Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 2 posts
My Future Self 'n' Me PostMon May 02, 2011 8:43 pm Offline
Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:52 pm24
Kevin Stoley, according to Season 2 in the episode Conjoined Fetus Lady, is Chinese-American. (Kevin: No, I'm from America--my parents are Chinese.)

Stoley isn't really a Chinese surname, so one would assume his mother's Chinese while his father is probably white. (Even though Kevin said in Conjoined Fetus Lady that his parents are Chinese, indicating that they are actually both Chinese, but nonetheless.)

Now, in My Future Self 'n' Me, there is a couple looking for a "future" version of their child. The one they recieve looks like an older Kevin and even wears a shirt similar to his normal garb. The parents even refer to their child as Kevin. (Mother: My, goodness, he does look a little like Kevin.) Therefore, it is safe to say these are indeed supposed to be Kevin's parents. With that in mind, why is it that neither of these parents support Chinese stereotypes? It seems like they are supposed to seem like a white couple. (They are both even brunette--not even black-haired like typical Asians.)

I know I pay waaaaay too much attention to Kevin Stoley's heritage (he isn't even really a main character), but he is one of my absolute favorites for some reason. I DEMAND to know the truth about Kevin Stoley! With these discrepancies, I believe that Matt and Trey are trying to keep a dark secret hidden that requires them keep changing their stories. I DEMAND ANSWERS, GODDAMMIT! *pounds desk in rage*

Either that or Matt and Trey really don't care to keep Kevin's heritage straight, considering it doesn't really matter. Yeah. That's probably it. xD
Re: My Future Self 'n' Me PostMon May 02, 2011 10:13 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
RabuPep wrote:
Either that or Matt and Trey really don't care to keep Kevin's heritage straight, considering it doesn't really matter. Yeah. That's probably it. xD

They really don't care to keep anybody's story straight. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 2 posts