Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 22 posts 1, 2  Next
909 - Marjorine PostSat Jul 29, 2006 7:00 pm Offline
Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:17 pm1829Shelburne, Ontario aka Fiddleville
When they show Butters' basement, compare it with what his basement looked like in Return Of The Fellowship Of The Ring To The Two Towers. It looks a hell of alot different. In the LOTR one there was actually carpet and the stairs came down against the wall, in Marjorine the floor was cement and the stairs were in the middle of the room. And the couch and TV are gone.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
PostSat Jul 29, 2006 7:06 pm Offline
Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:32 am966(Gay smart ass location goes here.) but really Baltimore, MD, USA
The basement in Marjorine is Cartman's basement. Remember, Cartman calls everyone to the meeting.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
PostSat Jul 29, 2006 11:48 pm Offline
Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:47 pm46Kyle's backyard.
I noticed that, at the end of the episode. I was confused at first.
yeah PostSat Jul 29, 2006 11:56 pm Offline
Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:57 pm18
cartman8213 wrote:
The basement in Marjorine is Cartman's basement. Remember, Cartman calls everyone to the meeting.

He didn't mean that basement, he ment the basement at the end of the episode where Butters's parents are feeding him and he is in chains. Still i didn't find it weird because these things happen all of the time in south park and that's just getting normal that things change to make a scene better.
You Guy's Wanna Get High?
The Stotch Basement PostSun Jul 30, 2006 12:34 pm Offline
Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:33 pm3
Personally I found the episode heartwarming. We have seen Butters get psychologically and physically abused by his parents in just about every way imaginable (from beatings and tauntings to attempted murder). But in Marjorine they built him his own dungeon, despite their certainty that he is demon spawn, and even brought him a human victim to feed on. To me it was a reassurance that they really do love him.
Re: yeah PostSun Jul 30, 2006 5:48 pm Offline
Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:32 am966(Gay smart ass location goes here.) but really Baltimore, MD, USA
Nonni3000 wrote:
cartman8213 wrote:

He didn't mean that basement, he ment the basement at the end of the episode where Butters's parents are feeding him and he is in chains. Still i didn't find it weird because these things happen all of the time in south park and that's just getting normal that things change to make a scene better.

Oh, right. Sorry, my bad.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
PostTue Aug 01, 2006 10:27 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:35 pm1411Canada, North America
I noticed that. Even thought I didn't really pick up on it right away.
Re: The Stotch Basement PostFri Aug 25, 2006 2:39 pm Offline
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:05 pm9
juwanemo wrote:
Personally I found the episode heartwarming. We have seen Butters get psychologically and physically abused by his parents in just about every way imaginable (from beatings and tauntings to attempted murder). But in Marjorine they built him his own dungeon, despite their certainty that he is demon spawn, and even brought him a human victim to feed on. To me it was a reassurance that they really do love him.

Love him? Or want to make sure that he's fed so that he doesn't eat THEM??! I dunno about Mr & Mrs Stotch (or is it Scotch) They tried to sell thier son to Paris Hilton. And they aso called him "Butters". Well they called him Leopold, like that's so much beter, but they call him "Butters"
Re: The Stotch Basement PostFri Aug 25, 2006 2:49 pm Offline
Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:37 pm2514
juwanemo wrote:

My parents must hate me, because they would never do that to me. :o

Locking and chaining their son in the basement may be a loving act in your eyes, for some reason, but I see it as.....urk. :o

I hope you never have kids.
PostSat Sep 02, 2006 12:13 am Offline
  • YIM
Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:35 am305You suck
lol you always know the right thing to say, devon
PostSat Jan 13, 2007 11:33 pm Offline
Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:53 am8
too bad we'll never know how he got out of there, and if that lady survived.
whoa...
PostSun Mar 25, 2007 6:36 am Offline
Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:53 pm160In a far, far way galaxy...
I didn't like Marjorie. So I hate boys/girls fight, why can't they be friends? When I was in 4th grade boys/girls used to have arguments sometimes, but most of the times are friends! :)

Sorry Cartman fans, but Cartman had a stupid idea! See the future?! It's coincident! Kyle was right that it was a stupid idea.
It's just a stupid 4th grade girl's joke for people who would like "know their future". :?

"If you not fight, then you will meet your destiny"
Darth Vader

My birthday in on May, 23rd Happy Birthday to me!
Re: The Stotch Basement PostSun Mar 25, 2007 9:18 am Offline
  • YIM
Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:07 pm955Willy Dribble!!!
juwanemo wrote:

ROFLCOPTER

I wanna be chained in a basement and fed human bodies too...

BUTTERS WAS SO CUTE IN THAT EPISODE!!!

Cartman: "If they start lezzing out just go with it."
Butters: (Horrified) "What's lezzing out!?"
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
Re: 909 - Marjorine PostTue Aug 12, 2008 9:29 pm Offline
Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:38 pm4
I just assumed the parents had moved everything of value from the basement (couch, tv, vcr, carpet) before "grounding" Butters in chains. They obviously wouldn't want a demon-spawn to damage their nice things.

Shouldn't the odd-speaking local know that the Indian Burial ground had already been dug up, defiled with urine, and had a pet store built upon it back in Season Two's Spooky Fish? I guess since the pig didn't come back to life, Mr. Stotch wasn't interring the remains in a real Indian burial ground, but the local should still know it's not there anymore, right?
Re: 909 - Marjorine PostWed Aug 13, 2008 5:45 am Offline
  • YIM
Tue May 27, 2008 8:08 am2038utah........
Was that the only Indian burial ground?

note that the pet store owner said he reburied them all upside down, so they are all still there... then evil cartman lectured the pet store owner to take back the evil fish and move his store.... later evil stan and evil kyle come through the portal and release all the evil animals, which probably lead to the end of that pet store...
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 22 posts 1, 2  Next