Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 6 84 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 9:34 pm Offline
Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:51 pm19
I normally to busy with school and homework to wright on forums. I absolutely hated this episode it was so bad it made me cringe! why? You might ask? Well honestly i dont know it just left me with a bad feeling :? i could try to explain why but im probably going to contradict my self and sound like a huge idiot but i just want to let off some steam and vent.. I generally try to look for the moral in south park episodes and see good in all the charters. I just lost almost all of the small amount of sympathy and respect i had for cartman. I myself is a butters version of carman i dont have a dad , im heavy set and i liked/ may still to play with stuffed animals and dolls and would talk to them alot when i was his age.

well lets compare this episode to cartmans silly hate crime. In cartmans silly hate crime cartman knocks out token with a rock. Did he do it because he was black? No he did it because he thought token called him fat. But people took it way out of porpotion making token seem like a angel who needs to be protected here its the opposite and it makes no sense. In cartmans silly hate crime the kids are depicted as they are from mat and tray boys being boys innocent children. I know cartman has done awful horrendous things but i really feel bad for him. He is severely psychologically disturbed and my favorite episodes is the ones that portray him as blissfully stupid, trying to do something that is right, learning his lesson/trying to redeem himself and when hangs out with butters or is just a part of his group of kids in his school and isnt always portray as a evil bastred if thats even possible and again im venting and this is wishful thinking. Thats why even though i love episodes like Bass to Mouth Ginger Kids and other episodes where cartman knows very well what hes doing i will always like cartman joins nambla, woodland critter Christmas, and fatbeard better. It just seemed like this went too far even for south park. Is there anyone out there like me?
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 9:36 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
That was quite the absurd episode. :D
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 9:39 pm Offline
Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 am11
kfgg wrote:
There was some laughs here, but it seemed rushed. Major lack of focus. Jamming too much into a short period of time.

My thoughts exactly. So many unnecessary scenes, especially within the last 5 minutes, really killed the episode for me. :(

Never saw World War Z either, not like the running joke with the families mattered.

5.8/10
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 9:39 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Grievous George wrote:
...wanted nothing more than for Token to straighten out Cartman.

Tell me about it. I'm starting to get a bit PO'ed that no one ever puts Cartman in his place. Or at least goes apeshit and beats the crap out of him for pulling the sh*t he does.
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 9:43 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Radio Geek Mode On:
Not a fan of episodes that center on one character entirely and for the most part outside of South Park. 106.7 FM, I don't think KROQ would be playing Michael Bublé. Since the show is produced in Los Angeles, the local 106.7 would be KROQ.

Last time they showed a radio frequency was 98.7, for Stan's song. KYSR Los Angeles would have been the station they were thinking of, (although "KXUV" was a joke on the former 1510 KCUV Littleton, CO)

KYSR (98.7) is now KROQ's arch rival. You'd never hear "It's A Beautiful Day" by Michael freakin Bublé on either of these stations. Maybe KOST (103.5) or KBIG (104.3) but not KROQ. If you wanted to take the 106.7 frequency to Colorado, you'd come across a hard rock station, KBPI Denver, again no Michael Bublé. That's KOSI 101.1 (er KOZI 102.1..see the Korn ep in Season 2) music.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 9:47 pm Offline
Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:43 pm5
blah... Too many subplots, no direction. Show was a mess. 4/10 is about right.
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 9:59 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
I agree with the "crammed" consensus. However, I'll admit I laughed when they cut to the second plane crashing...
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 10:13 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
It was a roller coaster, I tell you what.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
It seems that M&T love to fool us into thinking a major character dies.

Irregardless, this episode wasn't good. It seems like a lazy plagiarism of World War Z with the Zimmerman trial shoved in there.

3/10.

Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 10:42 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm99Antelope California
I caught it at the second airing, a family member had a cross country track meet I went to. I liked it but it did get kind of boring seeing Cartman scared of black people. I wish Zimmerman had been portrayed worse because he doesn’t have any kids and I think he is living poorer than they showed. It was a very looking out for black people episode. The plane crashes got old for me at the second one but the movie goes that way. I did think that there would be riots and problems over the Trayvon Martin verdict and so I liked that part. I think all that happened in CA was there was a little riot and a police car was damaged. I would have liked to of seen Cartman kill George with the rifle. The dream Cartman had with him having two daughters and a wife was hilarious. I felt worried too of black people the day the verdict was read and it stayed with me for about a week. I even got into a car accident that week because a black women was staring at me and a Indian guy didn’t look and threw his car into reverse and hit me. I didn’t like the part where Zimmerman was being treated like a war hero for shooting a black person and then when he shot Cartman, he got the death penalty. That isn’t really how it works and I think the system is working better than that. Does Trey and Matt think Zimmerman should of done time? I think so.
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 10:49 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Not the best episode too much of Cartman running around shouting with a gun in his hand. I have not seen world war Z so might have found the episode better if I had. Glad Token is not dead would have been good for me if Token had taken that chair at the end and smashed it over Cartmans head with his one good arm then gave Mackey a one finger salute. Boo Boo Cartman you don't go around shooting black people Boo.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 11:19 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
The first two acts were a little funny, many insane moments you expect to see in SP. But it just went downhill and there were many over-the-top things that were just not funny. Kids being shot is not funny. It wasn't back in season 8 when Stan was, it won't ever be funny. The initial idea of everyone panicking the world is ending was humorous, the guy opening the latch of the plane as it was in flight. But multiple plane crashes were Cartman and the woman survive was overkill. Seeing him with a real gun, not cool. I don't get why he was dressed as Brad Pitt.
I admit to not following the Zimmerman trial at all so did not find the end funny, esp. when he was electrocute multiple times.
Funny bits- Mackey expressing the boys write a poem. And the fist bump thing.
I give this a 6/10. The jokes went too far and were pretty cruel. Not like that's news but everyone has a limit.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 09, 2013 11:52 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
nwt000 wrote:
6.4/10
Kind of a dud episode, just glad no one who mattered died, although they pulled that trick where they tried to convince us a recurring character had died for the second week in a row.

Even Let Go, Let Gov was a tad better than this week's junk.

And yet you're kind enough to give it a 6.4 out of 10? How bad must an episode be for you to give it anything less than a 4?

Fuck, I mean everyone else hated it; I feel like I'm not even supposed to say anything. Everyone else has done it for me.

Trey, you are a talented fuck and I respect you, but let Matt and Eric do some writing, or hire some writers already. Your brain's fried from the sleepless nights resulting from your highly-flawed method of developing an idea into an episode in six days. The greatest works of art and entertainment were not made on a whim. Come on, dude. Get your shit together. You can't do this every week the last god damn minute.
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 10, 2013 12:12 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Niels0827 wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
6.4/10
Kind of a dud episode, just glad no one who mattered died, although they pulled that trick where they tried to convince us a recurring character had died for the second week in a row.

Even Let Go, Let Gov was a tad better than this week's junk.

And yet you're kind enough to give it a 6.4 out of 10? How bad must an episode be for you to give it anything less than a 4?

Fuck, I mean everyone else hated it; I feel like I'm not even supposed to say anything. Everyone else has done it for me.

Trey, you are a talented fuck and I respect you, but let Matt and Eric do some writing, or hire some writers already. Your brain's fried from the sleepless nights resulting from your highly-flawed method of developing an idea into an episode in six days. The greatest works of art and entertainment were not made on a whim. Come on, dude. Get your shit together. You can't do this every week the last god damn minute.

It honestly has to be as bad as A Million Little Fibers, Eat Pray Queef, Pinewood Derby, or City Sushi, and this one was still a tad better than those total train wrecks. Meanwhile, all of the so-called critics are praising the fuck out of this episode, they seriously must have been as high as a kite when they though this episode was actually good.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1703: World War Zimmerman* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 10, 2013 12:21 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I'm pretty damn sure more people hated Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina more than all the aforementioned episodes combined. And rightfully so.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 6 84 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next