Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 6 of 6 78 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Jan 06, 2014 2:46 pm Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 am33
Brendle,

I'm not gonna quote tag stuff because I hate doing that, lol. I actually don't like arguing so it takes a lot to fire me up as I'm usually very much go with the flow and tend to just do whatever the more outgoing person wants to do.

It looks like we agree on a lot of points, so I'll just hit the stuff that there's a bit of disagreement on:

I don't see what any of this has to do with gay men; if a gay guy had unrealistic expectations for his partner to meet, I would say it's the guy's fault then, too. Not saying anyone is CHOOSING this, I'm sure it's embarrassing. But that people should be grounded in reality. Though, I will concede that society does contribute to this problem. However, I think it's unfair to fault the female for not looking like an airbrushed magazine picture. Arguably, another reason to have pictures labeled. Just to make it clear, nothing wrong with wanting to be a beautiful woman, it's just the beauty in the magazines is false.

If you want feminism to be eliminated completely then you do not fully understand it. And, yes, of course both sexes have problems, feminism doesn't state otherwise. That's all I will say on that subject.

Pussy, don't really care who says it or what South Park says about words, etc. Just in my experience people who resort to calling others pussy are usually not very bright and you seem like a bright person. Just my repeated personal experience with it (and I mean real life, not in the web). Also, glad you clarified that you meant confidence and charm (and, yes, unfortunately, you can "win" some girls with money but I think guys that do this usually aim waaay out of their league, then are heartbroken after she sucks him dry and moves on). Yes, I agree with confidence and charm, but I also agree a guy should back down once told no. I've had very terrible experiences with guys not backing down and it's very frustrating and aggravating.

And again, maybe I'm thinking differently than you about the
magazine pictures. I don't think skinny=hot or even that the magazine pictures are hot because they are skinny. Even a person who works out and has good looks to start are not going to look like a magazine picture. Working out isn't going to erase scars, flat moles, moles, freckles, it won't elongate legs if you have shorter legs, it won't make boobs bigger, it won't slim a person's neck and back the way the magazines do, and it won't dilate pupils nor will it make a very dark person lighter. And it won't tan a very pale person, etc. Of course, people should work out. No one is saying morbid obesity or obesity is attractive (I know I'm not attracted to obese people). But working out isn't gonna land people airbrushed magazine looks. I know a girl that works out at least two hours a day, she's the fittest person I know and it doesn't make her hot, it just makes her fit. But obviously she's more attractive than she'd be if she were fat and she is happier and healthier than when she was slightly overweight. But she still doesn't look anywhere near the level of an airbrushed magazine.

Even if the girls had worked out, no way would they have ever looked anything like the pictures they created of themselves.

Also, on a note, I have met several women that were bigger and attracted to obese men, I have not seen this with men, but I'm sure this is more of man vs woman thing.

I think that's it. :mrgreen:
Always think of the consequence of your behavior before acting out what you are thinking.
Re: The story, the message and the whole entire concept PostWed Feb 19, 2014 6:14 pm Offline
Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:57 pm91
(ugly)Bob wrote:

Sure, people were insecure about themselves in the dark ages. But there wasn't any media then. Everyone knew to take a liking for who they were. (was anorexia and other eating problems around in the dark ages?)

It wasn't the Dark Ages, but Empress Sissi von Osterreich (1837-1898) was both anorexic and bulimic. She had a 19-inch waist at age 50 after bearing 4 kids.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mKkK0sZBkYo/T ... ustria.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_El ... of_Austria

Plus paintings were the original photoshop.
._____.
|_____|
() o_o ()
...|__|----> this is Kyle

98% of teens have one of these 98% statistics in their signatures, copy and paste if you're in the 2% that doesn't...hey, wait a minute...
Re: *1710: The Hobbit* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 12, 2014 3:34 am Offline
Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:37 pm6
I finally got to watch this after beating Stick Of Truth.

... wow I wasn't ready for that ending.

Sort by  
Page 6 of 6 78 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6