Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 6 78 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Dec 11, 2013 11:32 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
Aw, it was sad ending. Wendy gave in, but tbh sometimes kindness and loyalty triumphs honesty. Nice humor, plot, and I like the return of aquaman...err, Kanye.

9/10.

Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Dec 11, 2013 11:33 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
triplemultiplex wrote:
The next logical step might just be Wendy giving herself a digital makeover.

Man, that final scene...
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Dec 11, 2013 11:40 pm Offline
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am25
Poor old Wendy. Giving into peer pressure. Who woulda thought that Kanye would be the one to change her mind?

8.5/10 - A good way to end a very good season

Bring on Season 18!
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 12:10 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I don't know about you, but I'm kinda hoping Wendy gets to do something redeeming in the future that will make her a strong individual again. I really think Kyle and Token really need to have their own moments of redemption next season considering they've been torn down just as badly as Wendy has. Also, Cartman needs to get what's coming to him next season.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 12:17 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
So sad...Wendy lost...she lost... :(

Should have foreseen a Kanye sighting, and the constant denials that paid awesome homage to the Fishsticks episode. It started off as funny, yet finished off as surprisingly poignant. Very well done.

M&T are definitely on Wendy's side in this case. They hated the glorification of the sexualization of women just as much as feminists as seen on the Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset commentary. There's no happy vindication for Wendy this time though, which reflects the sad reality that this societal problem has only gotten worse over the years.

The ending, and the plot that led up to it, was really tragic, yet in a touching way. I hope it does not signify a curtain call for Wendy (and the social propriety she so valiantly stood for) in the SP world. But if it is, it's still a beautiful exit that M&T gave for a great-yet-underappreciated character like her.

A 9/10 for this one. Not the funniest or most-awesome episode of this season, but certainly the most moving...and the best... :cry:

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 12:21 am Offline
Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:34 pm5
I'm still confused. Aren't the Kardashians dead, killed by that guy that read Butter's novel, The Poop That Took A Pee?

Hopefully this episode was a cliff hanger, to be resolved next season to show The Hobbit impersonating the dead Kim to gain fame and fortune built upon lies.
The story, the message and the whole entire concept PostThu Dec 12, 2013 12:36 am Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
This episode was fantastic in every single way possible. Humour(Jokes) , superficially (Plot) and in regards to it's message(The prime reason i am replying). Usually i tend to sit back and let other people dig up the messages because usually i tend to not catch those messages that M and T are trying to throw at us or the audience.

The message discusses the sexualization of woman and the unfortunate portrayal of girls and women (and men if you want to get analytical about the media) but the MESSAGE is this.

The media is forcing down these ideas (Muscles, boobs, fit bodies, tan, good quality hair, no fat, no moles, no zits) how we're all subconsciously forced to abide by these idealogies (I cannot spell at this moment, i am on a roll here!) that we come to accept that the media is portraying how we SHOULD look.

Wendy is a fantastic example of someone trying to show that we shouldn't be listening to these posters, photos, movies and pictures of good looking (men and) women! we're worrying about all of our imperfections (we, collective term for all of us human beings) we're forgetting that the media is pretty much a fictitious land of photoshop and wishes.

It would've been a good idea tp focus on the male identity of this problem but since more women are suffering from this problem, maybe it's understandable.

The reason i've taken this episode to heart out of so many other episodes is because I understand from nearly everybody's perspectives and i've been in Wendy's shoes like presumably countless others. We know the media is a lie, yet we want to believe it's true.

Well, it's sad to see this season come to a close. hopefully it won't be the last.

EDIT:
....and the ending proves that eventually we succumb to these things such as photoshop.

and i'm surprised Kenny didn't have a line

and the unrealistic portrayal of how we should look is a very valid issue that today's society of young people suffer from. Sure, people were insecure about themselves in the dark ages. But there wasn't any media then. Everyone knew to take a liking for who they were. (was anorexia and other eating problems around in the dark ages?) anyway, TODAY, we're--

Who in their right mind cuts themselves off when in the middle of a solid point? me.

Why are we falling for the idea of these fake ideas of how we're portrayed when we KNOW full well that we're not supposed to look like how the media says we should look.

Yes, i'm sure that people want the media to portray a perfect world where we're all perfect and have no flaws. (basically a Mary Sue. Last time i checked, everyone hates mary sues!) so why are we doing this to ourselves? isn't flaws what makes us perfect? ...sorta?

Npw, back to my own point a few passages up

--TODAY we're being bombarded with all of these fake ideologies when we know full well we're just not perfect and never will be. Because perfection is a flaw.

