to say "thank you" for your coming down.
I'm off to go sell these in your little town!
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 02, 2012 8:07 am Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:32 pm4
For those who don't know, I think the Dr. Seuss style section was parroting the Dr. Seuss' The Sneetches. Theres a youtube video of it if you've never seen it.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 02, 2012 9:13 am Offline
Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:00 am1
I normaly love south park and im all for taking a step back and laughing you your self once in a while but im catholic and i normaly laugh at a lot of the stouph that involves my faith because yall just take issues and blow them way out of proportion which can be funnny, but this time was just too far..... I dont even know what to say.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 02, 2012 10:25 am Offline
Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 am13
Ahh, this is the South Park I love! Great, great episode. 9.0/10

South Park is best when Matt and Trey are totally out of ideas, it seems (I'm guessing that they are out of ideas, since they did their Halloween episode on October 24th). LIke they've pointed out before, the shows where they just do a lot of weird funny sh*t are often way funnier than their more thought-through ones.
Re: *1613: A Scause for Applause* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 02, 2012 12:42 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
After two iterations, I must admit as a Stan fan that Stan's new "thinks that the whole world revolves around him and only cares about his image" personality can be pretty cool at times. His assertiveness rises to Kyle/Wendy levels when this side of him kicks in. Just look at the verbal pwnage he put on Craig, man that was awesome!

I do hope though that M&T won't neglect Stan's emotional, considerate side in the future though. Thank goodness he didn't end up in SD this time...

As a huge fan of satire, I really like how this episode mocked all sides in the whole Armstrong doping scandal deal. It was a good use of Stan and Jesus to skewer Armstrong's weak-handed denial attempts, the townsfolk to skewer those who deified him in the past and are now emotionally-hurt by his imperfections, and an awesome Dr. Seuss bit to skewer cause wristbands for promoting and profiting off the whole "slacktivism" mindset.

It's about a 8.5/10, the best so far this run. Every episode this run has been incrementally better than the one before. Hopefully this means that M&T will hit it out of the park with the season finale!

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST

Sort by  
Page 4 of 6 76 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next