Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 6 81 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
*1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:00 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Now airing on Comedy Central.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:01 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Well, that opening was tits.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:02 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Wow right off the bat; a different version of the opening theme just for this episode. Going to need another viewing or two to catch all those lyrics! :lol:
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:03 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
triplemultiplex wrote:
Wow right off the bat; a different version of the opening theme just for this episode. Going to need another viewing or two to catch all those lyrics! :lol:

Worry not, it'll be up as a clip tonight, complete with closed captioning :D
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:16 pm Offline
I suspect our four main characters will remain in the background this week after seeing act 1.

We got ourselves a good ol' fashioned South Park conspiracy. Lots of build up so far with limited comedy. Plenty of call backs to the Goths' previous appearances though. We'll see if they deliver.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:24 pm Offline
Edgar Allen Poe is making me chuckle with every line of dialogue.

It does strike me as odd that there are a LOT of Vampire kids in South Park given that it's supposed to be podunk little shit town. I saw more kids in that one scene dressed as vampires than I have in any playground scene at the school.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:31 pm Offline
Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:04 am3
I swear to god while watching the beginning I was thinking their names were probably going to be revealed and thought Michael fitted him. I gasped.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:36 pm Offline
Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:07 am48
I feel this is going to make people wonder? To me comparing Goth to Emo is like comparing classic Universal/Hammer horror films to Tim Burton's "dark" movies like "Beetlejuice" and "Nightmare Before Christmas" or it could be compared to say something like metalheads vs punks.
Reminds me of how on "The Young Ones" (an awesome British show from the 80's, if you haven't seen it already you should watch it), you had Vyvyan, the token "punk" wearing Saxon, Rush, and Kiss shirts and had "Very Metal" scrolled on the back of his jacket.
It's those subcultures that so similar to each other, but teeniest tiniest differences cause a rift.

There I go rambling off-topic like always!
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:39 pm Offline
Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:27 pm21
This episode was much better than the last one 2 weeks ago. I must say they are really stepping up. We got a chance to see a Goth Kids episode with Emos trying to take over the world but in end it was all just a prank. I laughed many times when they were insulting like crazy. This a great episode. 8.9/10
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:42 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
7.7/10
Pretty decent episode, it's about time the rest of the Goth Kids finally got names. Edgar Allen Poe and that one random black guy were pretty funny, the twist ending also had me howling with laughter. Looks like Trey and Matt really want to focus on different characters this season based on the preview with Ike at the end of the episode. It also sounds like Trey is voicing Ike, although that could just be a placeholder for an unnamed child actor or something. At this rate, we could get an episode about folks like Craig's gang and the girls of the 4th grade. I hope we get different intros when other groups get to be the stars of future episodes. One last thing, did Bill Hader come up with the Kindergoth's real name, Furkel? I remember he brought up something called Furkels (short for Fat Urkels) during a Stefon Zolesky segment during an edition of Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Last edited by nwt000 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:43 pm Offline
Wow, so it was all a big setup for giant "fuck you"? That was funny, but it's never going to be that funny again. This will go down as the M. Night Shamal-whatever of South Park episodes.

I really do appreciate the misdirection; along the lines of Stanley's Cup and Not Without My Anus. Seems like the ultimate burn against the goths, etc to be the subject of some lame-ass reality show. But it will never be as good to see it again.

They took a risk making an episode without any of the principal cast. They seem to do that every few years and the fans never seem to embrace those episodes. It should be an amusing couple of days around here after this one. Especially since it missed it's original air date.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:43 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm94
I liked it and I was right, there was cutting. I like the Invasion of the body snatchers scenes and I wish it had ended where they did kill the plants but the ending was cool. The Goth intro was good and I can’t wait to catch all of what they were saying. I think they could do more episodes with the Goth kids as the main characters in the future.
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:51 pm Offline
The preview for next week instantly makes me think of that testosterone shit they advertise to middle aged dudes with all the warnings not to let children and pregnant women touch the stuff. Literally touch it.

Back to this week, emo plants are something I would place in the South Park lexicon right next to crab people. Or is my doing that a metaphor for lumping these goth, vamp and emo clicks together like in this episode? ;)
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 7:57 pm Offline
Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 pm11
I was already excited for a goth kids episode, but then that opening. I was grinning like a freak! Definitely can't wait to check it out again. And loved the goths finally getting named. As someone who went through the goth thing only to stop when so many other people started dressing that way (and then I learned the word emo), I totally related to the goth kids. I agreed with them on almost everything, so when the end came with the ScareTactics-esque reveal and they said they were the same thing, I cracked up. Gotta admit, I hope to see more of our boys this season, but I loved this goth kids episode. (No mention of Bradley. Think their memories got wiped?)

Oh, and that preview for next week... Ike?! What happened? Was Kyle giving him the puberty talk?
Re: *1704: Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Oct 23, 2013 8:13 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Solid episode. Wasn't a huge fan of using the potted plants, that was kind of stupid, but otherwise the rest of it was great, glad to see the Goth Kids went back to their roots and we finally have names: Michael, Pete, Henrietta and Virgil. Seeing the Vampire Kids back was kind of cool, even if only Mike Makowski actually did much. Edgar Alan Poe was funny but kind of pointless plot-wise.

Misc. notes:
- Everyone's pissy about Poe's nickname but in "Raisins", Stan takes on a Goth name and in "The Ungroundable" all the Vamp kids take on Vampire names.
- Even in the final episode, there's no sign of Bradley Biggle at Henrietta's residence, even in the many family photographs.
- Red Goth is at least the third Pete we've met, after Pete Thelman and Pete Melman.
- Michael's Mom is already pretty controversial with the outer fanbase; some people think his father has remarried, and some people think he's half-Asian.
- Pete must be a poor kid like the McCormicks and Warners, as he lives in a trailer park.
- CPS is back, but there's no sign of Mr. Adams or any of his headshots.

Quote:
They took a risk making an episode without any of the principal cast. They seem to do that every few years and the fans never seem to embrace those episodes. It should be an amusing couple of days around here after this one. Especially since it missed it's original air date.

You never know. "City Sushi" pissed a lot of people off at first for not involving the boys besides Butters, but IIRC it came in second in the recent race for the Top Season 15 episode. I think the fans of today are much better at handling non-boys episodes as the fans of yesterday.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o

Sort by  
Page 1 of 6 81 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next