Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 2 of 4 54 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostFri Apr 01, 2005 7:42 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:59 pm5587NJ (South)
The second time he reads it, he uses a different page. So it's 2 different pages, not the same one.
different ladies PostFri Apr 01, 2005 8:13 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:28 pm3
on the season 3 commentary matt and trey said that the woman who voiced every female died, and that they had to get numerous new ladies to cover all of the different voices. i would assume this is still the case
PostFri Apr 01, 2005 8:45 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:56 am1088
The woman who used to do all the female voices was Mary Kay Bergman, and she was very talented. She commited suicide in 1999.
derp.

[please excuse my username, i was a lame 13-year-old.]
PostSun Apr 03, 2005 1:25 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:54 pm89Your mom's ass
Cerisa_Roz wrote:
I'm guessing due to the fact that most cartoons don't have a set timeline like ours, M&T can utilize the 'sliding age' rule alot. Which means, they can age the boys up a year if they like, and age them back a year also.

I don't keep track of the times they've done it (it happens ALL the time), but here's a few bits..

Stan: Established as being eight, then nine in "Biggest Douche". Is back to being eight due to "sliding age".

Kyle: Established as eight, then as nine in "Cartmanland", has birthday in "Casa Bonita" (ten?) then back to eight.

Cartman: One could say that he turned nine in "Damien". He's been sliding back and forth ever since though..

Kenny: Always been eight

As you can see, the sliding age rule is used so that if they age AT ALL, it'll be retconned and the four will be the same age again. Gotta love cartoons! Nothing has to really make sense.. :lol:


sliding timeline would be a good explaination had they not been permanently slid forward one year to fourth grade. it has been pointed out in interviews and episodes that they are nine.

all episodes you mentioned, except damien come after the switch to fourth (season 5). Stan was in fact, never established as 8 in "biggest douche". first mention of age he says "I'm nine years old". how was he established as 8? he wasn't. No one has been 8 since they moved to fourth. except perhaps kyle, who as you pointed out we don't know if that's his ninth or tenth b-day in "casa bonita". we can probably assume it's his tenth since he say's he's nine in an episode from two years prior. The sliding time rule then went into effect making him nine again (probably) in "all about mormons".

the creators do use the "cartoons don't have to make sense" rule often, but not this time. time does go back to where it was the previous episode in some cases, but this is simply a mistake on someones part.
PostSun Apr 03, 2005 2:09 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:54 pm89Your mom's ass
just watched "scott tenorman must die" and Cartman says he's 8 lol.

either that's a blooper too
he's younger
or they just aren't that worried about it hehehe
PostTue Apr 05, 2005 10:12 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:35 pm54
Quote:
No its the same chick cause there is only one chick that does all of the girls voices. :P :parishilton


no if you watch commentary on season 3 she commited suicide during the end of season 3 they are just to lazy to take her off the credits :wink:
Hack the Matrix
Image
Image
PostTue Apr 05, 2005 9:26 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:13 pm5California
stanandkenny777 wrote:
In Heaven when Kenny first arrives you can see a statue of "God" as he was before in "Are you there god its me Jesus." So that means he still stayed the same but satan changed, satans boyfriend changed, the shirt on kennys mom and dad, the hospital.


As far as Kenny's parents' clothes go, I think they got more money somehow. Plus, how did they afford the PSP? They won the lottery, and didn't buy a new house?

And, Satan, that had to be a joke that few of us got. He seemed to be strait up until he yelled "I'm breaking up with you!" Funny, funny stuff.
"I don't think you're in a position to kill anyone, my red white and blue friend" -- Kim Jong Il
PostTue Apr 05, 2005 9:28 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:13 pm5California
Goldv wrote:
Quote:
No its the same chick cause there is only one chick that does all of the girls voices. :P :parishilton


no if you watch commentary on season 3 she commited suicide during the end of season 3 they are just to lazy to take her off the credits :wink:


I have a question about that... does anyone know why? Was is because she was ashamed of herself on the movie, or something?
"I don't think you're in a position to kill anyone, my red white and blue friend" -- Kim Jong Il
PostWed Apr 06, 2005 2:46 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:36 pm12San Antonio, Texas
yea satan looked more evil, but he still the same ol satan. Breakin up with that foo lmao
PostWed Apr 06, 2005 3:23 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
satoru wrote:
I have a question about that... does anyone know why? Was is because she was ashamed of herself on the movie, or something?


God no. You're asking people to speculate on the mental condition of a person who's about to take her own life? I can assure you, it had nothing to do with SP, the movie or show. As I understand it, Mary Kay was proud of her contributions to South Park.
Image
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostWed Apr 06, 2005 3:44 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:23 pm643My Palace
Canoli wrote:

sliding timeline would be a good explaination had they not been permanently slid forward one year to fourth grade. it has been pointed out in interviews and episodes that they are nine.

all episodes you mentioned, except damien come after the switch to fourth (season 5). Stan was in fact, never established as 8 in "biggest douche". first mention of age he says "I'm nine years old". how was he established as 8? he wasn't. No one has been 8 since they moved to fourth. except perhaps kyle, who as you pointed out we don't know if that's his ninth or tenth b-day in "casa bonita". we can probably assume it's his tenth since he say's he's nine in an episode from two years prior. The sliding time rule then went into effect making him nine again (probably) in "all about mormons".

the creators do use the "cartoons don't have to make sense" rule often, but not this time. time does go back to where it was the previous episode in some cases, but this is simply a mistake on someones part.




Actually, Stan was mentioned as being eight years of age in "Asspen". And of course, they were all in fourth grade at the time. Also, fourth grade is for 8-to-9 year olds, is it not. I mean, grade school begins aged five, so second grade is for 6-7s, and third is for 7-8s, therefore fourth grade is nominally 8-9s. Am I wrong.
Image
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
PostWed Apr 06, 2005 9:11 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:32 pm3Southeast
airmancoop44 wrote:
The second time he reads it, he uses a different page. So it's 2 different pages, not the same one.


Apparently you miss understood me. Yes when he reads it the second time he is reading off two pages, but he flips the page at a different part in the sentence than he did the first time. You will probably have to watch it again to see it.
PostThu Apr 07, 2005 2:14 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:54 pm89Your mom's ass
vexille wrote:
Actually, Stan was mentioned as being eight years of age in "Asspen". And of course, they were all in fourth grade at the time. Also, fourth grade is for 8-to-9 year olds, is it not. I mean, grade school begins aged five, so second grade is for 6-7s, and third is for 7-8s, therefore fourth grade is nominally 8-9s. Am I wrong.


Sort of, we are about a year slower than that here. we got the fighting dumbshit genes, guess the smart genes stayed in britain.

and... since they say over and over that they were eight in third grade, at least a couple if not all of them should be nine.
Many children turn 10 in 4th grade. i'd go so far as to say most do.
PostThu Apr 07, 2005 10:03 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:13 am7Harrisonburg, Va
who says that the episodes have to be in chronological order? their ages arn't worth getting into this big of a discussion about. we can just all agree that they are between 8 and 10.
-Kurt
PostFri Apr 08, 2005 5:23 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:54 pm89Your mom's ass
Candy0428 wrote:
airmancoop44 wrote:
The second time he reads it, he uses a different page. So it's 2 different pages, not the same one.


Apparently you miss understood me. Yes when he reads it the second time he is reading off two pages, but he flips the page at a different part in the sentence than he did the first time. You will probably have to watch it again to see it.


the first page ends in the exact same place as the first time he read it... at "please" (actually I think it's the third of four pages technically)
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 2 of 4 54 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X