Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 2 of 5 65 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 04, 2012 9:48 pm Offline
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 pm12
(ugly)Bob wrote:
JmLovesSouthPark wrote:
To (ugly)Bob:
Look, I'm sorry I'm not trying to be mean or a flamer, I'm just annoyed that people are complaining about things that shouldn't even matter, in my eyes anyway. Yes, you have your opinion, but I also have mine so that's what I feel on everyone complaining about there's too much Cartman episodes...
And it's weird that I actually liked mostly all the episodes in this season and others say this is the worst season...hm...

It's weird we have a different opinion?

No, I was just saying a lot of people said this season sucked but here I am saying this was the best season ever~ And I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion, I just don't agree, that's all~
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 04, 2012 9:49 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
^^^^^

Ah, i see what you are saying. I misinterpreted your statement.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 04, 2012 9:59 pm Offline
Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 pm13Wuhan,China
The last episode in season 16.
Hope this is a hilarious one.
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am560
The irony of this situation is that in November 2008 all the boys were 5-6 years old, and Ike, most likely, didn't even exist. :wink:
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
nwt000 wrote:
Just what I wanted Cartman and Obama. (sigh)

And you call me a pessimist.

This episode sounds fine to me. Every previous election episode has been solid after all. I'm curious whether Cartman's secret may be more related to which candidate - and if it will relate at all to previous episodes. It's probably just wishful thinking that Cartman has evidence of Obama's master thief days :P I'm curious if Romney's Mormonism will be referenced as well, given Trey and Matt's interest in Mormons. Also, weird as it sounds, I'm kind of interested to see how Cartman uses his newfound political power.

I assume, given the title, he'll blackmail Romney and cause a landslide for Obama. Which'll be twice as funny if Romney wins.

Also, just saying, it's really about time we got to see Vice President Joe Biden in South Park, even if it's just a silent cameo. We've seen Clinton and Gore, Bush and Cheney, hell, McCain and Palin, but Biden's been nowhere to be found for four years. I vaguely remember him being in one of the extra materials from 'Six Days to South Park: About Last Night...' but a lot of of the extra stuff's gone now, besides the videos.

Also, I'll shuddup after this, I'm curious if Ron Paul will get a cameo of any kind. He did check out of the election but maintains his supporters, oddly enough. Not expecting it, just saying it'd be interesting.

As for the number of Cartman episodes... I don't feel this run has been particularly bad. Season 16A was a lot worse, with Cartman playing a major role in the first four episodes of the season in a row.

Pseudo-edit:

Quote:
The irony of this situation is that in November 2008 all the boys were 5-6 years old, and Ike, most likely, didn't even exist.

There is so much political irony in the show now it's even funnier than before.

In "two years", the kids have been through three U. S. presidents across now four elections and terms. Fifteen years of American politics... and they're still ten.

Then again, if I recall, in "Behind the Blow" which aired in 2001, the American-Canadian War was still referred to as taking place in 1999... that makes things interesting, no?
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 04, 2012 10:40 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Meh. Election episodes are often done pretty well on the show front, but considering that I am getting pollsters calling three times a day for two states' elections, I am just a touch burned out on the politics. And I am far from apolitical. So I think I'll go into this episode trying to be open minded despite my exhaustion at the two year, multi-billion dollar affair and enjoy it.

I'm in that boat of agreeing on the fact that Cartman's been a touch overused this season as he has been the focus of the A or B plot for nearly the entire season minus Butterballs, Going Native and Scause for Applause.

Quite frankly it would actually be nice to get a Kyle episode that isn't hijacked by Cartman just because he pretty much hasn't had much to do in episodes other than set up the Cartman plot. Jewpacabra, Cartman Finds Love, Raising the Bar and Insecurity all did this and were mostly Cartman focused. As much as I can appreciate a good rivalry (Cartman finds love was a nice twist on their rivalry this time), it would be nice to see him have a plot on his own or with any other set of characters.

As has been mentioned, it's not that Cartman isn't an entertaining character, but that it can be too much if not left in check. Same goes for Randy at at times.
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 04, 2012 11:13 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I wonder why we don't have any preview material yet.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 04, 2012 11:49 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
They're waiting for me to show up and clean up this thread. Bwahahaha. :twisted:

nwt000 wrote:
CartmansWhore, quit being a troll please.

One post does not a troll make.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 05, 2012 12:14 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
All right, I predict that Cartman = Donald Trump (and all right-wingers with claims of Obama-harming bombshells that turn out as duds when released). But in the weird inverted reality that SP may be sometimes (like Saddam making WMDs in heaven), fatass's bombshell may be ridiculous yet real.

Man I wish that Wendy would be the stand-in for Obama instead and Cartman tries to blackmail her. But I guess that'd be too close to Dances with Smurfs material (though Cartman vs. Wendy never gets old IMO...hehe :cartmancry: ).

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Cartman's got a secret!
Dirty little secret!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/p ... e-election

The presidential election isn't over! Cartman is hiding something in his bedroom that could change the outcome of the entire election. While Americans innocently plan to go to sleep Tuesday night with the election results counted and a winner announced, Cartman has secretly wrestled control of the presidential election from the voters.

PR pics
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 am Offline
Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:47 pm10
No Christmas episode? Lame
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 05, 2012 12:41 am Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Lyon82 wrote:
Quite frankly it would actually be nice to get a Kyle episode that isn't hijacked by Cartman just because he pretty much hasn't had much to do in episodes other than set up the Cartman plot. Jewpacabra, Cartman Finds Love, Raising the Bar and Insecurity all did this and were mostly Cartman focused. As much as I can appreciate a good rivalry (Cartman finds love was a nice twist on their rivalry this time), it would be nice to see him have a plot on his own or with any other set of characters.

THANK YOU.

Kyle has faded well, well past his prime these days, serving as little more than a voice of conscience without much else to do. Stan, Cartman, Butters and even Kenny have all taken new directions to keep their characters fresh, but Kyle's pretty much fallen back.

It's not that he isn't there - Kyle gets a ton of small parts all the time, but as you said, he's always there to drive another character - talk his conscience to Stan or play off Cartman in some way.

Kyle needs a game change of some sort to make him "interesting" again - not to viewers so much as to the show's actual creators.

EDIT:

And there we go, a preview clip! ...and Kyle's playing off Cartman. Well, this can potentially be good, I think.

So... Cartman stole ballots or something?
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am37
Preview images!

Will already posted the first one. Here's the second:

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/ ... n-eats.jpg
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
I am thinking Butters is with Cartman eating lobster & he has had a allergic reaction.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1614: Obama Wins!* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Aww, just what I didn't want, an election episode. It seemed like such an obvious thing I almost thought M&T wouldn't do it. But, since it will be another 4 years until they can do such a thing, guess they had to. :roll: But I'm not excited. I honestly know nothing about politics, won't be voting, am sick of hearing about all these props.... I just want it to be over! I know it sounds bad but I guess politics isn't something that has captured my adult interest like most 23/24 year olds.

Cartman showing Kyle his secret. Cartman eating lobster. Butters suffering from something just because, who else is it going to be? Yawning already.

Where's the full info for the episode though? I got 2 Marsh eps this half season, guess I'll be happy with that and wait until March of next year.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 2 of 5 65 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next