Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 4 54 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 11, 2012 12:49 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
francisjairam121 wrote:
I mean Cartman stole the ballets just because he wants to be Darth Vader?

No, just because he wants to be Luke's son, Cartman Skywalker. The final three episodes in the Star Wars saga is to take place in Luke's future.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 11, 2012 10:32 pm Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am37
You know what would have been a great ending? If the police took the ballots and turned them in anyway, Duck President was elected instead of Obama, and Cartman got his role in the Disney/Star Wars movies, which consist of nothing but a bunch of talking s**t, all while Landslide plays in the background. I'm sure everyone would take that well. :lol:
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 12, 2012 3:45 am Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
That was the best I've seen from South Park in a long time, though I have admittedly missed several episodes from the second half of the season. As far as I know this was the highlight of the second half though. Morgan Freeman and Mickey Mouse delivered the first genuine laughs I've had from this show in months. Not soft chuckles which I strained to get out, I mean I was really laughing for once.

The plot was interesting all the way through and even the lame running jokes became funny after their first delivery when they were pointed out for being lame and repetitive. I'll also admit I'm a Cartman fan and most of my favorite episodes center around him in some way, but I've been really disappointed in his episodes this season. This was the turning point where I was actually rooting for him again.

This episode easily gets a 9/10 from me, and would have been perfect with a slightly stronger ending, but hey, I did laugh at Obama's stupid self-satisfied face at the end.

Edit: It should be noted that for once I find myself in total agreement with many of the posts in the thread. I think that points to a solid episode we can all sort of agree on.
Last edited by South Park Jesus on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 12, 2012 3:51 am Offline
Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 am39
Niels0827 wrote:
I'll admit I laughed a few times. Freckles and Mickey Mouse laughs are apparently funnier than most other jokes.

They must be, they were the first jokes that really got me in so long...
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5689The Mormon Homeland
Toward the end, I had it in my head that they would count up the stolen ballots and it would turn out that Obama still won the election, thus making all of the episode's events unnecessary. And then everyone would be all pissed about having done all that crazy stuff for nothing. I saw Obama and Fatass and General Tsao and Mickey Mouse and Duck Romney in a room all angrily yelling at each other, maybe even brawling. Then we'd get some "I learned something" moment about the lengths people will go to in order to win.

But we got what we got. And in the end I think the guys are more concerned about the fate of the Star Wars franchise then they are about the fate of the country post-2012. Like they weren't concerned that either Obama or Romney were going to totally wreck the country, unlike most of the political rhetoric would have you believe. But they seriously are worried that Disney will totally wreck the legacy of Star Wars.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 12, 2012 9:49 pm Offline
Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:51 am7Thailand
:? I'm wondering about Butters that he knows about Cartman is stealing the election ballots or not?
Or Cartman has told him and keep the secret before Kyle asking.

I agree with anybody that Butters couldn't die.
If SP let Butters die, it will be disappointed in many people.

I hope Butters will fine too.
I'm Thai and love to watch South Park (Specificly love Stan Marsh)
I always do apologize if I used wrong or mistake grammars.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 12, 2012 9:54 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Sanitphanburi wrote:
:? I'm wondering about Butters that he knows about Cartman is stealing the election ballots or not?

Butters knew. Whe Kyle didn't want to be any part of Cartman's plan, Cartman got Butters to be part of it and had him swear to secrecy.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 09, 2012 3:34 pm Offline
Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:05 am1
this is a good episode but why isnt it up already?because it pasted 12-07-12 but it still not up, is the date wrong? will it not be up, also off-topic why isnt the two other still not up? the one where cartman finds out who is dad is ? it been for ever since it came out on tv.
Re: *1614 Obama Wins!* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 30, 2012 3:23 pm Offline
Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:50 am1
I thought that this episode was amazing. The Writers truely have the ability to make elaborate plans, and this episode depicts that. It was the wonderful apearance of Duck President, which I thought was hilarious and smart (Romney=Big Bird), and all in all, I really enjoyed this episode.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 4 54 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4