(ugly)Bob Out.

Edit 2:

and no. i am not jelly. I'm just feeling like Wendy (before the ending)
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Last edited by (ugly)Bob on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 12:36 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
SnufStyle420 wrote:
I'm still confused. Aren't the Kardashians dead, killed by that guy that read Butter's novel, The Poop That Took A Pee?

Unfortunately, their real-life counterparts still live and occasionally do things that require SP to retcon their story arcs on the show. See: Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden's various deaths before they died for real.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 1:00 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Good episode funny in places Mr. Mackey has had a huge role this season,but I also found that last scene sad.Wendy is the female “voice of reason” version of Kyle.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 1:18 am Offline
Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:22 pm13
Wendy is a feminist, she's fierce and in your face.
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 1:34 am Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Very sad ending, but it is necessary social commentary. Standards people put on others regarding their appearances is rediculous. Especially when it comes to how women are mostly only valued for their appearances.

There were a lot of truths in this episode. For one, when Lisa asked Butters out, and he pretty much called her fat to her face, that is how lots of overweight women are treated. Another truth is most people kind of know pictures of attractive people we see in the media are photoshopped, but lots of people buy into the bullsh*t idea that people should look like that. And, when someone tries to point out that the pictures are bullsh*t, and the people in them don't really look like that, or if someone says something against people who are hating on people who are overweight, they suddenly become the haters..Even if they say what they say out of concern about how the emphasis on appearance isn't good for anyone, they are the hater..They must only be saying what they say because they are jealous. The standards people place on others regarding appearance f*cking suck, and it seems like people have gotten even more shallow. And that is probably why this episode had the ending it did..No one changed for the better, and no one said "I learned something today", because in real life, no one has learned sh*t. Society keeps up the stupid standards and double standards, and now a days if a woman points that sh*t out, she is a hater. Which is why a lot of people who actually hate the double standards pretend to go along with them , like Wendy pretty much did at the end of this episode. It is hard dealing with that kind of stigma. Anyway, if the ending of this episode bums you out, well, good. I noticed a lot of you are guys, and maybe you need to know that lots of women and girls have been in situations where they felt like Wendy did.
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 1:37 am Offline
M00ndragon69 wrote:
Anyway, if the ending of this episode bums you out, well, good. I noticed a lot of you are guys, and maybe you need to know that lots of women and girls have been in situations where they felt like Wendy did.

I'm sure people of both genders are pretty bummed out! (equally bummed) or is it that the majority of this forum are dudes?? I dunno
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 1:49 am Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Of course I was bummed out by the ending..It was sad, because no one listened to Wendy, and made her out to be the bad guy, when originally she was only trying to help Lisa, and tell the truth about photoshopping, she was pressured to sell out her beliefs..And sexualize herself with photoshop..That sucks, but I said what I did, because based on what I see in society, women understand this issue a little better than men do. However, I am really glad people like Trey and Matt understand, and have the balls to call bullsh*t on this issue.
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 1:53 am Offline
M00ndragon69 wrote:
Of course I was bummed out by the ending..It was sad, because no one listened to Wendy, and made her out to be the bad guy, when originally she was only trying to help Lisa, and tell the truth about photoshopping, she was pressured to sell out her beliefs..And sexualize herself with photoshop..That sucks, but I said what I did, because based on what I see in society, women understand this issue a little better than men do. However, I am really glad people like Trey and Matt understand, and have the balls to call bullsh*t on this issue.

Too damn true. I wonder if they should've had them come to realise their own wrong doings...You do have a point: No one learnt anything because this issue IS rampant and no one's (or very few) people have come to the realisation of this issue discussed. And perhaps leaving Wendy to succumb to peer pressure as the end makes the message sink that much deeper
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 12, 2013 2:06 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Better than it sounded but left me unsatisfied. So uhh..Clyde is still with Lisa? And what the hell was with the ending? Felt like there was more to it, like it could be a two-parter. There were a few holes that needed to be filled.
The return of Kayne was surprisingly funny. Loved the kissing sounds and he was still in his gay fish outfit. But I know nothing about the Kardasians nor do I keep up with trash like that so didn't get the hobbit jokes and how they related to Kim. But they were still funny.
But sooo horrible to see the other girls following the latest horrible trend and the boys interested in only the fake 'pretty' ones. Even Stan thought Wendy needed to jump on board- these kids have no morals!
I give this... 7.5/10 I need to know the point of the ending since it really didn't make sense. We didn't actually see her click 'yes' to send, she could have clicked no. I hope it means a two-parter.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 6 78 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next