Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 2 22 posts 1, 2  Next
*1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 3:40 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am560
Press release:

"BLACK FRIDAY IS COMING
ON AN ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK"
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, November 11, 2013 – Anticipation for the biggest shopping day of the year is building in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled "Black Friday," premiering Wednesday, November 13 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central. The dark days of winter are coming and that can only mean one thing: the fight to be the first in the mall on Black Friday has begun. The boys prepare to battle the crowds the day after Thanksgiving to get the best deal on the new gaming systems.

Meanwhile Randy gets a job working as a mall security guard to help control the insane number of people lining up to take advantage of the official first day of holiday shopping."

The preview clip.

Same stuff close-up with a wide angle lens (thanks, Buggey Man).
Last edited by VACOOLA on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Looks like its going to be good. Reminds me of the Two Towers ep the way they are dressed or Stick of truth.

Press Image 1

http://www.comedycentral.com/press/imag ... curity.jpg

Press Image 2

http://www.comedycentral.com/press/imag ... _group.jpg
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 10:30 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I'd say that this is either content cut from The Stick of Truth or a tie-in that would have aired prior to the game's previous release date. Either way, I think this one could be the truly awesome episode I've been waiting for since last month and I can't wait to see how the boys take on the notorious crowds and chaos of Black Friday.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 10:33 am Offline
Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:37 pm29Brooklyn, NY
James--76 wrote:
Looks like its going to be good. Reminds me of the Two Towers ep the way they are dressed or Stick of truth.

Press Image 1

http://www.comedycentral.com/press/imag ... curity.jpg

Press Image 2

http://www.comedycentral.com/press/imag ... _group.jpg

You know, I swear I was thinking the exact same thing when I watched the preview. But it looks like a good episode!

Concerning Press Image #2: I wonder if that's Kenny unhooded on the far left? :unhoodedkenny:
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 11:38 am Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm94
I’ve never done any Black Friday shopping. I like how Randy will be mall security. I wonder if the boys will somehow get to be of the first 20 shoppers. Maybe they will do some sort of distractionary tactic to get people to leave the line. 60% off sounds pretty good, I’m guessing they want to buy a Playstation 4. Will there be anyone like Richard Shoop, the guy who killed himself in a mall last week, in the episode? When I saw that I was thinking it would make for a good South Park. The boys are all dressed up like they are in the video game The Stick of Truth. I guess that is to tell us to buy the game when it comes out. I like the mall security guard with the scar over his eye, I think he will be the head mall security guard or maybe he is the veteran of mall security and has seen a many a Black Friday and lived to tell about it. I bet he ends up dead.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 1:33 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am254
Extremely happy to see the Two Towers gear back!!!
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 1:52 pm Offline
Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:11 pm78
Looks quite promising! Should be an excellent episode, with the boys getting at least equal time as Randy Marsh. Black Friday is a great idea for Trey and Matt to build a story around.

Just watch any of those "door buster" videos of CRAZED and OUT OF CONTROL shoppers on YouTube. People stampeding, trampling over each other, elbows flying, and kids crying. I saw one where a big woman shoved a tiny little boy out of the way just to get a crock pot!!

After a rocky start, I am liking Season 17 much more than last season! Keep us laughing Trey and Matt! :lol: And let's get that video game released.......eventually. :wink:
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 3:59 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
AlexTri89 wrote:
Concerning Press Image #2: I wonder if that's Kenny unhooded on the far left? :unhoodedkenny:

It is not. See:
He and Kenny are both in this screenshot of The Stick of Truth. Kenny is the Princess at far right. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 5:21 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
Hope the Randy subplot is as good as the last Randy episode (or almost) and that it doesn't follow the "stupid" (imo) path that many Randy plots have fallen into in the past. I really was thinking "Stick of Truth" when I saw Cartman the Wizard in the preview clip. I'm curious as to what the costumes have to do with Black Friday. Just a theory, but maybe the kids are buying The Stick of Truth? (or with the name changed like they've done with many things in past seasons).
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 5:28 pm Offline
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm155
This one looks pretty promising. Hope Randy is kept to only a subplot. I don't need any "Look at me, I'm an idiot" jokes.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 6:20 pm Offline
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am25
this one's gonna be amazing

reminds me of fellowship of the ring to the two towers, combined with the FaceTime episode

this will be the pinnacle of season 17
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 7:13 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
Randy and the LOTR/Stick of Truth gear back? Aw yes.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 8:16 pm Offline
Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:37 pm29Brooklyn, NY
Big-Will wrote:
AlexTri89 wrote:

It is not. See:
He and Kenny are both in this screenshot of The Stick of Truth. Kenny is the Princess at far right. :)

Ahhhh, ok. I wasn't too sure because I didn't see Kenny in the 2nd press image. I thought it was a case where, like Kyle, he wasn't in his Stick of Truth costume either. Thanks for clearing that up, Big-Will :)
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 11, 2013 11:40 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Drove back from the Hill Country today. Caught one of the videos on twitter when I stopped for food. I loled. And I had giggle fits for a good 10 minutes to follow. Am very psyched for this one. Partially because I'm coming up on my third big, long Black Friday working retail, mostly because of my reaction to the preview alone.

Re-God-Damned-diculously tired from the trip. Will think (and read) more words tomorrow.

Screw you guys, Bed.
Re: *1707: Black Friday* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 12, 2013 12:38 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Overall plot sounds fun and should be cute to see the boys trying to stop the madness of Black Friday. Sooo hope the Randy bits are minimal and aren't just him being an ass. It can be funny but it's very overused. It sounds like a stupid random idea- have Randy be a mall cop, hawhaw. Maybe Sharon is one of the ones who wants to crack out some BF deals. I hope there are some fun Marsh family interactions.
From the info looks like it could be a fun boys-being-boys episode with very little pop culture. Really hope that's the case.
All in all sounds promising, fingers crossed.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 2 22 posts 1, 2  Next