Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 4 57 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 10:26 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
The Intellilink system reminds me of the automated answering systems everyone has been using for years now, combined with the troubled Web site for the ACA.

Foofa pulling a Miley, lol.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Oh I also liked Hearing “All Night Long" & "The Heat Is On" being blasted over the school’s PA :D
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:17 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Umm, well, it was what I felt it would be. Always sweet to see the relationship between Kyle and Ike since it is such a contrast to that of Stan and Shelley. The confusion of the interlinks or whatever it was was pretty funny. Gotta love when something is more complicated than needs be. Other than that, didn't really laugh.

Canadian episodes are pretty weak. And I hate fart/queef/poop jokes so all those scenes were just gross. I hate when they have the kids smoke, it is such a filthy thing to see ANYONE do. I'm so against smoking or tobacco so seeing Ike with chewing tobacco was not funny. I didn't care about the Canadian health adviser's story. The whole Mylie Cyrus thing was to be expected which is unfortunate. I hate when they make a story of obvious events and things the fans expect them to do.

Plus side- no Randy, and very little Cartman/Butters. 6/10- I have yet to laugh a lot this season. Maybe next week will be a hilarious Stan eppy. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 30, 2013 11:44 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
I mostly had laughing matters out of feeling awkward for foofa BUT i was laughing at the end too 8.5 out of 10. The canada people, as always are hilarious.

finger in splint--> bad typing
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 4:13 am Offline
Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:41 pm4
> I hate when they have the kids smoke, it is such a filthy thing to see ANYONE do. I'm so against smoking or tobacco so seeing Ike with chewing tobacco was not funny.
lol'd
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 6:21 am Offline
Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:15 am1
*DID YOU KNOW* foofa/fufa means uncle in hindi, which is an indian dialect.

in the promo commercial it was almost insinuated, I believe, that ike was a 'fufa f*cker'

either that or im losing my mind.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 6:36 am Offline
Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:13 am7
Man, this episode was all over the place and didn't even bother to be subtle about it. Still, it had really good laughing moments (which so far has been lacking this season).

Ike and Kyle easily made this episode great. Ike's reactions were funny, and Kyle was adorable. The Canadian and his wife plot was a good addition, filler that it was. Makcey's plot became stale pretty quickly though. And I'd add that the Fufa= Miley Cyrus jokes should have ended with the entertainment news broadcast. It felt forced after that.

I just wish this episode would have had more focus instead of trying to relate so many stuff at once. But nevertheless, it was a pretty good episode.

BTW, is it just me or does Garrison behave like a normal teacher? Oh, the humanity!
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 6:45 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Something seems odd when South Park has to age a character to regain the comedy of swearing kids. I like that he's still a baby, it's like ponfar so the Star Trek reference was a good callback to the old style as are Mackie and Garison having roles again. As was the odd references to vagina and penis. All the canadian episodes were referenced in this too.

It seems a bit late in the day for school computer systems to be the target of jokes but they were spot on. It feels kinda like M and T are finally having trouble with over-reliance on IT

IKE HAD ARMS. A SOUTH PARK CHARACTER WILL FULL ARMS. WHAT THE f*ck.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 9:02 am Offline
Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:02 pm34
Oh my gosh! No way no way no way! "Come on let´s dance" hit that I told before! No way, no way! LOL

If we could watch the episode without the previews videos, we realize that the impact of the surprise would be stronger and funniest.

Very smooth episode with good gags. Not the WOWWWW top 10 episode that we still expect, but nice!

The health sex expert who realize that is an amateur is very funny, I don't know, thinking that it can be replicated everywhere, many schools, every families, in all countries LOL That's unique, special joke, a wonderful gift to us from South Park! Could be explored deeply, but is ok. Nice finger in the wound!

This episode need to be watched many times to see the entirely job done.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 11:36 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
LOL Fufa=Miley Cyrus, very well-played. That whole progression plus Mackey's rant in front of the entire school staff (and hiring/firing someone just to have a scapegoat) are the best parts of this episode.

No wonder Ike was acting like such a dickhead. Going through puberty while constantly constipated? hehe

Loved the return of Kyle's thoughtful, caring side as well. He's such a great character when he isn't reduced to reacting to whatever crap the Fatass pulls.

The Kyle/Ike and Mackey/Intellilink plots were both great, but M&T just had to squeeze in the Canadian Health Minister C-plot and suck away for additional jokes for the other two plots. Such a shame that they had to slip back into old bad habits during such a potentially-great episode.

7.2/10

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 11:53 am Offline
Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:20 pm1
thought this episode was hilarious. loved mr. mackey's struggle with the intellilink. feel like i can relate.....something you're so gung hoe about not working as expected, eventually making you lose your sh*t. good stuff
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 11:55 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
congressman_juarez wrote:
*DID YOU KNOW* foofa/fufa means uncle in hindi, which is an indian dialect.

in the promo commercial it was almost insinuated, I believe, that ike was a 'fufa f*cker'

either that or im losing my mind.

Only the folks at Nick Jr. would know for sure.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 12:09 pm Offline
Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:44 pm1
I laughed every time Ike spoke especially when he wanted to Tame some Straaange.

I thought Fufa was done well because I did not see it coming, adding Sinead O'Connor made me laugh never thought she would be in a South Park episode - more hilarious than those ridiculous open letters.

Ike was her manager so fast because he tamed her straaange

I wasn't so bothered about the Obamacare/Intellilink story - there were some funny moments, I get how it all connected but I think they should have gave more to the Ike/Fufa subplot.

Best episode for a while one of the few recent episodes I can rewatch.

I'm hoping for a better Cartman or great Randy episode.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 12:20 pm Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
I thought it was a great episode. Some parts did run on abit, but not too much. I'm glad Matt & Trey have gotten away from the standard worn out cycle of a Cartman show, a Stan/Randy/Marsh Family show, a boys being boys show, rinse/repeat. I really like having shows focus on other people in South Park. I really think this is happening because Matt & Trey had to create so much for the game, (charactor backgrounds, locations, etc.), we're seeing some of that extra work show up in the show itself.
Re: *1705: Taming Strange* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 31, 2013 2:25 pm Offline
Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:47 pm1
Howdy! I'm new to this website in general. The older I and more informed I get the more I really appreciate each and every new SP episode. For instance how they were able to incorporate, ACA, website designers, it's relation to it's beginnings in Canada, miley and sinead o'connor, and how we're developing younger generations into puberty through our steroids anabolic enhancers in our food. I googled who Pat Connors was, but then found out that it was representing Kathleen Sebelius and how maybe the current administration would use her as a scapegoat to the ACA website glitches and dismiss her then get the public to upgrade. LOL the possibilities are endless. Well I'm glad I found this gem of a website! I get weird looks by people when I tell them that my favorite show on TV is South Park and how brilliant and intelligent it's made. I've managed to get older judgmental people to give it a chance and they love it. Even the younger generation and explain to them what certain things may have meant and they love it as well.

See ya fellers,

Sort by  
Page 2 of 4 57 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next